Adventist Online

Have you ever wondered why you have lived most of your life miserable before you become a Christian? Do you wonder why thousands of people in this world are so unhappy with themselves despite having enough material possessions. Have you wondered why so many Australians and Americans are miserable despite having enough. Its because many in this world have not learned that true happiness comes only by giving.. God will bless you abundantly the more you give. Its amazing how the law of giving works..

The great news is that God can work to transform our old selfish nature, so that we may be more giving and less selfish.

Most of our world believes True happiness comes from getting and not giving..

Its sad bad true.

Acts 20:35
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'

Views: 377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Couldn't agree with you more, sister Tanya. True happiness is found in giving.

“Since you get more joy out of giving to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” — Eleanor Roosevelt

Most people are aware of the physical laws of our universe including vibration. You get what you put out!

I want to challenge you today. Make your entire focus about exuding the energy that you want to attract into your life.

If you want laughter and happiness, CREATE IT through your actions. If you want compassion, go out and be compassionate to the people around you. If you want to be understood, be understanding of other people. Look at their lives and put yourself in their shoes.

Give away what you want today and pay very close attention as to how this attitude acts like a mirror.

You will be amazed at the results you begin to produce.

Someone share this with me:

I wrote on happiness yesterday see what i have here today in my devotional:

"True Happiness

Years ago I had no idea how strongly God felt about giving to others. Before that, I lived a selfish, me-first life. I struggled and strived constantly to find happiness for myself, but I always found myself worn-down, stressed-out, and definitely unhappy.

However, God taught me a thing or two about true happiness. Once I figured out that happiness is a by-product of doing something good for other people, I began to adopt a lifestyle where I intentionally look for ways to help people, every day.

The Bible says in Acts 20:35, In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive' (NIV).

That's amazing. Giving brings more happiness than receiving? On the surface, that doesn't make much sense. We live in a world and a culture that's obsessed with receiving. So many times, we look at people who have a lot of stuff and think, 'They must be truly happy.'

But true happiness comes from a lifestyle of giving to others. Now, that doesn't mean you have to give away millions. All God asks is that you give what you have.

I don't ever want to be the kind of person who just says, "Well, I'm doing enough. I'm satisfied." In reality, that will never bring satisfaction. No, I want to help as many people as I possibly can.

Today, find someone you can give to. No matter how big or small your gift, whether it's money, time, or encouragement, just give what you have. Experience the true happiness that comes from giving.

Prayer Starter: God, I know that true happiness comes from giving, not receiving. I want to live the life of true happiness that comes from forgetting about my selfish desires and seeking to give to those around me."

thats so true Sabrina. I am finding in my own experience I am happiest when I can help somebody else who is down and struggling..You dont have to gave away millions to people..Sometimes its just a little bit of encouragement and kind words that can make a big difference..

You will be amazed how God blesses you when you start to encourage others instead of focusing on your own pain and self..

Most of us begin our lives from childhood on focusing on our self and own pain.

But God can change everything.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by