Adventist Online

Hey everyone. I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what you think heaven will be like. I think it will be beautiful and in our mansions, I think that they will include things that we like to do. How about you??

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is difficult to imagine perfect things, but I think to see God face to face and shke his hands will more valuable than golden houses or fly for entire universe
No weariness, so no sleep.

Perfect retention (i.e. memory).

Heaven will be a big place. The garden of Eden will be there, just as Adam left it. (Minus the tree of knowledge)

And "heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ." (Desire of Ages p.331)
Yes, I love the statement, "heaven is a ceaseless approaching to God through Christ."
Hi Stewart, cannot wait for that day :-)

Not all the conditions of that first school of Eden will be found in the school of the future life. No tree of knowledge of good and evil will afford opportunity for temptation. No tempter is there, no possibility of wrong. Every character has withstood the testing of evil, and none are longer susceptible to its power.—Education, 302. This mean the tree of good and evil is there, but the created beings no longer be yield to temptation ever again in the years of Eternity.
oh, heaven will have a beauty beyond our imagination!
surely it will be a place of JOY and LOVE...:)
We just can't imagine it. It's beyond our ability to imagine. It will be comprised of things we do not yet know. I would think it will be billions of times more beautiful than anything we have on earth.

The most beautiful and fulfilling praise service ever.
Oh, what I think heaven will be like? Like what?MY, it's beyond comparison, because the Bible says, no eyes have seen, nor ears have heard of things that God has in store for those who are faithful to HIM. Anyhow, it must be a BEAUTIFUL PLACE for you and me. Imagine, there will be no sickness, no death, no more crying, no more pining. And there are lots of eatable things there, specially me, a vegan! I'll be eating lots of fruits and vegetables there fresh and raw, picked directly from the vine. Hmmm, yummy. And . . . oh I love to swim in the River of Life!because as of now I can't bathe tap water; I've to look for a hot spring or boil water if only to experience refreshing bath. But in heaven, I think, I'll have to plunge into the river and chase or perhaps ride on the croc's back or chaste a big fish. Ya, heaven is beyond description.

Amen. Even so Jesus come.
What is heaven like? It is beyond our comprehension to explain in words or 5 senses to describe or experience.

It is even more beautiful than the countless unfallen worlds because it is the metropolis of the universe where The Father, The Son, and The Spirit fully dwell. The way the saint travel is at a speed that our current finite mind cannot comprehend, and the boundless universe light up with shimmering bright lights and fluorescent colors beyond the rainbow spectrum. Most of the saints time in eternity will be traveling to the unnumbered worlds to learn the wisdom of unfallen beings and incorporate into our own life in the new earth. The New Earth will be made new as well as the surrounding planets, and Earth where it will the home of the Universe Metropolis, where each have two houses. One is already made by The Father, the large mansion of gold with diamond rooftop inside the New Jerusalem city, and the second home is yet to be made by the saint own hands, in the country where there will be garden, lake, and hill to be made with the new knowledge attained from unfallen worlds. Each Sabbath will be the highlight of life of the saints in the week. Where the saints are gathered in front of New Jerusalem, and together with the unnumbered angels sing incredibly beautiful songs to praise the Son and The Father, and the echoing from unfallen beings of the unnumbered worlds match perfectly in one pulse harmony throughout the entire universe. And the climax of the Sabbath event, the Father and the Son expose the fullness of their glory before his created beings.

Then the saints will see "also the Lord [The Father] sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke." Isa 6:1-4. With the 144,000 stand closest to the throne of God on Mount Zion, as was promised in Rev 3:21. When the worshipping service is complete, then the Jesus will multiply Himself into many persons, and each will travel with each saint of the 144,000 who is now king and priest, as representative of Jesus himself to the unfallen worlds, along with the rest of the redeemed. And these will continue to unfold for eternity in the vastness unlimited measure of God's richness, mercy and grace toward the redeemed, who is the last crowning act of God's creation.

Despite the fulness of our imagination mentioned above, the reality will be even more glorious. Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus.
What is Heaven Like from SOP?

Not all the conditions of that first school of Eden will be found in the school of the future life. No tree of knowledge of good and evil will afford opportunity for temptation. No tempter is there, no possibility of wrong. Every character has withstood the testing of evil, and none are longer susceptible to its power.—Education, 302. This mean the tree of good and evil is there, but the created beings no longer be yield to temptation ever again.

NO SEA—The sea divides friends. It is a barrier between us and those whom we love. Our associations are broken up 139by the broad, fathomless ocean. In the New Earth there will be no more sea, and there shall pass there “no galley with oars.” In the past many who have loved and served God have been bound by chains to their seats in galleys, compelled to serve the purpose of cruel, hardhearted men. The Lord has looked upon their suffering in sympathy and compassion. Thank God, in the earth made new there will be no fierce torrents, no engulfing ocean, no restless, murmuring waves.—Ms 33, 1911 quoted in Maranatha, 351.

