Adventist Online

It was either on September 28, or 29 (2014) I was between sleep and wake when I heard a voice say, ".Redva you need a dress reform" Although semiconscious, it grabbed my attention. Again I heard, "Redva you need a dress reform and the church needs one too so tell the church."

Immediately I got up and sent a text message to the church Personal Ministry Director who had asked me earlier to do the 10 minutes after Sabbath School the coming Sabbath morning and I was undecided because I was not feeling well, that I was now willing and ready to do the evangelistic charge as I have a special message to deliver.

During the night I was on the internet browsing,  reading and watching sermons and lo and behold there was a pastor  preaching: Topic- "The need for dress reform in the Adventist church." This came as a conformation to the vision I had earlier and so my resolve was strengthened to do dress reform for the 10 minutes session that Sabbath morning. This I did without fear or favour. It was well received by the shouts of amen.

Since that vision I have changed much in my mood of dress.

Some years ago I was talking to a church sister about dress and she said she hear it said that Adventist women do not wear jewelry but the shoes and hair styles and the extravagance in their dress make up for the jewelry. As I look around the church today we cannot differentiate the dress on Sabbath and the dress of the world.

The short and tight dresses with all kinds of cuts and styles. The sleeveless dresses, the big and extra high heel shoes are all there. The hair colour and styles, the painted faces and nails, the extended finger nails and eye lashes and even the bleach skin in some cases.

For the men, the hair cut and the tight fitting pants which show all the bulges.

Brethren these must go, they are an abomination unto the Lord. Go to the Spirit of God and ask how you must dress and you will be told to do all to the glory of God. If when you are dressed and you are not comfortable that the Spirit will walk with you, then, change your dress.

If you still have a challenge and like your worldly dress it means that you need a heart transformation so go to the foot of the cross.

Romans 12:1& 2 (KJV)

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Read also Romans 13:11-14 and wake up.

Why hasn’t God pour out His wrath brethren?
Sis white says that the church has conformed to the standard of the world and God is waiting for His people to make a commitment to Him so we can be sealed. She says -
The line of distinction between professed Christians and the ungodly is now hardly distinguishable.
Brethren I got the message and I have delivered it. It is for you to decide what you will do with it. God bless you.
We can talk about this.

Views: 2081

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Remind me of the reference Jason.

Read selected messages book 1 pages 31-36 she states she does not claim to be a prophet. Now you are calling Mrs. White a liar

Why have I not claimed to be a prophet?—Because in these days many who boldly claim that they are prophets are a reproach to the cause of Christ; and because my work includes much more than the word “prophet” signifies.{1SM 32.4}
When this work was first given me, I begged the Lord to lay the burden on someone else. The work was so large and broad and deep that I feared I could not do it. But by His Holy Spirit the Lord has enabled me to perform the work which He gave me to do. {1SM 32.5
I am now instructed that I am not to be hindered in my work by those who engage in suppositions regarding its nature, whose minds are struggling with so many intricate problems connected with the supposed work of a prophet.My commission embraces the work of a prophet, but it does not end there. It embraces much more than the minds of those who have been sowing the seeds of unbelief can comprehend.—Letter 244, 1906 (Addressed to elders of the Battle Creek church; See Selected Messages 1:34-36.).{3SM 74.4}

Let us not forget that the Bible (Law) made reference to the testimony (SOP).

Hello Redeva

Are you saying that the bible makes reference to Ellen White?

Leon

Permalink Reply by Jason M. on October 26, 2014 at 7:59am

Why have I not claimed to be a prophet?—Because in these days many who boldly claim that they are prophets are a reproach to the cause of Christ; and because my work includes much more than the word “prophet” signifies.{1SM 32.4}
When this work was first given me, I begged the Lord to lay the burden on someone else. The work was so large and broad and deep that I feared I could not do it. But by His Holy Spirit the Lord has enabled me to perform the work which He gave me to do. {1SM 32.5
I am now instructed that I am not to be hindered in my work by those who engage in suppositions regarding its nature, whose minds are struggling with so many intricate problems connected with the supposed work of a prophet.My commission embraces the work of a prophet, but it does not end there. It embraces much more than the minds of those who have been sowing the seeds of unbelief can comprehend.—Letter 244, 1906 (Addressed to elders of the Battle Creek church; See Selected Messages 1:34-36.).{3SM 74.4}
Redva responding
Based on the quotation, she was called and chosen by God to do a work much greater than that of a prophet.

Leon,

I didn't see Ellen Whites name mentioned in the baptismal vows. Was that an oversight?

Hello Keith

No oversight, believe it or not an adventist is not required to believe in Ellen G. White to be baptized.

Leon

Careful, Leon, you may be called a liar for that statement.

Keith

Hopefully they will investigate before they call me a liar.

One could say that there are inferences which lean towards the SOP in the statements. But, even us Adventist realize the belief in Christ and being born again in the Spirit are the only requirements for conversion.

Leon

Leon

Is 28 Fundamentals of no importance? 

I see.  So, can I safely assume you are more of a fan of Sister Elizabeth Barton?

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service