Adventist Online

Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? Because it gets you high even though they removed the cocaine years ago.

In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar(or GMO high fructose corn syrup) hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.

20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment.)

40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.

45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

> 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.

> 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.

> 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now literally peed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system, or building strong bones and teeth.

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you know that Enjoy Life actually makes candy bars, and cookies with it to?

In times past, when I was feeling down, and I was all alone, I would have some Coke.  It was just like shooting up heroine.  It made me feel euphoric, and made all my problems go away for a little while.

But, if you feel so strongly against Coke, why are you advertising for them?

Julie is making light of it.. Not the same thing as advertising..

Would you think I was endorsing you, purely because I made fun of you?

I didn't say endorsing.  It's just that it makes me think of Coca-Cola.  Am I the only one?

Well ya, but that's the point.. mocking that product.

That was not my purpose but as it appears to be a stumbling block, I will change the picture.  It is interesting how satan can take the focus off the issue.  Sorry to have been a bad witness.  It was not my intention but to use a font that people know to send a message of good.

For a lot of people that is alcohol. 

oh wow Julie  I knows  soft  drinks are not good and all but i never heard of all this xtra information,, It can be tough when u in at work not to partake of any soft drink. . EACH  week u get tempted by boredom at times and  a need for a jolt maybe.  I have been resiting the temptation  and it not easy despite the knowledge it harmful to be honest. . Yi yi Yi   I do not  or am not always succesful in that either , 

I will save this information though and pass it on to not only help me but others that may be struggling in this temptation.. You know having knowledge is a tool that ios useful but in the long run u have to make  the decison yourself to avoid all that is wrong and unhelathy for us n that is a lifetime battle. 

I do not find your  Image of coca cola threating  or dangerous either,, it is eye catching haha!  The design does make u think too.  Just how I see it  personallly. Jesus used many illustrations  even speaking of Hell fire  and not condoning the belief but simply an illustration of what others believed  at this time and using it as a background to get truths into the minds of his hearers they other wise would not hear! 

I have found a good way around the temptation. There is a soda called Zevia, that is absolutely delicious, and tasted like the others. But with no caffeine in most of it's flavors and no sugar..

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service