Adventist Online

THE SANCTUARY AND THE STATUTES

There are more than 600 statutes in the Bible. These statutes are not shadowy precepts to be nailed to the cross. They are binding forever unto eternity.

The statutes, along with the commandments are found in the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. For further study, please check my website: www.numbers1317.org -file 19.

OLD TESTAMENT: TEACH STATUTES AND JUDGMENTS
"Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the
judgments which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live and go in
and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you.

SIMILAR WARNING AS REVELATION 22:18, 19
Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye
diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord
your God which I command you:

Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to
possess it.

STATUTES AND JUDGMENTS TO BUILD A GREAT NATION
Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your
understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these
statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding
people. For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto
them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so
righteous to all this law, which I set before you this day?"
Deuteronomy 4:1-8.

TEACH COMMANDMENTS, STATUTES AND JUDGMENTS
"But as for thee, stand thou here by me, and I will speak unto thee all
the commandments, and the statutes and the judgments, which thou shalt
teach them, that they may do them in the land which I give them to
possess it. Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath
commanded you: "Ye shall walk in all the ways which the LORD your God
hath commanded you." Deuteronomy 5:31-33.

GOD GAVE MOSES JUDGMENTS AND LAWS IN ADDITION TO THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

He did not even then trust His precepts to the memory of a people who
were prone to forget His requirements, but wrote them upon tables of
stone. He would remove from Israel all possibility of mingling heathen
traditions with His holy precepts, or of confounding His requirements
with human ordinances or customs. But He did not stop with giving them
the precepts of the Decalogue. The people had shown themselves so
easily led astray that He would leave no door of temptation unguarded.
Moses was commanded to write, as God should bid him, judgments and laws
giving minute instruction as to what was required.

PRINCIPLES OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS AMPLIFIED
These directions relating to the duty of the people to God, to one
another, and to the stranger were only the principles of the Ten
Commandments amplified and given in a specific manner, that none need
err. They were designed to guard the sacredness of the ten precepts
engraved on the tables of stone."
Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 364.

THE STATUTES WERE GIVEN TO GUARD THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
"In consequence of continual transgression, the moral law was repeated
in awful grandeur from Sinai. Christ gave to Moses religious precepts
which were to govern the everyday life. These statutes were explicitly
given to guard the ten commandments. They were not shadowy types to
pass away with the death of Christ. They were to be binding upon man in
every age as long as time should last. These commands were enforced by
the power of the moral law, and they clearly and definitely explained
that law.

CHRIST IS THE AUTHOR OF THE STATUTES AND PRECEPTS
They cast aside the restraint of the law, and give loose rein to the
corrupt passions and the prompting of the natural heart, and then
triumph in the mercy and grace of the gospel. Christ speaks to such:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the
kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in
Heaven." What is the will of the Father? That we keep his commandments.
Christ, to enforce the will of his Father, became the author of the
statutes and precepts given through Moses to the people of God.
Christians who extol Christ, but array themselves against the law
governing the Jewish church, array Christ against Christ."
E.G. White, Review and Herald, May 6, 1875.

SATAN HAS PERVERTED THE DOCTRINES OF THE BIBLE
"In seeking to cast contempt upon the divine statutes, Satan has
perverted the doctrines of the Bible, and errors have been incorporated
into the faith of thousands who profess to believe the Scriptures. The
last great conflict between truth and error is but the final struggle
of the long standing controversy concerning the law of God. Upon this
battle we are now entering - a battle between the laws of men and the
precepts of Jehovah, between the religion of the Bible and the religion
of fable and tradition."
The Great Controversy, p. 582.

JESUS WAS THE FOUNDATION OF THE JEWISH ECONOMY
"Jesus was the foundation of the Jewish economy, the author of all the Laws, Statutes, and requirements of His chosen people."
E.G. White, Review and Herald, September 13, 1906.

THE GOSPEL IS REVEALED IN THESE TYPES AND SHADOWS
"The earthly temple is no more. Its mysterious vail has been rent
asunder; its sacred vessels have been demolished, and the Jewish people
are scattered to every part of the world. But the judgments that fell
on that nation are a symbol of those that will fall on all who, like
Jerusalem, know not the time of their visitation. Let not man mock the
ancient Jewish economy, of which Christ was the Originator, and the One
to whom the types and shadows pointed. In these types and shadows is
revealed the everlasting Gospel."
E.G. White, Sign of the Times, January 13, 1898.

CHRIST DID NOT COME TO ABROGATE THE LAW HE GAVE ON SINAI
"Christ did not come to abrogate the law given on Sinai, but to enforce
it. He was the foundation of the whole Jewish economy. That which He
had spoken from Sinai was the foundation of the government of heaven,
and was to be as enduring as eternity. He knew the strength of the law
of Jehovah. He knew its immutability. It was because the law of God
could not be changed to meet man in his fallen condition, that Christ
clothed His divinity with humanity, and came to our world to take upon
Him the sins of a fallen race. He became sin for us, that we might be
made the righteousness of God in Him."
E.G. White, Signs of the Times, July 7, 1898.

PAUL PROCLAIMS A MESSIAH WHO UPHOLDS THE TRUTH
"Nor does Paul proclaim to the Jews a Messiah whose work is to destroy
the old dispensation, but a Messiah who came to develop the Jewish
economy in accordance with the truth."
E.G. White, 6MR p. 324.

CHRISTIAN SHOULD LOOK AT BIBLE HISTORY IN ITS TRUE BEARING
"The Christian who accepts the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but
the truth, will look at Bible history in its true bearing. The history
of the Jewish economy from beginning to end, though spoken
contemptuously and sneered at as the dark ages, will reveal light and
still more light, as it is studied."
E.G. White, Review and Herald, February 6, 1900.

THE STATUTE AND THE JUDGMENT: WORD OF GOD TO US
"The words of Moses to Israel, concerning the statutes and judgments of the Lord, are also the word of God to us..."
E.G. White, Sign of the Times, March 21, 1895.

NO MERE FORMS OR CEREMONIES
"Men professing to stand as watchmen of the walls of Zion speak of the
Jewish age as one of darkness. They represent the religion of the
Hebrews as consisting of mere forms and ceremonies."
E.G. White, Review and Herald, September 14, 1886.

