this is real exciting

God can do anything !

i have tons of sermons and books of SDA gays

and met here n there

some exgay- some not

im sure some of my fav people will share their testimonies

God works miracles

but it doesnt always look what we think it should

many gay people who haven't found the 'cure' of homosexuality in their Sacred Walk

will have two choices

still follow HIM

or Not!

Can u still embrace them?

London church holding conference to ‘cure’ homosexuality

The Seventh-day Adventist Church is hosting 'ex-gay' activists The Seventh-day Adventist Church is hosting 'ex-gay' activists

A church in London is to host a number of ‘ex-gay’ activists who have attempted to ‘cure’ people of homosexuality.

The Seventh-day Adventist Church – is planning to host a 5-day ‘Holy Sexuality Conference’ later this month, at which a number of people who have purportedly ‘healed’ their sexuality will speak.

A listing for the event claims: “Those who attend the conference will be able to hear the powerful stories and journeys of individuals who have gained victory and healing from same-sex attraction and are now faithful Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

“This conference will be invaluable for those who are struggling with their sexuality or for those who wish to find out more about issues surrounding sexuality and same sex attraction to reach out to others.”

....................................................................................................................................................................

i hope the conference will bring out many factors that helps becoming whole for Everyone! To take on this massive undertaking Thru The HOLY SPIRIT must be this...

:)

1. Can LGBTQIAA be out and loved in The Body of Christ?

2. Is  the Church  safe and transparent among their own?

3.Will heterosexuals be willing to be up close and personal with their struggles- particularly about their own broken sexuality?

4. Are its own members healing with forgiveness and grace from the Body (u and me) and Jesus Christ?

5.Do they reflect JESUS's open door policy of Come As You Are and with the Spirit of self Sacrifice (ego,fear,ignorance,paranoia)and be an accepting friend to them  ?

6.Will they be there when u fall( Seven times Seventy) ? .. love on you just as much with no judgement/no condemnation nor comparison(just like from God) ?

7.If gays don't turn  straight (according to the peoples expectations or timing) -will they still be able to be part of the Body of Christ just like Heteros who haven't  reached Total Sanctification yet also?

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanku for the update

i saddens me

i was so excited

i wanted utube clips or CD's of all the speakers

my heart rejoices when i hear my tribe share

where ever they are that on their journey or understandings

it dont have to be like my journey

and visa versa

i understand the outrage that could have shut it down

the church kicked me in the teeth  too man times about this too

(and kicked and slapped and bashed)

God says FORGIVENESS must flourish with great flourish

on both sides

would love to hear the ministers testimony sometime JohnB

#much of the LGBTQIAA dont trust our church.. just look at the few AO posts for a start

.................................people watch Christians and see if they are safe

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/brave-response-to-i-m-c...

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/hey-i-know-let-s-ask-th...

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/lookin-gay-and-watching...

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/it-s-about-time-heavens...

http://www.adventistonline.com/forum/topics/why-on-earth-would-you-...

Ex-gay Speaker Michael Carducci Disinvited From North England Conference Camp Meeting

The North England Conference of Seventh-day Adventists has withdrawn its invitation of Michael Carducci, the founder of EXCEED Ministry, and a self-described former homosexual man, to the "Strong Families, Strong Churches" camp meeting.

Carducci had been slated to headline the "Holy Sexuality Conference," scheduled for April 21-25 in the South England Conference, and up until April 16, was listed as a speaker for the Youth program at the North England Conference camp meeting. Carducci was also disinvited from the "Holy Sexuality Conference" and the event was canceled.

North England Conference's camp meeting will continue, but without Michael Carducci in attendance.

"Coming Out Ministries," a small group of Adventist speakers who profess being cured of their homosexuality, stirred up significant controversy when the "Holy Sexuality Conference" became widely publicized. More than 40,000 people signed a Change.org petition seeking to bar the speakers from entering the UK. The petition included a statement from British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, who said, 

If anything needs curing, it is the outdated belief that being gay is wrong or something to be ashamed of. Sexuality is not an illness but an inherent part of who you are."

A spokesperson for the South England Conference told Spectrum that the "Holy Sexuality" event was not caceled in response to the widespread protest (though when it came to light, it didn't help matters), but because,

Seventh-day Adventists are a people of peace who believe in hope and dialogue. However, it appeared that rather than drawing people together the conference had the potential to divide. The Adventist Church recognises that the individuals invited to speak at the Holy Sexuality Conference have compelling life stories to share but equally appreciate that there are those who take a different point of view.

Within a few days of the sexuality conference's cancellation, Carducci's name and profile disappeared from the North England Conference camp meeting web page. The event will take place at the Butlins Holiday Park in Skegness, Lincolnshire. So far, a replacement Youth speaker has not been named for the event.

Michael Carducci did not respond to requests for comment on this story.

i saw him not that long ago on CELEBRATE RECOVERY with Cherie Peters on 3ABN

and a dear friend sent me his testimony and ministry material in the mail a few years ago

i like this guy  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by