Adventist Online

If jewelrey, make up, and indecent dress is against the teachins of Ellen White, does the same go for coloring your hair? I don't mean extreme colors of course, just natural colors? I understand that it can be harsh on your hair and cause damage, but what about the people like me who have issues keeping their natural hair color? is it wrong to dye it?

Is there any scriptual evidence to oppose dying it?

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's commanded to pierce your slave's ear with a gold ring if he doesn't want to leave your household after you offer his freedom. God speaks of israel as his bride, saying "i have set a ruby in your nose"
sounds like piercings are ok.
leviticus speaks of not cutting yourself (or your hair) in mourning, in memory of the dead. (that's ancestor worship)

God has the name of the faithful "graven on my hands". Jesus, according to the Revelation, has the name "King of Kings, Lord of Lords" tattooed on his thigh. ask your dad if Jesus has sinned by tattooing himself. the bible talks about women braiding their hair, etc to dress like harlots. dying your hair is not the same as dressing like a streetwalker.
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 1 Peter 3:3, 4, NIV.
Agreee!!!
Pride and vanity are manifested everywhere; but those who are inclined to look into the mirror to admire themselves, will have little inclination to look into the law of God, the great moral mirror. This idolatry of dress destroys all that is humble, meek and lovely in character. It consumes the precious hours that should be devoted to meditation, to searching the heart, to the prayerful study of God's word. In the word of God inspiration has recorded lessons especially for our instruction. Paul writes "In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shame facedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; but (which becometh women professing godliness with good works." No Christian can conform to the demoralizing fashions of the world without imperilling his soul's salvation.
Mrs. E. G. White.
Chapter Title: MR No. 719 - Ellen White's Care for Her Parents
My children are as well as usual. Father and Mother are living with us, and they seem so contented and happy. They take care of their room, but eat with us. You don't know what a weight of care is removed from me, since I can watch over these two aged children. Mother does just as I wish her to, follows every suggestion I make. I dress her up neat as wax, comb her hair, and she looks like a nice venerable old lady. Father also tries to please us in every way. We fix him up and he looks real nice.
Jospeh dyed his hair to blend in with the Egyptians. And I am sure Moses dyed his hair when he was living with the Egyptians. I am sure their are others but those are the only 2 that jump into my memory.
I am a bit confused Josh, I know beauty should not come from outside and such, but I was talking more along the lines fixing my rust colored hair. I am only asking about dying hair. I don't sit infront of mirrors anymore, I barely look at them, I dont even "do" my hair , I look decent and modest execpt for my rusty hair. :)
l
Go for it Crissy. Unless the Holy Spirit drops by and clearly inflicts a conviction upon you ... I just can't imagine any thing wrong with something so simple has hair color. A worse thing would be to start making so many man-made rules like the Jews that we sufficate.
Well Dye it. I couldnt find anything in the bible or EGW that warns about doing it. And yes the rust must go.
:) I really don't like the rust.
thanks for your research Josh! it helps make my decision. im going to dye it but only my natural color.
Good grief! Dye your hair if it makes you feel good.........BUT...................... when you get past the age of 50 nothing looks sillier than a man or woman with dyed hair. I know a pastor who for years had a head full of rich-looking white hair... He decided to dye it red................It just never looked right after he did so. 'nuff sed

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service