Adventist Online

When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne... Matthew 25:31

The rewards of the saints are glorious. In Revelation 3:21 Jesus says

The one overcoming, I will give to him to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Jesus now sits with the Father on the Father's throne, he equally shares the throne with God the Father because God exalted him to that position as the scriptures tells us.

Acts 5:31 God exalted Him to His right hand as Prince and Savior, in order to grant repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.

Just as the Father exalted him to the throne of the Father, Jesus will reward those who overcome to positions on his own throne that will be established when the Son of Man comes in his glory.
The prophet Isaiah says,

And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

The Father's throne in heaven is established, this throne will be a new throne; the throne of David, it is one that has been promised.

...The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever. His kingdom will never end!”

Just as the Father has promised a throne to Jesus, Jesus has also promise to share this throne with those who overcome, in Matthew 19:28 Jesus shares this with his disciples.

Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth: In the age when all things are renewed, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The one overcoming, Jesus said, I will give to him to sit with Me on My throne. The rewards of the saints are great in the kingdom of God, and sitting with Jesus on his throne is one of them.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gene, I am waiting for the punch line about the "Deceived". 

Elijah,

The bible does say that there will be a time when if possible even the very elect will be deceived, but it’s not possible because they are the called chosen and faithful. So, it should be clear that there are and will be those who are deceived. They are perishing; who will save them?

Gene, now we have the "Deceived" in two classes the  "worthy" and "unworthy" Deceived. You have the elect and the deceived elect, really bro. No, it is not clear, have you read the parable of the ten virgins? 

Where we find some who have oil in their lamps and some who have not enough. To me, they are all waiting for the Lord to come, While those with enough oil goes to buy some the Lord comes and gathers the ones who have enough oil. Later those who had not enough come and knock on the door but He says "I never knew you".   

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service