Adventist Online

This verse states that a woman shall not put that which pertaineth unto a man neither shall a man put on a woman's garment for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. So does it mean women must not put on trousers?

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen!   

There have been nice styles of ladies pants and suits for a long time. I believe men would look silly in them. And men have clothes that would look weird on women. Though in the world there are many woman who will wear male intended clothing, including boots, etc.

I have personally seen people walking down the street that I had NO idea if they were male or female due to their hair and cothing.

I believe it's an abomination for the sexes to be so confusing you can't tell who is what! considering he made males quite different from females in body, and mind. 

but i have heard many preachers here in our country negatively criticizing women who put on trousers even though they were designed for women. Their argument is that a trouser was originally meant for men not women. So because of the transformation of life, sin increased and that is why a trouser was designed for women as well to suit the needs of a moral decaying world. Therefore, this verse condemns women who put on trosers even if designed for women.

Your conclusion is faulty and incorrect, Nkosilathi--and so is whoever is preaching it in your country.  The men wore dresses (robes) like the women in Bible times, but they were made for men.  Did that lead to the moral decay as well?  Men wear skirts (kilts) in Ireland and China--as well as kimonos--like the women.  Does that cause sin there too?  Of course not!  

No excuses to disobey God, don't wear He said. We always want to justify reasons why we will not OBEY God. King Saul did it, he paid for it. Robes are not women cloths. The Priests has their wears, pls. God help us to be willing to obey Him.

BUT HOW COME THOSE WOMEN DO NOT PUT ON THE SLACKS AT CHURCH. THEY ONLY PUT ON DURING THE WEEK BUT WHEN IT COMES ON SATURDAY THEY ARE EITHER IN SKIRTS OR DRESSES. SO THIS MEANS THAT TROUSERS, PANTS ARE NOT MEANT FOR WOMEN. I HAVE EVEN WATCHED THE HOPE CHANNEL TRYING TO FIND THAT, AS I THOUGHT PROBABLY ITS HERE IN AFRICA THAT TROUSERS/PANTS ARE NOT TOLERATED ON WOMEN. BUT I HAVE ONLY SEEN PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES DO THAT ONLY. WHY?????

The reason you do not see pants is tradition.

Now we must be very careful not to teach tradition as doctrine for it is written:

In vain do they worship me teaching for doctrine the traditions of men.
Yes! The mouth of The Lord has spoken. When in doubt about this verse look like the question the serpent asked Eve "Does God really say thou shall not eat this fruit?"

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING MR. IGWE

I believe this verse is about trying to look like the opposite sex. It is about purposely cross dressing. Scriptures say don't do it.

Simple. Straight forward. Not adding to or diminishing from the law.
Yes, women should NOT wear men's apparel. God did not make mistake, rephrasing the question is like acting like serpent: " did God said you should not really die when you eat the fruit"
Adding to this law may look like this:

Women shall not wear trousers/pants.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com