Adventist Online

The Seven Last Plagues...

Daniel 12:1-2 King James Version (KJV) 1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

The plagues fall AFTER the close of probation. Dan. 12:1-2; (EW 36)

Revelation 16:1-16 King James Version (KJV)

1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. 2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image. 3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea. 4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments. 8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. 10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, 11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. 12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty 15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. 16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Plagues 1 to 4 are NOT universal. Rev. 16:1-11, These Plagues are not universal." (GC 628) Plagues 5 is on the seat of the beast and the 6th plague you see the gathering of the" kings of the earth and of the WHOLE world" to the battle of Armageddon is universal.

Revelation 16:14,16. Revelation 16:17-21 King James Version (KJV)

17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done. 18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great. 19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath. 20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. 21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

The 7th plague - A great earthquake, "the cities of the nation fell", "every island fled away, and the mountains were not found"- is universal. Verses 17-21; (GC 637) We see the plagues are CUMULATIVE. Rev. 16:11. The "sores" of the first plague still continue when the 5th plague falls. SOP tells us that the plagues are SUCCESSIVE. "Trumpet after trumpet is to be sounded, vial after vial poured one after another upon the inhabitants of the earth. (7BC 982) The plagues fall in a brief, indeterminate period of time. (7BC 857)

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a good study from LightChannelTV, I've never seen anyone lay out the Seven Last Plagues with such clarity and precision.

https://www.lightchanneltv.de/mediathek/TBS19Q1/11

Here is Doug Batchelor on the Seven Last Plagues...

"Some people think that these seven plagues are things that have happened over the course of history. No, it's telling us that when you get to the fifth plague, they're still experiencing the boils from the first plague. And so this is something that's happening in short order. "'Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and the water was dried up, so the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth, and the whole world to gather them to the battle, that great day of God Almighty. 'Behold, I'm coming as a thief.'" If you got a red letter Bible, how many have a red letter Bible? You'll notice the only red letters that appear for several chapters is this verse, where Jesus speaks. And after the six plague, He's making an announcement, "'Behold, I'm coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, less they walk naked, and see a shame.' And they gather them together to a place in the Hebrew, tongue called, Armageddon. And then the seventh angel poured his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple in heaven from the throne saying, 'It is done.' And there were noises, and thunderings, and lightnings. And there was a great earthquake, such a mighty earthquake, and great as not had occurred since men were on the earth. Now, the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And a great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent." We had some hail here in Northern California this last week. "And men blasphemed God because of the plague of hail, since the plague was exceedingly great.....

What are the seven last plagues called in the Bible? It says, having the seven last plagues for in them, it's filled up the what? The wrath of God. Now, we don't like to think about the wrath of God. But the Bible tells us that it is something God is long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but ultimately His wrath does happen. You can read for instance, when Jesus was on His way to the cross, He spoke to the woman along the way, and he said, "Woe, to those who are pregnant and those who are nursing babies in those days!" Speaking of the destruction of Jerusalem, "For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people."

You remember when Jesus was on the Mount of Olives, He wept over Jerusalem. And He pronounced the judgment. He said, "There would not be one stone left upon another. The day is coming when you'd be surrounded by armies." And he said that on this generation, and this is Matthew 23:35, "That on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the righteous blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, who you murdered between the temple and the altar. Assuredly, I say, all these things will come on this generation."

Now, the reason I'm reading that, is because there's a teaching in the Bible, it's helpful for us to know that wrath like bank interest can be compounded. Because we have good days, doesn't mean the judgment isn't coming for the bad things we may be doing. God has a record, and there's a day of reckoning for that record. And like He told the Jews back in Jerusalem, He said, on this generation, all the blood that has been compounding for the prophets that were slain is going to be visited. And the Bible tells us in Ecclesiastes, because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the hearts of the sons of men are fully set in them to do evil, meaning, because every time you sin, you don't get electrocuted by God. We think, "Oh, I guess I got over. I got by with that one. Nothing's gonna happen." God said, "No, I made a note." And there, you're building up wrath. That's why we need mercy, right?

But if our sins are not under the blood, everything that we have done, Jesus said, even to the idle words that we speak, we will give an account thereof and there is a day of punishment. It's not just the penalty of death, there is punishment and death. And so the seven last plagues are the pent-up punishment on a rebellious planet. It's like, finally, the Bible talks about the whole creation, groans and travails. I'll get to that in a minute. Let me read you one more verse, and we'll get back to the slides. Romans 2:5, talking about wrath, isn't that exciting? Romans 2:5, "But in accordance with the hardness of your impenitent heart, you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and the revelation of the righteous judgment of God." Paul is saying that people who live in continual known sin are treasuring up a day of judgment.

And so this principle can be seen? Yeah, you read in Psalm 78:49, "He casts on them the fierceness of His anger, wrath, indignation, and trouble, by sending His angels of destruction among them." Talking about what happened to Egypt during those ten plagues. So He sent His angels of destruction. So when you get to Revelation, it talks about these angels of wrath, I've been saying all along, everything in Revelation can be found somewhere in the Old Testament. Now, do we find a nation going through a series of plagues in the Old Testament? Where plague came after plague in quick succession? What nation was it?

