Adventist Online

On July 5, 2012, Winry Fae was born into this world, in Ann Arbor Michigan, with a rare heart condition. Only the left side of her heart was functioning. Her family was informed that she would require several open-heart surgeries to correct this situation. By the time she was just 6 days old, she had already undergone 3 open heart surgeries within 36 hours to put a shunt in to helpthe flow of blood. Initially, she took a turn for the worse, but this little heart warrior refuses to give up!

This is an update on Winry's condition from earlier today( 7/14/2012.) As soon as I know more, I will share with everyone. Thankyou all for your continued support, prayers, and positive energy! Please keep sending it her way!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Things are not going well. They did a trial wean off life support...her heart beats on its own. YAY! The bad news is that they found a leak on the left side of her heart (the one side she has) in the mitral valve, so she is getting too much blood to her lungs. The mitral valve is a whole separate and very risky surgery. They put her on the transplant list... There aren't many hearts for babies, but she's at the top of the list, so she's a good candidate.♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

UPDATE ON WINRY FAE (7/15/2012)
So last night was a little rough. We were woke up in the middle of the night to a phone call from the hospital. Little warrior girl had some at the time unknown bleeding in her chest. And considering all else that was very serious. So they unsealed her bandages and the surgeon went in to figure out where it was coming from. It turned out to be the seal on the shunt they put in last week was not healing properly and blood started flowing out of it. Due to being on the ECMO machine for life support she has to be on a good deal of blood thinners, in itself a risk. So the clots that were healing around the shunt started bleeding due to the blood thinners. Was their best summation. So for her 4th 'surgical procedure' in her short life they went in and re-stitched the area around the shunt to make for a better seal. All these situations and she still wants nothing more than to squirm and squeeze our hands when we see her a few short hours after all that happened. Winry Lowing you are a fighter. My daughter i love you and i cant wait for your struggle to be over. — with Chelsea Anne Lowing and 2 others at University of Michigan.

If you have Facebook and would like to friend Winry Fae go here. 

https://www.facebook.com/winry.lowing

IF you are able to help this little Angel and her Family please go to this link.

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/4Ksvc?psid=67ba3c43a8cc42fe802981a2b...

Views: 113

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GBU

Thank you MFG...

From Winry's Daddy... As i post that last status. Chelsea Anne Lowing gets a phone call. And starts crying with an enormous smile on her face. We were just told we can visit Winry in about an hour and she will no longer be on life support. One more time, MY DAUGHTER, WILL NO LONGER BE ON THE ECMO LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEM!!!

Well, everyone, Winry is completely off her blood pressure medication! But, unfortunately, she had a super rough morning. :( She was given a blood transfusion, which is actually pretty routine for single ventricle babies while in the hospital. She was also put back on the ventilator. She is getting a chest tube in because she had a huge increase in fluids around her lungs which made it especially hard to breath. The goal is to trial her back off after the weekend. Our little lady just needed some more resting time. Many well wishes for Winni Bee.

Live long and God bless.

My prayers are with Winry and family.

Heavenly High Priest I claim Ps 41:2 for precious Winry Fae, "The Lord will preserve her and keep her alive; and she will be blessed on the earth; You will not deliver her to the will of the enemy."

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service