INSULT TO THE GOD OF HEAVEN TO TRAMPLE UNDERFOOT HIS LAWS AND STATUTES
"What insult is this to the God of Heaven that has given righteous Laws
and wise and merciful Statutes to have them disregarded and trampled
underfoot... "God will not take into His kingdom and give eternal life
to those who will not come under His Laws and Statutes in this life."
E.G. White, Signs of the Times, September 8, 1887.

REVERENCE AND OBEY THE STATUTES
"The statutes of the Lord are to be reverenced and obeyed."
E.G. White, Review and Herald, December 20, 1898.

TEACHING THAT THE STATUTES ARE NO LONGER BINDING IS THE SAME AS IDOLATRY
"The light esteem in which the law of God is held, even by religious
leaders, has been productive of great evil. The teaching
which has become so wide-spread that the divine statutes are no longer
binding upon men, is the same as idolatry in its
effect upon the morals of the people. Those who seek to lessen the claims of
God's holy law are striking directly at the foundation
of the government of families and nations. Religious parents, failing to
walk in his statutes, do not command their household to
keep the way of the Lord. The law of God is not made the rule of life. The
children, as they make homes of their own, feel under no
obligation to teach their children what they themselves have never been
taught. And this is why there are so many godless families;
this is why depravity is so deep and wide-spread.

"A reformation in this respect is needed--a reformation which shall be deep
and broad. Parents need to reform; ministers need to
reform; they need God in their households."
Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 143

Views: 97

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear William,

You want something to reset your mind even more if that is the way you and others interpret the words I used in my last reply, please check my last post on Daniel 12 and the Second Papal Supremacy. It will definitely create an uproar from the bottomles pit itself as it has done for the past 20 years. I could not entered it in the regular posting I have used so I posted in General Discussions. The wise will understand.

But no matter what you attempt to answer, you have no argument whatsoever in favor of Saturday, because it does not exist in the Bible. Noone in the Bible has ever observed Saturday or Sunday,, Christmas or Easter because it is based on a non-existant calendar: it is the pure invention of the enemy!

With His love, odette
Dear Odette, I glance over it, it is still complicated :-) I guess we will know if it ever come out like that.

I read back to the history of Advent movement. It seems very clear that God was pointing them to the true 7th day Sabbath, and that we no longer need to keep ceremonial laws. The adventist pioneers did endorse it. So did our prophet EGW endorse it. If you look at the actual photo I uploaded on Sabbath, it has the root word of Sabbath in many languages, use by the pioneers.

Sincerely,
Dear MsMs

You write:

Odette's statement: "Noone in the Bible has ever observed Saturday or Sunday,, Christmas or Easter because it is based on a non-existant calendar: it is the pure invention of the enemy!'

You are now saying that the Sabbath that the prophet and pioneers received from God and that our church has kept to this day is "the pure invention of the enemy!" Total blasphemy!! You are fulfilling the prophecy of Ellen White by making of "non effect the testimonies" and are helping satan in his "last campagin against the church."

My dear friend: We must always pay much attention before we respond in writing: the spoken words go but the written words remain. Otherwise, it coul appear our written words:

1. mislead the readers in order to bring our own point of view accross.
2. it showes we are prisoners of traditions and customs and deny openly the Word
3. and it could also demonstrate ignorance of certain facts.

I would like you to kindly notice what I wrote and what you wrote:
Odette's statement: " Noone in the Bible has ever observed Saturday or Sunday,, Christmas or Easter because it is based on a non-existant calendar: it is the pure invention of the enemy!'

Your written statement:
You are now saying that the Sabbath that the prophet and pioneers received from God and that our church has kept to this day is "the pure invention of the enemy!"

By changing the word SATURDAY in my written statement with SABBATH in your statement,

It appears like you:
1. mislead the readers in order to bring your own point of view accross.
2. you are prisoner of traditions and customs and deny openly the Word
3. could also be ignorant of all the facts regarding this subject of Biblical Sanctuary Barley Harvest Mosaic Law Calendation.

a) SATURDAY is not mentionned in the Bible KJV because it is not part of Heavenly Father's Sabbath, His Sabbath is the 7th day which He rested on, blessed, sanctified, (Gen. 2) named it Sabbath (Ex. 16), made it holy and made it a sign so we know He is the Creator. But He never called it SATURDAY. This is what I meant by my statement and perhaps was not clear since you and I have been discussing this matter for awhile and the other points I presented brought this statement about.

b) Prisoners of traditions and customs are people who hold to what they have always believed because they have always believed it.

The angel did not tell Sis. White that SATURDAY was the Sabbath. Mrs. Oakes an Anabaptist who kept the 7th day Saturday told Bro. Bates and the people accepted it. They kept it from 1845 to 1855 from 6 pm to 6 pm until the angel corrected their error by telling them to study.

'Said the angel: 'Take the Word of God, read it, understand and ye cannot err. Read carefully, and ye shall there find what even is, and when it is.' I ask the angel if the frown of God had been upon His people for commencing the Sabbath as they had. I was directed back ot the first rise of the Sabbath and followed the people of God up to this time but did not see that the Lord was displeased or frowned upon them. ... Saith the angel: 'If the light comes and that light is set aside, or rejected then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.' I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at 6 o`clock when I had only seen that it commenced at 'even' and it was inferred that even was 6. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together.' 1T116.

3.It could also be ignorance of all the facts regarding this subject of Biblical Sanctuary Barley Harvest Mosaic Law Calendation.

Your comment:
You are now saying that the Sabbath that the prophet and pioneers received from God and that our church has kept to this day is "the pure invention of the enemy!" Total blasphemy!! You are fulfilling the prophecy of Ellen White by making of "non effect the testimonies" and are helping satan in his "last campagin against the church.''

I have never said such a thing because the pioneers before 1844 and October 22, 1844 confirms the Biblical Calendar -- it is the pioneers after 1844 who accepted SATURDAY as the 7th day. They were right according to the calendar of the day - but wrong according to the Biblical calendar that had just been restored back, in order to open the prophecy of Daniel 8:14 and 9:24-27. That is what I am reading in our SDA history.

You write: Total blasphemy!

My Appeal:
There is no need to use such strong judgment against facts! Should we not heed the words of the angel in 1855:

''If the light comes and that light is set aside, or rejected then comes condemnation and the frown of God; but before the light comes, there is no sin, for there is no light for them to reject.

Then the prophet writes:
' I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at 6 o`clock when I had only seen that it commenced at 'even' and it was inferred that even was 6. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together.' 1T116.

