Adventist Online

I came across one person here who claims Adam was created with two sexes? 

What do you say about this? I find it Just as creative as the catholic church coming up with futurism and preterism. 

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You have a wrong assumption that logic wins the argument in the arena of thought and ideas.  In the liberal mind feelings win or culture wins.  What is being taught in secular colleges will be adapted into and is the final say not the Bible.  There are no absolutes.  The Bible can be made to fit any cultural norm of the day. Anyone who holds to the absolutes of the Bible will be labeled a hater.  Especially if you show the holes in the arguments with logic.  What wins the day is showing the love of Christ.  Jesus spoke heart to heart to the common people in his time hear on earth.  What he said made sense to them.  To the elites of his time he only made them angry.  He punched holes in all the arguments of the pharisees and Sadducee of his day who are much like our own liberal and conservative counter parts.  Manuela and Pastor  T to a lesser extent hold culture in higher regard than the Bible. 

Clearly God's Thinking is different to ours as it says:

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

What Manuela and Pr T to some extent are doing are reasoning trough Humanism. Manuela hates me saying that word perhaps because it is true. 

an outlook or system of thought attaching prime importance to human rather than divine or supernatural matters. Humanist beliefs stress the potential value and goodness of human beings, emphasize common human needs, and seek solely rational ways of solving human problems.

Yeah, I don't see the value in hiding what you believe.  I think it is wonderful that we have various views here and that people express their opinions.  The contrast helps people to see that the Bible stands on its own.  Humanism fails because sinful man is not "good".  Jesus says so in the gospel.   When sin is pointed out it is not an act of hate but more of a I have been there too.  I am a convert, I lived a very sinful self centered existence and people remind me all the time.   That is OK because I have much to thank Jesus for.  For some who are born an Adventist I think it is hard for them to see the full effect of sin because they have never woken up drunk in a gutter, been homeless because they bought drugs, fought with an angry husband etc.........      

Pr T 

The most unusual account I ever heard. Did you really say that eve was created only after sin had been visited on Adam???

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service