Adventist Online

The true explanation about marriage from Christian and Moslem Perspective?

Al Quran Surah  4 - an-Nisa verse 3 says : "And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of (other) women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then (marry only) one or those your right hands possess (i.e., slaves). That is more suitable that you may not incline (to injustice).  

Let us take a look to King Salomon's marriage life. How should you explain to those Moslems about the true Christian marriage when it crosses to King Salomon?. 

Views: 159

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He disobeyed God and if he did not repent towards the end of his life he would be lost. 

Election and Duties of Kings

…16"Moreover, he shall not multiply horses for himself, nor shall he cause the people to return to Egypt to multiply horses, since the LORD has said to you, 'You shall never again return that way.' 17"He shall not multiply wives for himself, or else his heart will turn away; nor shall he greatly increase silver and gold for himself. 18"Now it shall come about when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, he shall write for himself a copy of this law on a scroll in the presence of the Levitical priests.… Deuteronomy 17:16-18

Solomon disobeyed both injunctions 

1. Also Solomon's import of horses was from Egypt and Kue, and the king's merchants procured them from Kue for a price.1 Kings 10:28

This was a sin 

2. King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides Pharaoh's daughter--Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites. from the nations concerning which the LORD had said to the sons of Israel, "You shall not associate with them, nor shall they associate with you, for they will surely turn your heart away after their gods." Solomon held fast to these in love.… 1 Kings 11:1-3

Another big sin. He only true wife was Pharaoh's daughter.  

When he was old the women turned his heart away from the Lord. 

4 For it was so, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the Lord his God, as was the heart of his father David. For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. Solomon did evil in the sight of the Lord, and did not fully follow the Lord, as did his father David. Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, on the hill that is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the abomination of the people of Ammon. And he did likewise for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

So the Lord became angry with Solomon, because his heart had turned from the Lord God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice, 10 and had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods; but he did not keep what the Lord had commanded. 11 Therefore the Lord said to Solomon, “Because you have done this, and have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away from you and give it to your servant.  1 King 11 

The bible is clear about marriage- one man to one woman ....." and said, 'FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH '?" Matthew 19:5

How many is two?

How do you mean by "How many is two?. 

Many Moslem debated about King Solomon as an example of Christian Marriage?. 

He is not the example.

The text said the two shall be one. Two is two. A Christian in the old testament must have one wife. It was permitted in the old because of sin just as divorce was permitted...

Thank you so much Jason for your contribution.

And remember for one to qualify as  an elder in the new testament church, one of the requirements was that he had to have one wife, not two, or one with a GF ...

There were not any Christians in the Old Testament, they were called Hebrews. The term Christian was coined by unbelievers in Antioch regarding the believers in the Book of Acts, who were first Jews and then the Gentiles came into the church also. When a person who is Jewish or a Gentile becomes a believer in Jesus Christ, he is no longer a Jew or Gentile (whichever the case may be) but is "of the church of God," a member of the body of Christ.

what is or who is a christian? Being called a christian at a particular time does not change the fact that people were always Christian from Adam down.... 

The Quran is based on man's lust, it has no inspiration what so ever, bar what remains from the Bible where some passages are quoted. 

I am even surprised that you would even make a comparison. Women are forced into slavery and servitude to their Husband. How does that even compare to Christian values? 

My brother Elijah, to those Moslems, Al Quran is the last book from Allah. It's nothing wrong to read Quran to understand about it, not to believe on it. Quran has a very beautiful teaching and I respect Moslem believers as in my country We are different in religions, ethnic groups or tribes, and social status but we are united. 

Thanks for your reply Dior, the Quran may have some nice teachings, so has the book of Mormon, but I put to you that those works are inspired by Satan, not by God. You will find passages in the Quran that tells Muslims to kill Christians. Would you think God would condone such a thing? Satan hates Christ and will go to any length to kill his followers. Just consider this verse.

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND NOW AGAIN, I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE "ANTI-CHRIST" WERE A MUSLIM, THE EXTREMIST AMONG THEM CERTAINLY ACT IT NOW.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service