I am paraphrasing now if you will allow me:
Could it be that it was in the mind of some (1845 -2010) that the Lord had shown that Saturday was the Sabbath when it was not according to the Millerites Movement. Could it be that she had only seen that it was the 7th day and it was inferred that Saturday was the 7th day SABBATH. She saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together.

You do not see!
I do not see why there isn't more of an outcry against this. Unless we are resolute my friends, we will be in danger of inbibing the "true inventions of the enemy"!

My reply:
Perhaps because everyone is studying it carefully and are drawing and pressing together!

I repeat:
No other studies to this day are more detested and their messages more ridiculed as those of the Biblical Appointed Times of the Festivals, the Sanctuary Barley Harvest Mosaic Law calendation as restored to the Millerites with the date of October 22, 1844, the literal application of Daniel Chapter 12 and the meaning of the DAILY in the book of Daniel. The pulpits are closed to these teachings and the students of the Bible are intimidated by them. It should be a sign that these messages are of vital importance and the warning they contain is absolutely essential to the people of God at this time.

These interpretations: The Biblical Appointed Times of the Festivals, the Sanctuary Barley Harvest Mosaic Law calendation as restored to the Millerites with the date of October 22, 1844, the literal application of Daniel Chapter 12 and the meaning of the DAILY are attributed to Lucifer himself from the lowest pit of hell, as some have boldly declared.

TWO QUESTIONS THAT DEMAND AN ANSWER
Q. 1. What would be the purpose of Lucifer to array his own Pagan, Papal, Gregorian Sun - Saturnalian false system of WORSHIP calendation against the Biblical sanctuary calendar which repairs the breach made against the Heavenly Father's appointed times including the 7 Feasts and the Creation 7th day Sabbath and points to the present work of our Great High Priest in the MHP and our duty as His people?

Q. 2. What would be the purpose of Lucifer to give an interpretation of Daniel 12 as literal and give God's people a warning to prepare them against the SECOND PAPAL SUPREMACY?

ANSWER:
The answer to these 2 questions is: 0, nil, absolutely none! He has no purpose to do such thing. Because that would be to array and prove the falsehood of Babylon's Garments of: Sun-day, Saturnalian, Christmas, Easter, Immaculate Conception, All Saints, Ceremonies, and Traditions, pagan, papal man-made false festivals and make them fall flat on its face like the god of the Philistines that felt before the Ark of the Covenant and was broken in pieces! Babylon is fallen! Is fallen! He would never do that!

ANOTHER QUESTION
Q. 3. So another question which deserves an answer: Who cares enough then at this time of this earth history to warn His people in order to prepare them for the conflict ahead?

Answer: The Heavenly Father Himself as He did in 1844.

Christ was charged by the Pharisees of BLASPHEMY because He declared He was equal to the Father and could forgive sins. I would never make such statements!

All what I am attempting to do is share studies and subjects of Present Truth and openly want to discuss it with others. I used to be part of a Church who called people as myself: heretic. It still does
not prove we are wrong unless it can be demonstrated with the wisdom that is from above that is first pure, than peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, without hypocrisy. James 3:17.

With His love, odette
Dear MsMs.

Thank you for your apology, I accept it not for myself but for the truth sake.

odette said 'have never said such a thing because the pioneers before 1844 and October 22, 1844 confirmed the Biblical Calendar --

You ask:
Please tell me who the pioneers were before 1844 who confirmed the Biblical Calendar Sabbath that had just been restored back? Did they then keep this new "Sabbath" that had just been restored back or did they just "use" it to open the prophecies of Daniel? And if not, why not?

1ST POINT
Notice I said:
The pioneers before 1844 and October 22, 1844 confirmed the Biblical Calendar
NOT THE BIBLICAL CALENDAR SABBATH

The Barley Harvest Mosaic Law Calendation was the Biblical calendar used by the Millerites to establish the date of October 22 1844. If they had used the Rabbinical calendar of the day, they would have proclaimed the Great Day of Atonement on Sept. 23, 1844 as the Jews did in 1844.

According to history, the Grace Amadon Collection, the SOP, Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers, vol. 4 by L.E. Froom, all confirm that the Millerites used the right method of calendation of the Karaites who preserved the Barley Harvest Law and New Moon Crescent calendar reckoning to establish October 22, 1844.

William Miller who started the movement around 1830 after studying the Bible and prophecies for about 10 years, was joined by: Sylvester Bliss, Josiah Litch, Joshua V. Himes, Nathaniel Southard, Apollos Hale, Nathan Whiting, Samuel Snow, George Storrs Fitch, Jacobs, Marsh, along with Joseph Bates, James White, Hiram Edson and others.

You ask:
Did they then keep this new "Sabbath" that had just been restored back or did they just "use" it to open the prophecies of Daniel? And if not, why not?

ANSWER:
None of them kept it before or after the disappointment because, as I wrote, they never saw it: that is a Seventh-day Sabbath based on a Barley Harvest Mosaic Law Calendation. They used the right calendar - Barley Harvest Law to open the prophecies before Oct. 22 1844 - but some kept the 7th day after the 22nd, according to the Gregorian. That is what I am writing.

2ND POINT
My answer:
According to L.E. Froom in Vol 4. of Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers, page 827-876,
Except for Elder Bates, White and Edson, none of the others adopted the Seventh-day. William Miller himself did not adopt it and died in 1849, Fitch died just before the autumnal disapointment, Himes, Litch, Marsh and Snow repudiated the entire 'shut door' idea just after the disapointment and never joined in the Seventh-day movement.

You ask:
Of course the SDA pioneers after were Ellen White & associates. And so you are saying that with all the writings of EGW confirming the Sabbath as Saturday as we keep it are in error?

3RD POINT
I am saying:
It is the pioneers after 1844 who accepted SATURDAY as the 7th day. They were right according to the calendar of the day - but wrong according to the Biblical calendar that had just been restored back, in order to open the prophecy of Daniel 8:14 and 9:24-27. That is what I am reading in our SDA history.

4TH POINT
I asked:
"Could it be that she had only seen that it was the 7th day and it was inferred that Saturday was the 7th day SABBATH."

You ask
So are you saying that God allowed the wrong day to be kept all these years because Ellen White just "inferred that Saturday was the 7th day SABBATH?"