No Tears or Funerals—In the home of the redeemed there will be no tears, no funeral trains, no badges of mourning. “The inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.” Isaiah 33:24. One rich tide of happiness will flow and deepen as eternity rolls on.... {Hvn 139.1}
Heaven p. 139.2

Let us consider most earnestly the blessed hereafter. Let our faith pierce through every cloud of darkness and behold Him who died for the sins of the world. He has opened the gates of paradise to all who receive and believe on Him. To them He gives power to become the sons and daughters of God. Let the afflictions which pain us so grievously become instructive lessons, teaching us to press forward toward the mark of the prize of our high calling in Christ. Let us be encouraged by the thought that the Lord is soon to come. Let this hope gladden our hearts.... {Hvn 139.2} Heaven p. 139.3

We are homeward bound. He who loved us so much as to die for us hath builded for us a city. The New Jerusalem is our place of rest. There will be no sadness in the city of God. No wail of sorrow, no dirge of crushed hopes and buried affections, will evermore be heard. Soon the garments of heaviness will be changed for the wedding garment. Soon we shall witness the coronation of our King. Those whose lives have been hidden with Christ, those who on this earth have fought the good fight of faith, will shine forth with the Redeemer’s glory in the kingdom of God.—Testimonies for the Church 9:286, 287 quoted in Maranatha, 352.

No Marriages or Births—There are men today who express their belief that there will be marriages and births in the New Earth, but those who believe the Scriptures cannot accept such doctrines. The doctrine that children will be born in the New Earth is not a part of the “sure word of prophecy.” The words of Christ are too plain to be misunderstood. They should forever settle the question of marriages and births in the New Earth. Neither those who shall be raised from the dead, nor those who shall be translated without seeing death, will marry or be given in marriage. They will be as the angels of God, members of the royal family.—Ms 28, 1904 quoted in Maranatha, 369. If Only Hyveth Williams read the SOP, she would not adopt new theology and ideas contrary to the Bible and SOP.

No Night or Need of Rest—In the City of God “there shall be no night.” None will need or desire repose. There will be no weariness in doing the will of God and offering praise to His name. We shall ever feel the freshness of the morning and shall ever be far from its close. “And they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light.” Revelation 22:5. The light of the sun will be superseded by a radiance which is not painfully dazzling, yet which immeasurably surpasses the brightness of our noontide. The glory of God and the Lamb floods the Holy City with unfading light. The redeemed walk in the sunless glory of perpetual day.—The Great Controversy, 676.

No Temple, But Face-To-Face Communion—“I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.” Revelation 21:22. The people of God are privileged to hold open communion with the Father and the Son. “Now we see through a glass, darkly.” 1 Corinthians 13:12. We behold the image of God reflected, as in a mirror, in the works of nature and in His dealings with men; but then we shall see Him face to face, without a dimming veil between. We shall stand in His presence and behold the glory of His countenance.—The Great Controversy, 676, 677.

No Pain, Sickness, or Death—Oh, I long for Jesus to come. I long for that home in the kingdom of glory where there will be no sickness, no sorrow, no pain, no death.—Letter 64a, 1889 quoted in Manuscript Releases 10:383. {Hvn 141.2} Heaven p. 141.3

No Contention or Discord—No voices of contention mar the sweet and perfect peace of heaven. Its inhabitants know no sorrow, no grief, no tears. All is in perfect harmony, in perfect order and perfect bliss.... {Hvn 141.3} Heaven p. 141.4

Heaven is a home where sympathy is alive in every heart, expressed in every look. Love reigns there. There are no jarring elements, no discord or contentions or war of words.—Letter 30, 1882 quoted in Last Day Events, 296.

The Sabbath Will Continue to Be Observed in the New Earth—I was shown that the law of God would stand fast forever, and exist in the new earth to all eternity. At the creation, when the foundations of the earth were laid, the sons of God looked with admiration upon the work of the Creator, and all the heavenly host shouted for joy. It was then that the foundation of the Sabbath was laid. At the close of the six days of creation, God rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had made; and He blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because that in it He had rested from all His work. {Hvn 142.1} Heaven p. 142.2

The Sabbath was instituted in Eden before the fall, and was observed by Adam and Eve, and all the heavenly host. God rested on the seventh day, and blessed and hallowed it. I saw that the Sabbath never will be done away; but that the redeemed saints, and all the angelic host, will observe it in honor of the great Creator to all eternity.—Early Writings, 217.

“From one sabbath to another” the inhabitants of the glorified new earth shall ... “worship before me, saith the Lord.”—The Desire of Ages, 283 quoted in The Faith I Live By, 37.

Communion With the Faithful of All Ages—There the redeemed shall know, even as also they are known. The loves and sympathies which God Himself has planted in the soul shall there find truest and sweetest exercise. The pure communion with holy beings, the harmonious social life with the blessed angels and with the faithful ones of all ages who have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb, the sacred ties that bind together “the whole family in heaven and earth” (Ephesians 3:15)—these help to constitute the happiness of the redeemed.—The Great Controversy, 677. {Hvn 143.1}Heaven p. 143.2

The Happiness of Others Is the Joy of the Redeemed—Everything in heaven is noble and elevated. All seek the interest and happiness of others. No one devotes himself to looking out and caring for self. It is the chief joy of all holy beings to witness the joy and happiness of those around them.—Testimonies for the Church 2:239.

