Adventist Online

What is your opinion on the Church disfellowshipping a member because of pregnancy outside of marriage?

From a personal standpoint, all of us have sinned and come short of the glory of God and to disfellowship a member because of pregnancy is throwing them back into the world instead of loving them and encouraging them in their spiritual life and recommitting themselves back to the Lord. Don't take me wrong, I am not encouraging the sin!!!

Views: 940

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And of course you know that she refused to repent right? Why do you think that she has no remorse? She has been open about her mistake, the church went too far and could have caused someone to lose all hope amd their soul.
To Alexander: I think before replying, you should've read the whole thread!
Ooohhh, I guess you are spotless!

God Bless u too, Mercedez!
Alexander, three different people have pointed out that you have not been correct. And yet you believe that all three of us are wrong? I find it hard to understand your logic.
No, you are wrong. You did not qualify you post. All you did was condemn without a cause. It is your response that is arrogant and unkind. You are once again judging her by and accusing her of not trusting in the Lord. Shame on you.

None of us are spotless. To condemn Mercedez because she is not "spotless" is unforgiveable. We should not be pointing fingers or condemning our fellow brethern.

"God will charge those who unwisely expose the mistakes of their brethren with sin of far greater magnitude than He will charge the one who makes a misstep. Criticism and condemnation of the brethren are counted as criticism and condemnation of Christ."   --Letter 48, 1894. {3SM 345.2}

Thank u. Ezra!

when Alex?

When?

Time and place.

do you not think this is important?

Who and Whom Alex?

Do you not think this is important?

Yes, YOU should judge YOU.

Don't you think this is important?

Don't you think that taking isolated texts out of context will get one in trouble?

Jesus in John 8:15   "Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man."

mudslinging will not help ones' cause.
spiritual things are spiritually discerned.

It SINNERS that need to be in church.

If you aren't a sinner ... stay at home.

This really is the wrong attitude Alexander. Where would this race be had God taken that position. If he had cut us loose and given us over to satan, what a sad state of affairs we would have.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service