My Answer:
I did not write: Sis White inferred that Saturday was the 7th day Sabbath, I said: ``IT was inferred.`` I simply used the same wording as written by Sis White in 1T116. It is a matter of syntaxe it seems that is the problem: when you quote my words, please make sure you quote them as written, because I try as best as I can to write words that convey what I mean so they will not be used wrong or could be misleading.

To say IT inferred --- is not the same as saying --- Sis White inferred.

The angel did not tell Sis. White that SATURDAY was the Sabbath. Mrs. Oakes an Anabaptist who kept the 7th day Saturday told Bro. Bates and the people accepted it. They kept it from 1845 to 1855 from 6 pm to 6 pm until the angel corrected their error by telling them to study.

''I saw that it was in the minds of some that the Lord had shown that the Sabbath commenced at 6 o`clock when I had only seen that it commenced at 'even' and it was inferred that even was 6. I saw that the servants of God must draw together, press together.' 1T116.

5TH POINT:
YOU ASK:
And He sent the Three Angel's Messages via a church that didn't even know which day the messages were talking about?

COMMENT:
Are you talking about 'before' 1844 or 'after' 1844? Because, before 1844 and during the year 1844, all the pioneers kept Sunday, the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK OF THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR, I hope you agree with that statement. The Seventh-day question was not agitated until 1845.

Then the answer to your quesion is: That is correct, the Millerites gave the Three Angel's Message at the right time even if they did not know which day the messages were talking about. But of course, they never formed a separate church before and during 1844. They were simply known as the Advent Movement or 7th Month Movement by August 1844. Now the day they were to announce was the day relating to the HOUR of JUDGMENT or Great Day of Atonement not the 7th day Sabbath which they never discovered then.

While they believed the judgment was to take place at the end of the 2300 days of years, they were looking for an executive judgment on the earth. It was only after the Great Disappointment that they figure out their error, which we are told in the book Great Controversy, the LORD HID THAT MISTAKE FROM THEM BECAUSE HE WAS TESTING HIS PEOPLE! The same with 1843 and the mistake on the chart! Would the LORD do this to His people to test them, NO? BUT HE DID!

After 1844, the subject of the sanctuary was revealed to them, and the work of the Great High Priest in the MHP, the state of the dead as adopted from Elder Storrs, and in 1845, the Seventh-day according to Mrs. Oakes' testimony to Elder Bates. Then for 10 years, 1845-1855, they kept it from 6 - 6 p,m. until J.N. Andrews studied the hours of the 7th day as we know it today and the brethren started keeping it from sunset to sunset.

You State
If I sound completely ignorant concerning this subject, never fear, I am.
But I am trying to get you to answer my simple questions such as I just asked. As I said before, I am not interested in the principles of the calendation sabbath

6TH POINT
My first question would be: Why not? Truth never loose anything by being investigated!

There is nothing wrong with admitting a lack of knowledge - that's where ignorance stems from. However, as I mentioned often in our discussion, THE STUDY OF TIME OR CALENDATION IS A SCIENCE.

It would be extremely hard for me to teach my students anatomy, physiology and pathology if I would not lay the basis or principles of these sciences. The same principle applies for the study of the BIBLE, ASTRONOMY, HISTORY, CHRONOLOGY. You seem to have a fairly good knowledge of the Bible and the SOP. These books contain many principles of sciences such as: Astronomy.

In Ps. 19, it reveals the sun moves along a line which in astronomy is called: eccliptic line
In Job 38 there are many principles taught on nature and the constellations in heaven.

To be honest with you, I was not very knowledgeable in Astronomy either until 1991 when I first got interested to look into the calendar and the appointed times.. So I did, like everybody else do when they want to learn something, anything. I studied.

Sometimes, I study to contradict something and it turns out it is true. Just like when I read the Great Controversy in 1982 on my own. Never met a SDA in my life. Just coming out of Catholicism. That book really hurt my feelings. I loved the Catholic Church, But, after I checked at a local library if that book was telling the truth about history, I accepted it.

You state
I apologize for getting a bit overboard on the blasphemy thing. Please explain to me how "more than a prophet" of God who had an angel by her side, dreams, visions, prayer and tons of Bible study in concert with other saints was not informed of this calendation sabbath??

7TH POINT
It was J.N.Haskel around 1869, who showed Sis White, in Lev, 11, the statute on the clean meat - at that time even the prophet was still eating pork. Was she not a prophet at that time? Absolutely she was! Did she have all the knowledge and revelation of the light all at once? Obviously not!

Just like the prophets of the Bible. Was John the Revelator a prophet? Did he not receive instruction from the best Teacher? Yet even the Teacher told his apostles, He had many things to reveal to them but they could not bear these things at that time. One of the reason was due to the false conception they had from their Jewish upbringing: they were all expecting a Messiah to deliver Israel from the Roman bondage.

Instead He was offering deliverance from sin. Even John, the beloved apostle and gifted Revelator was fighting for the best position till the Garden of Gethsemane. Was he a prophet then or later? Did they not receive some portions of the Spirit to heal the sicks, cast out demons while they were on training with Messiah?

When is a prophet, a prophet? Is it when he or she gets the gift by special endowment of the Spirit? Or at the end of their life, when everything they were given to write is written? I would say when they get the gift or even before when they are chosen and accept to be the prophet of the Lord. Remember Balaam, King Saul, King David, Jonah and even Elijah! Some failed, some ran away, some feared for their lives. I am asking you when a prophet is a prophet, because I believe that is where the problem lies?

A prophet or messenger as Sis White preferred to be called, is one who is endowed of the special gift of the Spirit. Do they receive all the knowledge with that endowment or is it as the Spirit reveals to them and as needed by and for the generation of that time?

It took the prophet Daniel years sometimes before he got the meaning of a vision - he had to wait for the change of the kingdom of Babylon (Dan. 8:1) to Darius (Dan, 9:1) before he received the explanation of the 2300 days prophecy (Dan. 8:14) . And when he got the meaning, it was partial and then he was told to seal it because it was not for his time.

Daniel never was given the date of 457 BC, AD 27 or 31 AD or October 22, 1844, because it would have meant absolutely nothing to him: October is not part of the Biblical recknoning. October corresponds to the 7th month Biblical calendation - yet it is the 10th month in Gregorian reckoning. And it was not necessary for him or his generation to know.

You state
But the problems it presents concerning the Seventh day Adventist Church. This is what I would very much like you to explain in very simple language. Because it seems very very wrong to me.

8TH POINT
Rather than being wrong, it is mostly difficult to unlearn and learn things we have never heard of before. That is why I was trying to explain the physiological and psychological process the brain and mind have to go through when you learn a new language. You may have learn English from birth. I did not and when at 20 years old, after being taught English by some great French speaking nuns at school, I will tell you that your brain hurts. That is what I meant by re-setting, It hurts. So that is the fact with any knowledge.

Let's make a matter clear whether you want to study it or not: Time = calendation = astronomy - is a science just like maths or chemistry. So having said that, it will make it very difficult if you do not want to study it just for the purpose of understanding how calendars are made: any calendar.

Some are MOON based, meaning it follows only the cycle of the moom = 354 days - like the Islam calendar starts in spring - but season changes and Ramadam is unstable because the sun cycle is not integrated with it.

Some are SUN based, meaning it follows the cycle of the sun = 365 days like the Gregarian calendar. But it is not based on season. Starts in the middle of winter instead of Spring Equinox.

Some are both: SUN AND MOON like the Hebrew calendar : 354 days for a common year; sometines longer: about 384 days for embolismic. - Starts after Equinox + Barley ripe + new moon crescent -

You ask:
And how you think, if it is true, it will affect the SDA church? Who on earth do you believe would come out of Babylon and join a church that is and has been so deluded on one of it's main doctrines? Since you are still a member as I understand it of this church, surely after all your study you must have some thoughts on this??

ANSWER:
I believe when God`s people are ready, they will be tested with the Sunday Law. But, contrary with what we have always expected: a challenge between SUNDAY and SATURDAY, it will be with a calendar change like in 1582, with the Gregorian calendar, and what the Church was facing in 1920-1940.

I know you may not care about Grace Amadon Collection. I know your heart is much with the 1888 Message. I have studied 1888 in the 1980's with Elder Wieland and Short. I believe the Revival of 1888 of Righteousness by Faith is the 3 angel`s message in verity, because we need to always keep our eyes on the Captain of our Salvation and His wonderful message as demonstrated in the sanctuary, His imputed and imparted righteousness.

The 3 angel's message and the Health message, its right arm is also very important.

And so is His Worship Appointed Times.

The Church will be tested very soon with the calendar - same one or similar to the one of 1930's. At that time, it will not be a matter of pride because the Church has been deluded or not! The apostles had to go through a test and they were stripped of their pride - but it made them much stronger and better to preach the Gospel after the Early Rain of Pentecost.

The pioneers of 1844 Movement were also humbled after the dispointment but they gave the right message at the right time, it was not quite the right event. And many abandonned the message for whatever reason they came into it. Some remained and carry the torch of the MHP, the INVESTGATIVE JUDGMENT and the SECOND COMING. That is the reason for out faith! We exist because of the Everlasting Gospel of the Judgment and 2nd Coming announcement. COL 226

The SDA Church and others have kept the 7th day Saturday all these years against Sunday of the Gregorian calendar which the same power who instituted it in 1582, is planning to change because it is no longer keeping pace with time. -

What are we to do?
Study and be settled in the pioneers method of calendation pre-disappointment 1844
Discuss it openly as we are doing right now
Pray much, fast much.

I tell you the enemy has no purpose whatsoever in presenting us with this Barley harvest Calendation.

The new Benedictine calendar, if it comes through in 2012, will be a real puzzle for many, because every day of the week will be shifted for 7 years in order to always get January 1st on Sunday.

The Gregorian calendar is made like this:
Every other year Jan.1st, falls on SUNDAY, MONDAY, TUESDAY. etc. until the cycle of 7 years is over and it starts again. But now they are proposing it will be always Jan.1 = SUNDAY. This way, Easter will always be a Sunday, Christmas will always be the same day on Dec. 25 like Monday or Tuesday every year.

You understand that in order to get the Benedictine Calendar or something similar, every day of the week will be shifted for the next years until it always falls on a Sunday.

Saturday will still be Saturday but shifted as well. Do you see why it is important to study Heavenly Father calendar again as in 1800's?

Then who cares what they thing about our stand on Saturday, Every single Christian Church, Jews and Muslims will face the same thing with their calendars - every body will be facing the same dilemma. This is what stopped the change in the 1900's: the Christian and Jews complained and they backed out.

I believe also it is because we did not pursue the discovery made in 1844 and revisited in 1939 and Heavenly Father would not have had a people to stand for His calendar.

Sounds Crazy? Maybe Yes!
But what about if it was not?
By then it will be too late to learn it and teach it!

Thanks for your genuine concern. Let's continue to pray and study.

With His Love, odette
Dear Atul,

There are actually more than one quote in the Word of Heavenly Father where He stops all celebrations and causes His calendar to be forgotten because of rebellion on the part of His chosen people. Then they have to live with the consequences of their choice:

Isaish 1:10-15 chapters 1-8
warning of captivity
cease the celebrations

chapters 9- 66
promise of Messiah 1st Advent
promise of Second Coming
Babylon is fallen Isa. 14
From New Moon to New Moon

Lamentations 2:6
Causes the calendar to be forgotten while in captivity

Ezekiel 7
The abominations in His sanctuary: SUN-WORSHIP

These specific Biblical references above are in the context of the Kingdom of Israel about ready to be send into captivity under Assyria' s rule and the kingsom of Judah under Babylon's rule.

Hosea (790 - 753): prophet at the time of Uzziah, Hezekiah kings of Judah and Jeroboam I, King of Israel.

Isaiah (740 - 681BC): prophet under Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah.

Jeremiah (627-561): King Josiah to Zedekiah

Ezechiel: (593-605 BC): King Jehoiakim and the Babylonian servitude.

These were the prophets during the last period of the kings of Israel and Judah before their captivity and dispersion under the descending power of Assyria and ascending power of Babylon. YAH is part of their names and demonstrates freedom.

Ezekiel is the prophet of the deportation as Daniel. ELOHIM is part of their names, They are the prophets of captivity

THE PROMISE OF RESTORATION SHORT TERM - LONG TERM ARE FOUND IN:

Isaiah:
chapter 1-12 - captivity
chapter 13 - Deliverance from Babylon
chapter 14- 66 - Promise of Messiah first and second advent
chapter 58 - restoration of the breach made in the Sabbtah
chapter 60 - light to the Gentiles
chapter 65 - new earth
chapter 66 - new moon to new moon, sabbath to sabbath, we will come to worship the LORD on the earth made new

Jeremiah
Chapter 25:11- The 70 years of captivity is over
Chapter 50 - The fall of Babylon

Daniel
8:14 Day of Atonement is a feast being fulfilled since 1844

Ezra
6:19-22 Upon their return to Jerusalem, the Biblical calendar was restored with the Feast of Passover and Unleavened Bread.

WHO IS RESTORING?
The same ONE who has chastised us for 166 years. (1844 - 2010)

Promises of restoration
Joel chapter 2:1 -32
'Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the people.

This was the call Heavenly Father send in 1844:
This was the Great Day of Atonement call of OCTOBER 22, 1844. And His people heard His call and sounded the Trumpets of the Midnight Cry and the coming of the Bridegroom in the Most Holy Place to start the Judgment of the dead.

The Biblical calendar was especially restored to the Millerites to ascertain that date and event. His deliverance draweth nigh!

Now the call is going out again with the restoration of His calendar!, the Loud Cry is given: Come out of Babylon most fraudulant scam: her Sun, Saturnalian Worship Calendar!

Joel 2: 25 was written for us:
'And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten: the cankerworm and the caterpillar; and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you:

The year of the Locust:
1844 and the Great Disappointment and the lost of many great leaders

The year of the cankerworm:
1888 and the rejection of the Righteousness by Faith message combining His Law received by faith in the mind and heart

The year of the caterpillar:
1939 and the General Conference Committee study of The Calendation of October 22, 1844 as reported in the Grace Amadon Collection

The year of the palmerworm --- if the message of Rev. 14 and 18 are not accepted
2010 and the messages repeated again in the fullness of:

the Sanctuary,
the Biblical Calendar,
the work finishing in the Most Holy Place,

This is coming soon:

The United Europe was just formed Dec. 13, 2009 with the Treaty of Lisbon signed

Which will bring The New World Order soon
The Sunday Law soon
2012 Benedictine calendar proposal
Universal Sunday Law
Death Decree
and the FINAL DELIVRANCE OF GOD'S PEOPLE

You may want to check my 2 websites on the sanctuary and the current events on www.fourwindspublications.org

`And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions, and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit.' Joel 2: 28, 29.

He is the LORD of hosts. He chastises and He heals!
He is restoring His calendar once more. DELIVERANCE IS COMING!
MARANATHA!
With his love,
odette
Dear Atul,

There are actually more than one quote in the Word of Heavenly Father where He stops all celebrations and causes His calendar to be forgotten because of rebellion on the part of His chosen people. Then they have to live with the consequences of their choice:

Isaish 1:10-15 chapters 1-8
warning of captivity
cease the celebrations

chapters 9- 66
promise of Messiah 1st Advent
promise of Second Coming
Babylon is fallen Isa. 14
From New Moon to New Moon

Lamentations 2:6
Causes the calendar to be forgotten while in captivity

Ezekiel 7
The abominations in His sanctuary: SUN-WORSHIP

These specific Biblical references above are in the context of the Kingdom of Israel about ready to be send into captivity under Assyria' s rule and the kingsom of Judah under Babylon's rule.

Hosea (790 - 753): prophet at the time of Uzziah, Hezekiah kings of Judah and Jeroboam I, King of Israel.

Isaiah (740 - 681BC): prophet under Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah.

Jeremiah (627-561): King Josiah to Zedekiah

Ezechiel: (593-605 BC): King Jehoiakim and the Babylonian servitude.

These were the prophets during the last period of the kings of Israel and Judah before their captivity and dispersion under the descending power of Assyria and ascending power of Babylon. YAH is part of their names and demonstrates freedom.

Ezekiel is the prophet of the deportation as Daniel. ELOHIM is part of their names, They are the prophets of captivity

THE PROMISE OF RESTORATION SHORT TERM - LONG TERM ARE FOUND IN:

Isaiah:
chapter 1-12 - captivity
chapter 13 - Deliverance from Babylon
chapter 14- 66 - Promise of Messiah first and second advent
chapter 58 - restoration of the breach made in the Sabbtah
chapter 60 - light to the Gentiles
chapter 65 - new earth
chapter 66 - new moon to new moon, sabbath to sabbath, we will come to worship the LORD on the earth made new

Jeremiah
Chapter 25:11- The 70 years of captivity is over
Chapter 50 - The fall of Babylon

Daniel
8:14 Day of Atonement is a feast being fulfilled since 1844

Ezra
6:19-22 Upon their return to Jerusalem, the Biblical calendar was restored with the Feast of Passover and Unleavened Bread.

WHO IS RESTORING?
The same ONE who has chastised us for 166 years. (1844 - 2010)

Promises of restoration
Joel chapter 2:1 -32
'Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the people.

This was the call Heavenly Father send in 1844:
This was the Great Day of Atonement call of OCTOBER 22, 1844. And His people heard His call and sounded the Trumpets of the Midnight Cry and the coming of the Bridegroom in the Most Holy Place to start the Judgment of the dead.

The Biblical calendar was especially restored to the Millerites to ascertain that date and event. His deliverance draweth nigh!

Now the call is going out again with the restoration of His calendar!, the Loud Cry is given: Come out of Babylon most fraudulant scam: her Sun, Saturnalian Worship Calendar!

Joel 2: 25 was written for us:
'And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten: the cankerworm and the caterpillar; and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you:

The year of the Locust:
1844 and the Great Disappointment and the lost of many great leaders

The year of the cankerworm:
1888 and the rejection of the Righteousness by Faith message combining His Law received by faith in the mind and heart

The year of the caterpillar:
1939 and the General Conference Committee study of The Calendation of October 22, 1844 as reported in the Grace Amadon Collection

The year of the palmerworm --- if the message of Rev. 14 and 18 are not accepted
2010 and the messages repeated again in the fullness of:

the Sanctuary,
the Biblical Calendar,
the work finishing in the Most Holy Place,

This is coming soon:

The United Europe was just formed Dec. 13, 2009 with the Treaty of Lisbon signed

Which will bring The New World Order soon
The Sunday Law soon
2012 Benedictine calendar proposal
Universal Sunday Law
Death Decree
and the FINAL DELIVRANCE OF GOD'S PEOPLE

You may want to check my 2 websites on the sanctuary and the current events on www.fourwindspublications.org
www.numbers1317.org
`And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions, and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit.' Joel 2: 28, 29.