God’s People Are at Home in the New Earth—In the Bible the inheritance of the saved is called “a country.” Hebrews 11:14-16. There the heavenly Shepherd leads His flock to fountains of living waters. The tree of life yields its fruit every month, and the leaves of the tree are for the service of the nations. There are ever-flowing streams, clear as crystal, and beside them waving trees cast their shadows upon the paths prepared for the ransomed of the Lord. There the wide-spreading plains swell into hills of beauty, and the mountains of God rear their lofty summits. On those peaceful plains, beside those living streams, God’s people, so long pilgrims and wanderers, shall find a home. {Hvn 143.3} 144 Heaven p. 144.1

“My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.” “Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.” “They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: ... Mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.” Isaiah 32:18; 60:18; Isaiah 65:21, 22. {Hvn 144.1} Heaven p. 144.2

There, “the wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.” “Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree.” “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; ... and a little child shall lead them.” “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,” saith the Lord. Isaiah 35:1; 55:13; Isaiah 11:6, 9.—The Great Controversy, 675, 676.

The Redeemed Will Live Active, Purposeful Lives—In the earth made new the redeemed will engage in the occupations and pleasures that brought happiness to Adam and Eve in the beginning. The Eden life will be lived, the life in garden and field. “They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of My people, and Mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.”—Prophets and Kings, 730, 731 quoted in The Adventist Home, 549. {Hvn 144.3} 145 Heaven p. 145.1

There every power will be developed, every capability increased. The grandest enterprises will be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations will be reached, the highest ambitions realized. And still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of body and mind and soul.—Education, 306 quoted in The Adventist Home, 549.

Restored to His presence, man will again, as at the beginning, be taught of God: “My people shall know My name: ... they shall know in that day that I am He that doth speak: behold, it is I.” Isaiah 52:6.
There will be open to the student, history of infinite scope and of wealth inexpressible. Here, from the vantage ground of God’s Word, the student is afforded a view of the vast field of history and may gain some knowledge of the principles that govern the course of human events. But his vision is still clouded, and his knowledge incomplete. Not until he stands in the light of eternity will he see all things clearly. {Hvn 149.3} Heaven p. 149.4

Then will be opened before him the course of the great conflict that had its birth before time began, and that ends only when time shall cease. The history of the inception of sin; of fatal falsehood in its crooked working; of truth that, swerving not from its own straight lines, has met and conquered error—all will be made manifest. The veil that interposes between the visible and the invisible world will be drawn aside, and wonderful things will be revealed. {Hvn 149.4} Heaven p. 150.1

Not until the providences of God are seen in the light of eternity shall we understand what we owe to the care and interposition of His angels. Celestial beings have taken an active part in the affairs of men. They have appeared in garments that shone as the lightning; they have come as men, in the garb of wayfarers. They have accepted the hospitalities of human homes; they have acted as guides to benighted travelers. They have thwarted the spoiler’s purpose and turned aside the stroke of the destroyer. {Hvn 150.1}
Heaven p. 150.2

Though the rulers of this world know it not, yet often in their councils angels have been spokesmen. Human eyes have looked upon them. Human ears have listened to their appeals. In the council hall and the court of justice, heavenly messengers have pleaded the cause of the persecuted and oppressed. They have defeated purposes and arrested evils that would have brought wrong and suffering to God’s children. To the students in the heavenly school, all this will be unfolded. {Hvn 150.2} Heaven p. 150.3

Every redeemed one will understand the ministry of angels in his own life. The angel who was his guardian from his earliest moment; the angel who watched his steps, and covered his head in the day of peril; the angel who was with him in the valley of the shadow of death, who marked his resting place, who was the first to greet him in the resurrection morning—what will it be to hold converse with him, and to learn the history of divine interposition in the individual life, of heavenly cooperation in every work for humanity!

All the perplexities of life’s experience will then be made plain. Where to us have appeared only confusion and disappointment, broken purposes and thwarted plans, will be seen a grand, overruling, victorious purpose, a divine harmony. {Hvn 150.4} Heaven p. 151.1

There all who have wrought with unselfish spirit will behold the fruit of their labors. The outworking of every right principle and noble deed will be seen. Something of this we see here. But how little of the result of the world’s noblest work is in this life manifest to the doer! {Hvn 151.1} Heaven p. 151.2

There will be music there, and song, such music and song as, save in the visions of God, no mortal ear has heard or mind conceived. {Hvn 152.2} Heaven p. 152.3

“As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there.” Psalm 87:7. “They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord.” Isaiah 24:14. {Hvn 152.3} Heaven p. 152.4

“For the Lord shall comfort Zion: He will comfort all her waste places; and He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.” Isaiah 51:3.
all I know is that Sis White did not want to come back to this dark planetBut God said she must
Former things will be forgotten so I feel that where ever the character of Yahweh and Yahshua is then we will be the same all good and smiles

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service