Adventist Online

In all of our Christian experience we have left little loopholes along here and there for sin. We have never dared to come to that place where we would believe that the Christian life should be a sinless life. We have not dared to believe it or preach it. But in that case we cannot preach the law of God fully. Why not? Because we do not understand the power of justification by faith (E. J. Waggoner, General Conference Bulletin, 1891, pp. 156, 159).

Christ is to be in us, just as God was in Him, and His character is to be in us, just as God was in Him. . . It is the cooperation of the divine and the human—the mystery of God in you and me—. . . that is the third angel’s message (A.T. Jones, General Conference Bulletin, 1893, p. 207).

In Jesus Christ as He was in sinful flesh, God has demonstrated before the universe that He can so take possession of sinful flesh as to manifest His own presence, His power, and His glory, instead of sin manifesting itself. . . Then God will so take us, and so use us, that our sinful selves shall not appear to influence or affect anybody; but God will manifest His righteous self, His glory, before men, in spite of all ourselves and our sinfulness. . . And that is the mystery of God, ‘Christ in you, the hope of glory,’—God manifest in sinful flesh (A.T. Jones, General Conference Bulletin, 1895, p. 303).

The Saviour took upon Himself the infirmities of humanity and LIVED A SINLESS LIFE, that men might have no fear that because of the weakness of human nature they could not overcome. Christ came to make us "partakers of the divine nature," and His life declares that HUMANITY, COMBINED WITH DIVINITY, DOES NOT COMMIT SIN. —THE MINISTRY OF HEALING, P. 180.

Perfection, perfection of character, is the Christian goal—perfection attained in human flesh in this world. Christ attained it in human flesh in this world, and thus made and consecrated a way by which, in Him, every believer can attain it
(A.T. Jones, The Consecrated Way to Christian Perfection, p. 84).

But before probation ends, there will be a people so complete in Him that in spite of their sinful flesh, they will live sinless lives. They will live sinless lives in mortal flesh, because He who has demonstrated that He has power over all flesh lives in them—lived a sinless life in sinful flesh (E.J. Waggoner, General Conference Bulletin, 1901, p. 146).

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sister Ladyeve,

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Many thanks

Meta

Yes, very good, Ladyeve.

Jones and Waggoner were once vessels of honor, and through them were given showers of Latter Rain.

We have nothing to fear for the future, except that we forget the way the Lord has led and taught in the past.

If we forget the work of these two men, then yes, I believe we have reason to fear.

The "1888" showers passed away, and both men finally fell away from God, but, as Ellen White says, "precious light" came through those two workers. The quotes you've posted here are part of that "precious light".

So true amen

So as Dr. Phil would say, "How's that working out for you?"

Thank you Pastor T.

Just as you say, Jesus spoke of perfection in the context of loving our enemies and doing good to those that hate us, etc.

Jesus calls us to love our enemies, etc. "even as the Father" loves His enemies.

What a high calling this is! and much highter than we tend to imagine, I believe.

A note on the word "perfect" as used in Matthew 5:48.

The word is Strongs #5046. In Hebrews 5:14 it is translated "full age", in 1Corinthians 14:20 it is translated "men" [i.e. in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.] So "perfection" here refers to a state of maturity.

In terms of loving our enemies etc., Jesus calls us to that same kind of maturity (perfection) that the Father has.

So how mature is it possible for a Christian to be?

We are called to the "full stature" [the full maturity] of the man Jesus Christ. (Eph 4:13)

This is great i tell you.... Thank you my sister...Ladyeve.. 

Happy Sabbath.

We are told that righteousness is" right doing." Perfect obedience is not just an emotional feeling toward others but a way of life that manifests itself through activity. 

So, how does it begin?  What is it's genesis?

Conversion

And how does that happen?  Who does the converting?

It happens when we obey the prompting of the Holy Spirit and surrender our hearts and lives to Christ. Christ does the converting but not without our consent and not with our choosing to walking in the light.

Ah, now we have the heart of it. 

Philippians 4:13, " I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Ephesians 2:4-10, "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service