He is the LORD of hosts. He chastises and He heals!
He is restoring His calendar once more. DELIVERANCE IS COMING!
MARANATHA!
With his love,
MsMs,

This is the last message to a dying world. The restoration of His worship timetable falsified by Lucifer.

Be among those who watch and pray while I go out and give this message to those who see there is no way the enemy is in the Barley Harvest Law Calendation. It is the most connected, harmonious and complete calendar ever given to us by Heavenly Father through the Millerites and it has been dormant for over 100 years.

Almost woke up in 1938, went back to sleep till 2007-8.

The 2520 days are part of the chart of 1843 that had an error on it! It is not repeated on the 1844 chart as prepared by J. Whites and associates after the disappointment. Although most people talk only about the 1843 chart, there is a 1844 chart which can be obtained and it is almost the same as 1843, but Bro. White did remove the 1335 and 2520 dates.

Our last message of MERCY AND JUDGMENT to the world in anticipation of Christ's soon return. IT IS A GOOD JUDGEMENT FOR THOSE WHO ACCEPT HIM AS THEIR SAVIOR AND BECOME BORN AGAIN THROUGH THE RENEWAL OF THEIR MIND THROUGH THE SPIRIT!

I appreciate your inquiries,

With His love,
odette
Dear MsMs,

YOU WRITE
But I cannot believe that God would allow such an awful error to be overlooked with His church and He certainly cannot expect very many people to do as you have done and make such an indepth study of all this. Especially in light of the fact we are to be giving the "last message of mercy to the world" in anticipation of Christ's soon return.

MY COMMENT:

I CERTAINLY DO!
Remember: His ways (of testing) are not our ways! History proves it! The Bible proves it! The apostles, the Millerites and the history of our Church proves it!

'We have nothing to fear about the future, lest we forget the way He has led us in the past and through His Holy Word.'
PLease read the folloowing carefully:

''The increased light that Bible study had presented to the 1888 Minneapolis General Conference confirmed the linkage between the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus in an inseparable union, a union as efficient and interdependent as two poles of a battery, in the dynamic transformation of human lives.

In the 1888 emphasis, linkage was further made between the results of a personal application of salvation by faith and the closing work of Christ in the Most Holy Place. For Ellen White, the church will languish until its members understand and experience the truth that seeing Christ in the law enables men and women to be obedient to that law.

When people see how Christ truly removes the guilt the law condemns, they will see how He truly enables men and women to become what the law describes. In so doing, such people become what John predicted would exist in the generation that proclaims the third angel’s message (Rev. 14:12). Thus, “Christ Our Righteousness” becomes that “one subject that will swallow up” all others.' Dec. 23, 1890 p. 2.

'The message was truly the righteousness of Christ which Jones & Waggoner brought in 1888 but the message was "truths" which were meant to prepare us for the full latter rain power. The truths of the law and the truths of the gospel were brought out in a powerful way'

THAT IS THE MESSAGE OF 1888: Combining the Law and and the Gospel. The law of the 10 Commandments, including the 4th!

SEEING CHRIST IS THE LAW! AND OURSELVES OVERCOMING SIN AT LAST IN HIM! BY HIM AND THROUGH HIM!

What if the Law of the 4th Commandments showes more light regarding the calendar rediscoverd in 1844?

You may never have read the book of A.T. Jones THE TWO REPUBLICS which was published in 1891 (3 YEARS AFTER 1888). It has some 800 pages all about the ROMAN calendar and the pagan feasts introduced by the Church-State Roman Empire from the time of Christianity to Church-State union being formed in the USA at the time of Jones writing the book. Fascinating reading about the changes he saw with the USA becoming more and more a Church and State republic and repudiating the American Constitution by allowing more and more of the false religious customs of the Roman power. The Two Republics he discuss are: Rome and America.

He reveals when Easter appeared in history; Christmas and its sun worship connection and all the other pagans practices that changed the calendar.

You can still get the book at ABC. It will give an idea of what transpired in 1888. The law was discussed all right and the main issue was exactly what we are discussing here today.

It must have taken years for him to prepare that book knowing the technical method they had in the 1800's era to write. It is certain he was in the midst of preparing his book in 1888 and it did transpire in the discussion of the righteousness by faith and the law: ''The increased light that Bible study had presented to the 1888 Minneapolis General Conference confirmed the linkage between the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus in an inseparable union, a union as efficient and interdependent as two poles of a battery, in the dynamic transformation of human lives.

In the 1888 emphasis, linkage was further made between the results of a personal application of salvation by faith and the closing work of Christ in the Most Holy Place.''

This is indeed the message to pass on at this time:
The faith of Jesus
The Commandments, the Statutes and the Judgments
The Most Holy Place and the 3 Angels Message which combines with the 4th Angel Message of Rev. 18.

We are told because the 3 Angels Message were not received in 1844, it will have to be repeated in the 4th Angel Message of Rev. 18.

1st Message: FEAR GOD AND GIVE GLORY TO HIM FOR THE HOUR OF JUDGMENT IS COME: the judgment of the dead first than of the living.

2nd Message: Babylon is fallen! is fallen!

3rd Message: Do not worship the beast, and his image and receive his mark in the forehead or the hand: the knowledge and the practice of her false, pagan calendar, rites and ceremonies and dogma.

4th Message Repeating the 3 Messages of Rev. 14:6-12 - with a strong emphasis on the fall of Babylon and the voice heard from heaven which is the voice of Christ from the sanctuary finishing His Work of preparation of HIS BRIDE:

'Come out of her my people, that you may not be partakers of her sins and that ye receive not the plagues.' Probation is still opened when the voice is heard from the santuary above.

Come out of her my People - Come out of Babylon and her customs and traditions: Do not receive her Mark of Authority: Easter, Christmas, Sunday, Saturnalian false Calendar.

The first plague falls when Michael stands up. Dan. 12:1. EW 36.
Probation is still open! Christ is still in the MHP finishing the work of FINAL INTERCESSION FINAL ATONEMENT! It is a GOOD JUDGMENT we have an ADVOCATEE pleading our cause. Soon He will be the JUDGE.

Now is the time to confess all sins, forsake them, amend our ways so He can remove the scars, blots, records, sin has left in the Book of Records in the sanctuary above and in the sanctuary of our mind.

The Moral Law of the 10 Commandments, the Statutes and the Judgments, is the Standard used in the Investigative Judgment. The same standard used in the OLD and NEW COVENANT ratified by the blood of animals in the OLD and the blood of our dear Savior in the NEW.