Egypt. What happened at the end of those plagues? God's people were freed. What happens at the end of the seven plagues? Jesus comes and we are liberated. So the plagues come before it gets? Someone said, we're flying, takeoff is optional, landing is mandatory. In life, sinning is optional, judgment is mandatory. And there is a day, when the whole creation is gonna basically face what's happened with Egypt. Severe judgments came on Egypt. How many plagues on Egypt?

Ten. How many plagues in the last days?

Seven.

Why is there a difference? Here's the good news. The children of Israel actually suffered with the Egyptians for the first three plagues. It wasn't until you got to the last seven plagues, they were protected. Are we protected during the last seven plagues? Yes....
Now I know, we've all been shaken by a statement that says, there will be a period of time near the end where we will stand in the sight of a Holy God without a mediator. Because the temple is close, Michael has stood up. What happens in Daniel Chapter 12 when Michael stands up? There'll be a time of trouble, such as there never has been ever since there was a nation, even under the same time, and people are thinking, "You mean, I'll actually have to live holy without a mediator? How is that possible? Nobody can do that." That's not true. What about Enoch? Did Enoch walked with God? And did God take him to heaven? So did he live a life that where God felt good? Take him to heaven, directly from earth without passing go. What about Elijah? Now you say, I can never make it. But the Bible says, Elijah was a man, subject to alike passions as you and I. Did Elijah get discouraged? Yeah.

He prayed, he might die under a broom bush, out in the desert. And Elijah even practice a little bit of sarcasm, mocking the prophets of Baal. And you wonder, if he was supposed to do that. Elijah was a human, the Bible says that, that's what James tells us. But he walked with God. So he was sanctified and God took him to heaven in a fiery chariot. So can God have people that are prepared for translation? Yes, of course, and don't let folk say, it's impossible. We constantly must have a mediator. Christ is going to seal His people and with the Holy Spirit, and we will be living in a consistent state of faith. We need to be praying that God will help us practice that now. "I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, 'Go and pour out the bowls of the wrath or the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.'"

So something is happened before the seven last plagues are poured out. So you've got the world-wide preaching of the gospel. All humanity makes a final eternal choice either for or against Christ. And the mark of the beast, that whole issue really forces things. People are gonna have to decide, "Am I going to worship God? Make that supreme in my life and have the seal of God, or am I going to compromise for convenience." You know, can't buy or sell if you don't have the mark of the beast, and then as a result of that, you get the mark of the beast. So something that's going to happen in the world that is going to shake things. And in that shaking, everybody is polarized into one or two groups. And so that's happening during the preaching.

The mark of the beast is enforced in a final conflict over worship. God's loyal people lovingly obey Him. The seven last plagues are poured out. And then Christ comes to deliver His people.... '" https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/media/e/21064/t/the-seve...

Here he is youtube..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFsuq-C8Q7Q

And on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=359155644937891&ref=watc...

Here is Walter Veith on the Seven Last Plagues...

"In Revelation, John describes the seven last plagues that will fall at the end of the world?s probation. This close of probation, just like in Egypt, will come after the mark of the Beast is enforced, depriving God?s people of their freedom to worship Him according to the dictates of their conscience. In the end times, the Sabbath will once again be the issue.

I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God (Revelation 15:1).

In Revelation, John sees the heavenly temple fill with smoke. The heavenly temple service ends and probation is closed: ?And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled? (Revelation 15:8). ...

Once these plagues start falling, there will be those who will attempt to explain away each of these plagues as a coincidence or as a natural occurrence. But the wise will understand where the plagues are coming from. ".....

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-deception_Second-Coming_seven_plagues

I studied the plagues all night without sleep they don't interest me in receiving them ever.

Hello Brother Andrew I do not think we need to worry too much about the Plagues. When the Plagues do fall the people who belong to God have their seal and the people who are lost have the mark of the beast. Another way to put it is that the 7 Plagues will only fall after the probation is finished, those who have chosen God will remain with God because they have the mark of God. Those who are lost have the mark of the beast and that is set in stone and can not be changed. 

As we read Revelation Ch. 18 we see even at this stage people can come out of Babylon and not get the Mark of the Beast. These are my thought on this subject. 

Pastor Doug puts it like this: Severe judgments came on Egypt. How many plagues in Egypt? Ten. How many plagues in the last days? Seven.

Why is there a difference? Here's the good news. The children of Israel actually suffered with the Egyptians for the first three plagues. It wasn't until you got to the last seven plagues, they were protected. Are we protected during the last seven plagues? Yes....(Because we have the seal of God.) ...

So something has happened before the seven last plagues are poured out. So you've got the world-wide preaching of the gospel. All humanity makes a final eternal choice either for or against Christ. And the mark of the beast, that whole issue really forces things. People are gonna have to decide, "Am I going to worship God? Make that supreme in my life and have the seal of God, or am I going to compromise for convenience." You know, can't buy or sell if you don't have the mark of the beast, and then as a result of that, you get the mark of the beast. So something that's going to happen in the world that is going to shake things. And in that shaking, everybody is polarized into one or two groups. And so that's happening during the preaching.

What we need to do simply is Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. 

I did that when I was 14 yrs old.

I am not worried.

Jesus saves and He truly does.

Its the little time of trouble we have to watch for as its happening,,

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by