Adventist Online

What is prelife before birth? is it Biblical?

Views: 928

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Photo of baby holding doctor’s finger while in mother’s womb goes viral

By Daniel S Levine

The photo of a baby holding a doctor’s finger while being pulled from her mother’s womb during the c-section has gone viral on Facebook.

Alicia Atkins shared the photo on her photography studio page on Dec. 26. Since then, it has amassed over 3,900 shares, over 800 comments and over 7,000 likes.

The photo was taken in October and clearly shows Atkins’ daughter, Naveah, reaching out to hold Dr. Allan Sawyer’s hand.

“The doctor called me over and said, hey, she’s grabbing my finger,” the baby’s father, Randy, told3TV in Phoenix. “So I ran over there and just grabbed the shot and I was just in awe looking at it. It was such an amazing picture.”

When Atkins shared the photo, she wrote that it is “Truly amazing.”

“I am in awe of this photo,” she continued. “Something to remember forever.”

She praised Sawyer’s work and printed the photo on canvas as a present for him. “Thank you for helping me deliver 3 of the most amazing wonderful gifts I could ever ask for. A Couple of miracle children,” she wrote. “You are truly an amazing Dr. and couldnt ask for a better one.”

Sawyer told ABC 15 that he was stunned by the photo. “I’ve never captured that picture before,” he said. “It’s really rare.”

link

Also, Hindu and Buddhist. However, Catholicism has borrowed from these pagan concepts and that is why they are supposed to have large families and not practice contraceptive practice, in order to bring in as many souls into bodies as possible that need one.

Interesting, Daniel.

I had a look at a Catholic Catechism that I have here. Yes, it speaks about two distinct entities, and the soul is, according to their teaching, "infused" into the body:

"The Church has never defined the exact moment when the soul is created and infused into the body to form this unique human person." However, the book goes on to say that "it is, therefore, assumed that creation of the soul and its infusion take place at the moment of conception." (Catholic Catechism, Hardon, p.106)

Well, Greek and Aramaic to be more accurate.

This is very hard for many to grasp because the idea of the immortal soul is so deeply entrenched in cultural thinking over the centuries. The atheist is not entirely incorrect. He believes the dead turn to dust. Its just that he rejects a God who brings us back from eternal death. 

There is no soul as it is called but as you alluded to our information is stored. we are given a bland hard drive and we can save, add, store and delete stuff from it. when we die whatever is on this hard drive is preserved.

Our personal identity is preserved in the resurrection, though not the same particles of matter or material substance as went into the grave. The wondrous works of God are a mystery to man. The spirit, the character of man, is returned to God, there to be preserved. In the resurrection every man will have his own character. God in His own time will call forth the dead, giving again the breath of life, and bidding the dry bones live. The same form will come forth, but it will be free from disease and every defect. It lives again bearing the same individuality of features, so that friend will recognize friend. There is no law of God in nature which shows that God gives back the same identical particles of matter which composed the body before death. God shall give the righteous dead a body that will please Him. {Mar 301.2

lol I was just trying to be modern 

It makes sense.  We are the created.  He is the I AM.  He is reality, we are data composed by Him speaking us into existence.

This is exactly what He will do; He will create 'holy flesh' and put your character in this flesh and it will be you. If humans could perform brain transplants then they could dispose a dying body and place your brain and  'brain' of the heart ? ( character) onto this other body and post operatively it would be you. 

I suggest that the only place any of the dead have any 'existence', is in the memory of God. There is no 'blueprint' that returns to God from which He recreates people. In my view such a thing is not necessary.

The character, the memories, the impressions, everything relating to a deceased person is preserved in God's memory.  A person's tears are even preserved in His "bottle". But again, that "bottle", in the end, is His perfectly accurate, infinitely sublime, memory. All the fragments come together in Him. Nothing is lost.

Russian research project offers 'immortality' to billionaires - by transplanting their brains into robot bodies

• Contacted list of world's richest to offer immortality
  • Will personally oversee brain transplant into robot body
  • Entrepreneur claims to have 30 scientists working on project
  • Aims to 'transplant' human mind into robot body in 10 years
  • Claims 'next stage' of science is to create a 'new human body'
  • 'This project is leading to immortality,' says Dmitry Itskov

By ROB WAUGH

A Russian entrepreneur who heads a hi-tech research project called 'Avatar' has contacted billionaires to offer them immortality.

Itskov claims he will personally oversee their immortality process, in exchange for an undisclosed fee.

Itskov, a media entrepreneur, claims to have hired 30 scientists to reach this goal - and aims to transplant a human brain into a robot body within 10 years. 

'You have the ability to finance the extension of your own life up to immortality. Our civilization has come very close to the creation of such technologies: it's not a science fiction fantasy. It is in your power to make sure that this goal will be achieved in your lifetime,' says Itskov in a letter delivered to billionaires listed in Forbes magazine. 

Eternal life? Iskov, a media entrepreneur, claims to have hired 30 scientists to reach this goal - and aims to transplant a human brain into a robot body within 10 years

Eternal life? Iskov, a media entrepreneur, claims to have hired 30 scientists to reach this goal - and aims to transplant a human brain into a robot body within 10 years

He has contacted a list of billionaires with a proposal for funding his quest for immortality - which Itskov refers to as 'cybernetic immortality' and the 'artificial body'.

The initiative is opening its San Francisco office this summer, and will be launching a social media project connecting scientists around the world. 

'The 2045 team is working towards creating an international research center where leading scientists will be engaged in research and development in the fields of anthropomorphic robotics, living systems modeling and brain and consciousness modeling with the goal of transferring one’s individual consciousness to an artificial carrier and achieving cybernetic immortality,' says Itskov's official site.

I see that, mixed with the whole Tower of Babel concept.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service