Adventist Online

Hello everyone,I  just wanna ask ''What is really d unpardonable sin?"

Views: 231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What constitutes the sin against the Holy Ghost?

"Brother P, you ask if you have committed the sin which has no forgiveness in this life or in the life to come. I answer: I do not see the slightest evidence that this is the case. What constitutes the sin against the Holy Ghost? It is willfully attributing to Satan the work of the Holy Spirit. For example, suppose that one is a witness of the special work of the Spirit of God. He has convincing evidence that the work is in harmony with the Scriptures, and the Spirit witnesses with his spirit that it is of God. Afterward, however, he falls under temptation; pride, self-sufficiency, or some other evil trait, controls him; and rejecting all the evidence of its divine character, he declares that that which he had before acknowledged to be the power of the Holy Spirit was the power of Satan. It is through the medium of His Spirit that God works upon the human heart; and when men willfully reject the Spirit and declare it to be from Satan, they cut off the channel by which God can communicate with them. By denying the evidence which God has been pleased to give them, they shut out the light which had been shining in their hearts, and as the result they are left in darkness. Thus the words of Christ are verified: "If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!" For a time, persons who have committed this sin may appear to be children of God; but when circumstances arise to develop character and show what manner of spirit they are of, it will be found that they are on the enemy's ground, standing under his black banner. {5T 634.1}
My brother, the Spirit invites you today. Come with your whole heart to Jesus. Repent of your sins, make confession to God, forsake all iniquity, and you may appropriate to yourself all His promises. "Look unto Me, and be ye saved," is His gracious invitation. {5T 634.2}

Hello all, grace and peace.

If you harden your heart in a matter to the extent that your conscience no longer hears that it is wrong, how then can you receive pardon, no longer knowing that you need to repent and receive forgiveness ??

Our loving and gracious Father is willing to forgive ALL sin, withholding from none His mercy, but if you have placed yourself in a position where you can no longer hear His voice upon your conscience, how can you know to ask for forgiveness ??

I also agree, in full, with what Brother VPRaul has posted.

Blessings.

yaeh i agree  with your answer brother scott,it  s true dat whoever hardens der heart for d calling of d  Holy Spirit comited d unpardonable sin, but how can you know dat GOD is calling you back?

This is from E G White:

A Mind Submissive, 

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to b...Ephesians 3:16.

The gospel of Christ makes progress in every human agent that is consecrated to the Lord’s service. The Holy Spirit takes possession of everyone who has a willing mind, not that that person may work the Holy Spirit, but that the Holy Spirit may work its miracle through the grace that is poured upon the human agency. The goodness of God becomes a working power through a consistent life, through fervent love for Jesus, and through heaven-inspired zeal. Those who are in association with Jesus will partake of His melting love, and manifest His overflowing sympathy for souls who are yielding to Satan’s specious temptations. They will plan and study and exercise tact, in order that they may make a success of so presenting the unselfish love of Christ that sinful and impenitent hearts may be won to loyalty to Jesus, who gave His life for them....

Lose no time; confess Christ without delay. It is the Holy Spirit, ...Acts 1:8).

To grieve the Holy Spirit which would make you a witness of Christ ...The Youth’s Instructor, August 1, 1895.

Hello there, here is a very simple explanation I want to share. I got this from amazing facts Pastor Doug Bachelor, and a few local pastors I know of.

Any sin that we haven't ask (genuinely) for forgiveness and we haven't confess to our Father, is what is termed as UNPARDONABLE SIN.

You might ask, how about those sins we have done and we forgot because of aging or being human.

Answer: The Holy Spirit will remind and convict us of sin,listen to the Holy Spirit if you are being reminded and ask for forgiveness.

Oh by the way, don't forget the most important part about asking for forgiveness. "Go and sin no more." John 8;11

thanks brother

The scripture tells us it is the grieving of the Holy Spirit.. Saul did this...
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Matt 12:31 i think. yeah

The unpardonable sin is calling good evil and evil good and doing so purposely with an evil conscience just like the Pharisees and religious teachers who persecuted Jesus for doing the Father's will!

Keep it simple and you will go a long way in your understanding. -Chase.

@Chase..

I would have to respectfully disagree... You see Paul the apostle did just what you had described and was not only responsible for the deaths of many of God's chosen, but was the coat check when Steven was stoned..  It's pretty obvious that his sin was not the unpardonable, but God actually brought him to repentance and salvation...

i really dont know how to answer this. it seems we all struggle with things that are not right with God. repentence means a turning away from sin. so what happens when we cannot seem to turn from things that are not right. sure you can confess sins but when you never seem to get victory, does the holy spirit leave and thats it. how long does God continue to deal with a person

The one who struggles with sin is NOT the one who has to worry about committing the upardonable sin, it's the one's who's evil consciences don't even struggle with doing or wanting to do what's right! Only the born again believer "struggles" with sin! The unregenerate "love" their sin. While we seek victory over ours! Even when we continuously fail, confess and repent depending on the Lord's ever sure mercies! :) -Chase.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service