The reflection of His character: His Robe of Righteousness = perfect obedience to His law, is what we need more than ever at this time. Let us aim higher than the wise virgins that accompanied the Bridegroom: they as well as the foolish slumbered and slept.

Let us aim to be THE BRIDE: THE 144000.

By the way you may want to study what is the Early and the Latter rain according to the Word see the study on THE EARLY AND THE LATTER RAIN, in my website www.numbers1317.org
Go Table of Contents, go Appendix

Thus saith the LORD:

'Give hear O ye heavens, and I will speak and hear O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb and the showers upon the grass.`` Deut. 32:1, 2.

''Ask ye of the Lord rain in the time of the latter rain; so the LORD shall make bright clouds and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field''
Zec. 10:1.

''The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; because the spirit of the Lord blowerh upon it; surely the people is grass.`' Isa. 40:7

'Thus saith the LORD, walk ye in the way and see, and ask for the Old Path, where is the good way and walk therein and ye shall find rest for your soul...

And ye shall find REST for your soul... Thus says the LORD.

With His love,
odette
Well, how interesting. I will have to make time to sift through all of this.
Dear Melinda,

Surely hope you do. Please check also the post on the Brain Nerves I, II, III, IV
Daniel 12 Literal Application
The Meaning of the Daily in the book of Daniel

May the Lord bless you and guide you.

With His love, odette
Odette,

I am reposting this here since my reply might have been lost in the thread:

My question is, who are we then, to make them equal, when God clearly intended them not to be?

The quotes you used here do not give an answer to the above question. There is no question that what Moses wrote were additional laws that God gave, however, He gave them with a clear distinction between them and His Eternal Law. So I ask again, who are we as humans to make the 10 Commandments and the Mosaic law stand on equal ground when God clearly made a distinction between them?

"There are many who try to blend these two systems, using the texts that speak of the ceremonial law to prove that the moral law has been abolished; but this is a perversion of the Scriptures. The distinction between the two systems is broad and clear. The ceremonial system was made up of symbols pointing to Christ, to His sacrifice and His priesthood. This ritual law, with its sacrifices and ordinances, was to be performed by the Hebrews until type met antitype in the death of Christ, the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world. Then all the sacrificial offerings were to cease. It is this law that Christ "took . . . out of the way, nailing it to His cross." Colossians 2:14. But concerning the law of Ten Commandments the psalmist declares, "Forever, O Lord, Thy word is settled in heaven." Psalm 119:89. And Christ Himself says, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law. . . . Verily I say unto you"--making the assertion as emphatic as possible--"Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Matthew 5:17, 18. Here He teaches, not merely what the claims of God's law had been, and were then, but that these claims should hold as long as the heavens and the earth remain. The law of God is as immutable as His throne. It will maintain its claims upon mankind in all ages." Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 365.

This quote is taken from Patriarchs and Prophets chapter 32. You are using this quote to try to prove that only the sacrifices were nailed to the cross, but if you actually read what it says crystal clear that the ritual law (feast days) was to be observed along with their sacrifices, which they could not be observed without. If you read the WHOLE chapter, it is very clear that the feast days were done away with. Not only that, but it is very clear what the old and new covenants are. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR EVERYBODY HERE TO PRAYERFULLY READ PATRIARCHS AND PROPHETS CH. 32 BEFORE PROCEEDING ON THIS THREAD AND YOU WILL SEE THAT SCRIPTURE AND SOP ARE VERY CLEAR ABOUT THIS SUBJECT. It is very easy for people to take quotes from here and there to try to substantiate their theologies, but we must not take anything without understanding the context.

You said:
“First of all, although the prophet uses the word ``ceremonial`` that term is never found anywhere in the Bible.”

It’s interesting to see that when “the prophet” does not agree with your beliefs, you try to discredit her.

You said:
“sacrifices and offerings were also offered on the Seventh-day weekly Sabbath.”

Making the Sabbath equal to the feast days is another attack on the Sabbath. The Sabbath IS NOT a feast day, and the feast day Sabbaths are NOT equal to the Sabbath. The Sabbath is the heart of the Decalogue, God’s Eternal Law.

Concerning your comment about Paul keeping the feast days, read “Sketches in the life of Paul” Ch. 6 “Jew and Gentile” and you will understand the stand the church council took concerning keeping the feast days. This is sister White’s comment on Acts 15 (which by the way is abundantly clear on its own!) The Holy Spirit directly guided the council to “not burden” the Gentile believers with keeping them. Jesus kept the feast days rather regularly (He did not make it an important issue to attend John 7:8) Of course He hadn’t died yet, and the feasts pointed to His Sacrifice.

Since the True Sacrifice was given and the shadows were fulfilled, allowing us to enter the antitypical phases of the Plan of Redemption, there is NO need to actually keep them. Now, according to the Church Council that met in Paul’s day, if someone felt the need to keep them then they were not barred from doing so, however, it was not to be taught as necessary for salvation. Acts 15 is very clear on that. If Paul felt the need to take advantage of the fact that people from all over the world would be in one place during the feast days so that he could preach the Gospel, then by all means he would- and that’s exactly what he did! “ Acts 20:22-24.

I forgot to add this in last night: When sister White stated that it would be good to keep a "feast of tabernacles" she was not endorsing feast day keeping since she never kept the feasts. She was making a reference to the campmeetings which were never held during the actual feast time. She made a reference to tabernacles because she probably saw a parallelism with the tents at campmeeting. If you read her biography she never attended or held a "feast of tabernacles" during the actual feast-

Lastly, Hebrews 4:14-16 is very clear that we are to approach the throne of God boldly because Jesus is the REAL high priest and we don’t have to depend on keeping the feast days to do so. There are those religions that depend on an earthly priest to approach God, and this is the same issue with the feast days.
Odette,

Interesting to see the first time I asked you point blank why you would make both laws equal when God clearly made a distinction between them, you danced around the issue with quotes that didn't answer why you would. So you are now choosing to ignore me hoping this question will go away, but sorry, it is something you must answer and I know you can't at least not using Scripture or SOP.

For all readers on this thread, this is a VERY IMPORTANT point to understand. The first thing that is done is to make the Mosaic law and the Decalogue EQUAL when they are NOT! This is the first Biblical ERROR that is espoused. As you can see this question WILL NOT be answered, because this important basis for feast day keeping is NOT BIBLICAL.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service