Adventist Online

Hello, I feel uneasy working in the upcoming Vocation Bible School. I am uncomfortable dealing with the people who might be coming to the school, due to past stories I had heard since the last time my church had a Vocational Bible School. Some of the youths who came last time were bad. I don’t know what to do if a youth threatens me .Please pray, for me that God will protect me

Thanks...:)
Soriya

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sure, I will pray for you...

In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16, NIV

[God says,] "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

A prayer to be shared....

VERSE:
How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those
who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who
take refuge in you.

-- Psalm 31:19

THOUGHT:
Out of this psalm which begins in desperation, we find a
crescendo of faith. While things may seem bleak, God will not
abandon his children. Those who reverence God will not be
forgotten. Far from ignoring his children, God has stored up his
goodness which he will generously pour out on them to show that
they are his. Those who take refuge in him will be protected and
blessed. For those on this side of Jesus' resurrection, this
promise of blessing and vindication takes on added depth and
meaning as well as deeper assurance!

PRAYER:
O LORD, God of Abraham, Moses, Ruth, David, and Esther, I praise
you for your proven faithfulness through the centuries. I thank you
for the great heritage of faith that shows me that I can trust you
to remember me with your grace, protect me by your power, and bless
me with your goodness. Please give me courage to hang on to my
faith no matter the trials and difficuties I face. In Jesus' name I
pray and place my trust in you. Amen
Thank you brother Steven. Yeah, I know I should not be fearful . If bad things happens to me, I hope it will be for the glory of God.
Vacation Bible School can be a great witness to the community. It can also be a lot of work. I will pray that all who attend will behave themselves. God Bless.
Thank you. This will be my first time helping out in an Vactional Bible School.
I am praying for you my sister, The lord called you to serve, He has prepared all that you need to carry out the required which includes His Protection over you. Don't be alarmed, He will always be by your side.
Thanks brother. I believe.
It can be quite a challenge to work with certain kids. Make sure that you are prepared. Have interesting, meaningful activities. Motivate each student to do a great job on each task. Team work is great. Put a little competition in it sometimes.
When you give group work,(small groups) give - at least 3 specific things to do. Have students report on group tasks - one person from a team. In other word, do activities that make students think, create, participate.

An applaud works miracles, so to speak. Clap after each team or individual's presentation.That can be a great reward for both children and adults. Points are good too.

There are some VBS guide and activities from the conference, use them.

Most of all, pray before VBS. Seek God's guidance throughout. Have a wonderful VBS.
Thank you all for your prayers and comments....:) .

Sister Melinda, do you know what I should if a kid disrespects me? It had gotten so bad one time that someone called the cops. The church people said the kids at the last Vocational Bible School were bad because of the lack of parental and/or adult guidance .
At first I thought it was a typo. But now you have repeated it. Are you having a Vacation Bible School or a Vocational Bible School. If it is the latter .... what vocations are you teaching them? The VBS that I am familiar with ..... teaches avocational skills rather than vocations. However if you have an older crowd that comes perhaps teaching certain vocations might be a good project.

Anyways .... I am just curious as to if you are teaching vocations or avocations. Vocation can have many different meanings .... so I am curious as to how you are applying this word.
It was a mistake, I meant Vocation Bible School. We are having a Vocation Bible School for the youths and the adults. We are teaching the youths how to eat healthier. I don’t know what we have in plan for the adults.
Are you teaching the adults vocations and the children avocations?
Brother, I will be teaching the youths, just very young children under 9 years of age. I don't think they will give me a hard time, but let's see.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service