Adventist Online

What do you think? Maybe to you, as with the vast majority of SDA's, the question was answered long ago - it's heresy. The very name "Shepherd's Rod" sparks, aggregate fear and trepidation. Church members are told unequivocally to avoid studying Shepherd's Rod literature or attending Rod Bible studies are infectious.
When not verbally insulted, abused, there are times when adherents are literally beaten, or physically out as outcasts. This may seem incredible, but it's true. Perhaps you have seen it. But have you ever wondered why it is so vehemently opposed? How about you? Why are you so convinced that the Shepherd's Rod message is spurious?

Views: 7866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is good info. I find it interesting that he said that if one thing he reveals is Truth that we must accept all as Truth where Ellen White says if you find one error in her writings to throw it all out.

Satan's way is not God's way and these poor deluded souls are not the strong as they claim, they are the weak.

That's ridiculous. Every error that contains any degree of content, has some truth in it. That one error alone disqualifies him.

I have to agree with you

So if I am able to show a clear error, and maybe two in the Desire Of Ages, will that also "disqualify", or will we calmly rethink our position in regard to "prophets"?

I had to.

Take Care

Walt

I was shown the company present at the Conference. Said the angel: "Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus."-1T 131, 132

Some would consider this an error in EGW's writings. Clearly all present at the meeting in the above quote are all dead.

How about this:  

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. Daniel 12:1. {Mar 265.1}

When the third angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain," "the . . . refreshing . . . from the presence of the Lord," and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the seal of the living God." Then Jesus ceases His intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts His hands and with a loud voice says, "It is done." . . .

Above EGW, whom I believe in, appears to place the "time of trouble such as never was" after probation closes. 

If this is true, then please tell me what to do with the quote below found in 8T p. 50

Help in Time of Trouble

When the children of Israel were journeying through the wilderness, the Lord protected them from venomous serpents; but the time came when, because of Israel's transgression, impenitence, and stubbornness, the Lord removed His restraining power from these reptiles, and many of the people were bitten and died. Then it was that the brazen serpent was uplifted, that all who repented and looked to it in faith might live. {8T 50.2}
In the time of confusion and trouble before us, a time of trouble such as has not been since there was a nation, the uplifted Saviour will be presented to the people in all lands, that all who look to Him in faith may live. {8T 50.3}

How would you explain these discrepancy's. Do we throw her writings out?

Hi Julie

One thing is for certain in all.  The truth, whatever it be, or wherever it be found, is hardly ascertained by the attitude which leads to picking a piece here and a piece there, with the sole intent of proving a matter wrong.

That is not the honest investigation that God intends for us to do.  There is so much information, and with much subtle nuance (Bible and Ellen`s record included), that the reasonable mind will know to walk humble, asking the God of heaven for guidance every step of the way.

Many items written, are misunderstood as to the intent of the author. Some of Paul`s writings are taught exactly opposite of the true meaning, and it does not stop there.

None are experts.

Take Care

Walt

Julie, could you supply us with the quote about "one error in her writings to throw it all out." don't know that I have read that one.

I was shown the company present at the Conference. Said the angel: "Some food for worms, some subjects of the seven last plagues, some will be alive and remain upon the earth to be translated at the coming of Jesus."-1T 131, 132

Some would consider this an error in EGW's writings. Clearly all present at the meeting in the above quote are all dead.

How about this:  

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. Daniel 12:1. {Mar 265.1}

When the third angel's message closes, mercy no longer pleads for the guilty inhabitants of the earth. The people of God have accomplished their work. They have received "the latter rain," "the . . . refreshing . . . from the presence of the Lord," and they are prepared for the trying hour before them. Angels are hastening to and fro in heaven. An angel returning from the earth announces that his work is done; the final test has been brought upon the world, and all who have proved themselves loyal to the divine precepts have received "the seal of the living God." Then Jesus ceases His intercession in the sanctuary above. He lifts His hands and with a loud voice says, "It is done." . . .

Above EGW, whom I believe in, appears to place the "time of trouble such as never was"after probation closes. 

If this is true, then please tell me what to do with the quote below found in 8T p. 50

Help in Time of Trouble

When the children of Israel were journeying through the wilderness, the Lord protected them from venomous serpents; but the time came when, because of Israel's transgression, impenitence, and stubbornness, the Lord removed His restraining power from these reptiles, and many of the people were bitten and died. Then it was that the brazen serpent was uplifted, that all who repented and looked to it in faith might live. {8T 50.2} 
In the time of confusion and trouble before us, a time of trouble such as has not been since there was a nationthe uplifted Saviour will be presented to the people in all lands, that all who look to Him in faith may live. {8T 50.3}

How would you explain these discrepancy's. Do we throw her writings out?

Hi all,

Just started reading some of these messages.  Laodiceanism is alive and well, we can all agree?  My question is this:  What "new understanding" has the Church brought forth in the last 130 years or so; since 1888?  I watch 3 ABN; the Hope(less) channel; Amazing Facts (came in through Joe) and any number of the preachers in the church today.  All are using sermons that James White could have and did preach in the 1850's.  Aren't we promised ever increasing Light and Understanding throughout even Eternity?   This is not  even speaking to the private interpretations going though the Church like a whirl wind.  I now even see just as good of studies on the beasts of Dan. and even basic old Test. Sanctuary teachings on TBN!  That's how "old news" these doctrines have become.

Let us hear from any of you a "new" understanding from the Scriptures that has a "thus saith the Lord" from Sister White. Present Truth is what we need now.  

No less than 17 times in 5T alone, the SOP likens the SDA Church to the Jews in Christ's day.  Doesn't that scare anybody?  They killed Christ, for Heaven's sake.

Ben

What happened to max burns?

Hi Rush

Max wanted me too pass this along.

"Max Burns
To Me

Jan 29 at 7:50 PM

You have been suspended from Adventist Online
Sorry, max burns, you can not access Adventist Online as you have been suspended. If you think you've been suspended in error, you can contact the administrator.
Click here to delete your content from Adventist Online.
Message to the Administrator

Ps I do have the option to contact the admin.. maybe I try later.. ty max"

Walt

It is about time!

God bless Adventist Online. Amen!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members: