Adventist Online

http://www.bibleexplained.com/revelation/r-seg04-6/rev05d-inaugurat...

https://www.adventist.org/en/beliefs/restoration/christs-ministry-i...

"There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle that the Lord set up and not humans. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. At His ascension, He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and, began His intercessory ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the holy place of the earthly sanctuary. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the most holy place of the earthly sanctuary. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus.

The doctrine of Christ our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary brings us assurance and hope. It invested the lives of the pioneers of the Seventh-day Adventist Church with meaning; it still is a fruitful field for our contemplation and spiritual growth.

This distinctive teaching was reaffirmed in the Statement of Fundamental Beliefs adopted by the General Conference session at Dallas in April 1980. Our continuing conviction was there expressed as follows:

"There is a sanctuary in heaven, the true tabernacle which the Lord set up and not man. In it Christ ministers on our behalf, making available to believers the benefits of His atoning sacrifice offered once for all on the cross. He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and began His intercessory ministry at the time of His ascension. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry. It is a work of investigative judgment which is part of the ultimate disposition of all sin, typified by the cleansing of the ancient Hebrew sanctuary on the Day of Atonement. In that typical service the sanctuary was cleansed with the blood of animal sacrifices, but the heavenly things are purified with the perfect sacrifice of the blood of Jesus. The investigative judgment reveals to heavenly intelligences who among the dead are asleep in Christ and therefore, in Him, are deemed worthy to have part in the first resurrection. It also makes manifest who among the living are abiding in Christ, keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus, and in Him, therefore, are ready for translation into His everlasting kingdom. This judgment vindicates the justice of God in saving those who believe in Jesus. It declares that those who have remained loyal to God shall receive the kingdom. The completion of this ministry of Christ will mark the close of human probation before the Second Advent."

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen the investigative Judgement a doctrine peculiar to the SDA and no one else has this doctrine. I have also seen some who say they are SDA struggle with this doctrine. Here is a link to Clifford Goldstein's site who does a great job of explaining the Investigative Judgement.  

Romans 5:11; "And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement." That is past tense, for those that believe and have received the holy spirit. That was true for Paul's day, and true for our day.

There is no authority for the term "investigative judgment" in the Bible, as those two words are never used by the holy spirit to together, nor in agreement with this doctrine which indeed is peculiar with the SDA and none other, as far I understand, and for good reason no one else believes it, not that majority makes for right. Do a Word search for "investigative judgment," you will not find anything. I have researched this subject before and did searches at that time, not finding anything of "investigative judgment." I just did a new one on Biblehub.net.

Here is the result:

"Bible Search

Your search - investigative judgment - did not match any documents. 
No pages were found containing "investigative judgment"

Suggestions:

• Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords."

We are not to create mew terms, doctrines, practices without Biblical authority, which Jesus, Peter, Paul, all the prophets warned about doing, and to which the Catholic Church is infamous for doing.

I think you replied to Elijah?, I concluded that because your issue was "Investigative Judgement", but the topic I started concerned "inauguration of Heavenly Sancutuary"...

Hi Veli. You refer to both I.J. and atonement in your forum statement, therefore I am not off-topic.

These issues stem from the great disappointment:

"On the morning of October 23, 1844 they walked through Edson's cornfield to avoid the mocking jeers of the neighbors who had refused to believe the Advent message.[3] It was in this cornfield that Edson claimed to have seen a vision. In this vision, Edson came to understand that "the cleansing of the sanctuary" meant that Jesus was moving from the Holy Place to the Most Holy Place in the heavenly sanctuary, and not to the Second Coming of Jesus to earth:"

This "revelation" contradicts the revelation received by Paul about our atonement already being received in Romans 5:11, as well as many other verses regarding our standing as saved in Christ etc., as well as foretold in scripture.

Hi Veli,

One meaning the term inauguration is the beginning or introduction of a system, policy, or period.  In the case being spoken of, his high priest ministry. She states,

At His ascension, He was inaugurated as our great High Priest and, began His intercessory ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the holy place of the earthly sanctuary. In 1844, at the end of the prophetic period of 2300 days, He entered the second and last phase of His atoning ministry, which was typified by the work of the high priest in the most holy place of the earthly sanctuary.

This however contradicts scripture as brother James has pointed out.  Hebrews 9:12 clearly states.

He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.

Philippians 2:9 says,

9Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name above all names…

That highest place is at the right hand of the God. 

Acts 2:33 Exalted, then, to the right hand of God, He has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

Jesus was exalted, I guess one could use the term inaugurated, but he was inaugurated to sit at God right hand of authority in the Holy Place at his ascension we see this as pointed out in Revelation.

He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Jesus overcame and sit down with Father on Father’s throne in the Most Holy Place.

Yes Gene, I was thinking of that verse also "...he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption." Jesus accomplished his mission perfectly despite those that cannot except the great grace shed abroad by his blood, expecting themselves and worse yet others with prerequisites and conditions and hurtles supposedly instead of faith, all being works and pleasing religious leaders of whatever persuasion. Some say that grace is a cheap salvation. I would not call what Jesus did cheap or that God gave His Son in our place as cheap. No, it was most dear, meaning costly.

Paul, John, Peter, etc. had to contend for the Gospel because of failure to accept, understand and believe and follow the truth. All Asia turned away from Paul, which was a turning away from God also.

Man's religions stand in opposition to God's simple message.

People want to believe things that are not in the Bible, but scoff at things that are in the Bible and have unbelief and scorn and anger. Each person is responsible to God for their beliefs and actions, or lack of actions?

God is fair, giving us freedom of will. SDA or any other denomination or organization cannot and does not save anyone. Only faith in Jesus Christ saves anyone.
"inaugurated" is not found in either the Old or New Testaments. Why would we use terms as authoritative or endure them with importance when they are not even used once in scripture?

This is true for Trinity also. We should not allow words never used by God to become used and elevated as authoritative, because Then corruption and man's words and meanings creep in. That is exactly what has and is happening. We can use none Biblical words to communicate to each other, to perhaps explain the word to some extend, but not to changing the message, the doctrine, the practice and the mindset.

That is what Eve allowed and others allow, "Did God really say..." and may I add; does salvation only come by faith? We don't need to add hurtles for people to jump over supposedly to receive salvation, righteousness, redemption, justification, and the ministry of reconciliation, which every believer has in Christ, the ministry to help redeem people to God by walking in the spirit in love of God. That is what is pleasing to God.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service