Adventist Online

Praise God ... at the second coming ... we will be changed and will be given victory over all sins. Thus we will then be prepared and fit for Heaven. Don't we serve a wonderful God? I so long for that day. I want to meet you all there. That is my prayer. Maybe we can have an AO corner.

"It is God's design to restore that similitude by giving to man victory over sin and over every temptation. The restoration will be completed at the second coming." 7th Volume of the 7th Day Adventist Bible Commentary p. 649

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

N HIM, Victory over sin will not occur at the second coming. restoration means the new immortal body, restoration to an unfallen state that Adam lost. Your theology appears to be the same as Jack Sequeria's.
Apparently ... you then disagree with the SDA Bible Commentary and scripture?
No I do not. We cannot take two separate events that occur in two separate time frames and apply the same time to both. The Bible, EGW, and the commentary do not say we overcome all sin at His coming.However, we receive the RESULTS of victory over sin at His coming, which is immortal life, a life that measures with the life of God. We must deal with sin as God says to, when He says to, not any other way. God has not made salvation hard to understand, unbelief however will keep us in the dark.

1Jn 2:4 He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Eze 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it shall die.

So, my question to you is, do you really believe the Bible?
Guess we have the same question for each other. Hmmm.
looks like one of us is right, and the other wrong. We will have to agree to disagree. But one more thing; Does not common sense tell you that Satan would want us to put off overcoming sin thinking that we only need to wait for Christs coming to have our sins forgiven?

I believe for sure the idea that we will not gain complete victory over sin until Jesus comes is a snare of Satan, no question. You may want to be very sure of your position.
It won't change my behaviour either way.
N HIM, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong about your position, but you seem to be saying there is no need to overcome all sin before probation closes, and that one can perhaps make a limited effort to do that.

We agree that we first come to Christ just as we are, sins and all, correct? What then? Do we assume we just keep sinning and there is no change in the life? Do you think we can carry our pet unconfessed, unforgiven sins to heaven and continue to sin in heaven?

I don't believe God will force us to give up our sins at His coming. Why would He make us unhappy in heaven without the sins we love? Will He turn us into robots and strip us of free will? No!

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Eze 33:11 Say to them, As I live, said the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn you, turn you from your evil ways; for why will you die, O house of Israel?

We are saved in our sins yes, but not to continue in them. We are really saved from our sins and from the resulting eternal death. I belive this is what Ellen White is saying here.

The love of God is expressed to man in the priceless gift of his Son; but Christ was given to a lost world, that we might be saved, not in our sins, but from our sins. {RH, February 10, 1891 par. 2}

Jesus came to this world to save his people from their sins. He will not save us in our sins, for he is not the minister of sin. We must respond to the divine drawing of Christ, and repent of our sins, and unite ourselves to Christ as the branch is united to the vine. Jesus says, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." Jesus is drawing all men; who will respond to this drawing? Many will be greatly influenced by the life and example of those who profess to have responded to this divine love that is drawing the hearts of men. Many will watch you who profess his name, to see whether it makes you better men and better women. They will watch to see if you are Christlike, kind and courteous in your family. The Lord has said, "By their fruits ye shall know them." {BEcho, February 1, 1892 par. 6}

All I know is that sin brings death, Inspiration is very clear. God will by no means excuse the wicked. Mercy is not inconsistent with justice
What I have said is clear and does not need re-interpretation.
"Even a child is know by his doings, whether his work be pure and whether it be right." Prov 20:11
Well we see things similarly yet opposite.

I also feel that legalism is a snare of the Devil and those who think they have to gain complete victory over all sins before Jesus comes ... well ... they might want to be quite sure of their position. These are serious times and this kind of belief is very dangerous.
Precisely Ian! Overcoming sin is only legalism if we are doing it in our own strength. Which would be following rules without changed hearts. In church but no Christ in you .........
Okay then ... Once I have asked God to do it ... I am off the hook so to speak. If he doesn't stop my sins ... it is his fault and responsibility. But I suspect He is just waiting for His second coming. You know ... when we SEE His Face.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service