Adventist Online

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

In olden days wars were fought with spears, swords etc.

In these days wars are fought with missiles, bombs chemical weapons, guns etc

Questions

1. Armageddon., literal or symolic

In the end time war attempt at the Holy City what kind of weapons will satan use?

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thank you Redva

blessed Sabbath to every one. The batle of Armageddon is is spiritual and mentally warfare. 

So Benicio, do you believe the second coming is spiritual or mental; can you prove this notion?

Remember this is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass. One of these depict the actual return of Jesus.

Revelation 19:11 says,

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war….  14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

I think we can say the white horses are symbolic to how Jesus return, but there is no question of that return.

Matthew 25:31

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Matthew 24:31

And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

I think we have established the coming of Jesus; the second coming is an actual event.

Ok, reading Revelation 19:11 again, a purpose of his coming is revealed.

…he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war…

Jesus will make war against those will try to interfere with this plan.

The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth."

This is not a spiritual or mental war, it will be as real as the second coming.

19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

The question is, do you believe your bible, Benicio?

“Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who remains awake and clothed, so that he will not go naked and let his shame be exposed.” 16And they assembled the kings in the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.…”

No. the second coming is visual and audio. Not spiritual and also not mentally.

But the battle of Armageddon is spiritually, a battle for the mine.

Satan wont control your mind, he wont the control of your mind. Look, Satan's is to make most powerful efforts for the mastery of mind. The faith on the individual members of the church will be test, my brother.

There will be fiscal bom in that day? Can be! "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;" Now Gene do you literally believe that Jesus will come upon a "horse"?  

Well said, Brother Benicio

Benicio, I did note the white horse in commentary by saying

I think we can say the white horses are symbolic to how Jesus return, but there is no question of that return.

You can’t say Jesus return will be visual and audible, and yet deny the other events relating to it.

And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Generally speaking, when people get angry, they want to fight. Here we are told, “the nations were”. Angry

God tell us everything, He’s true to His word;

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass.

Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, assembled to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

John says this because God show him those things which must shortly come to pass.

OK, It is the mied up with  Spiritualism, and the church and state alliance fighting against - seeking alleigence, from the people of God Benicio.

Sister I will post excerpts from an article which may help clear your mind on this 'confusing' subject 

The word "Armageddon" comes from two Hebrew words: Har, meaning "mountain," and mageddon, meaning "Megido," that is, Mount Megiddo. There is no Mount Megiddo in the Middle East or anywhere else in the world. However, the Valley of Megiddo in Israel is located near Mount Carmel where Elijah confronted the priests of Baal nearly 3,000 years ago.

Thousands of years ago, a powerful angel named Lucifer, now called Satan, rebelled against God, and he gained a huge following among heaven's angels. Satan and his followers were expelled from heaven and cast to the earth (Revelation 12:9), and their struggle against God has continued on Earth ever since.

Armageddon will simply be the final battle in that conflict. 

Here is one of Revelation's most important statements that helps to clarify what Armageddon is about. "The dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring" (Revelation 12:17).

The dragon is a symbol for Satan—the devil. The woman and her offspring represent "those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus" (verse 17). So this war is between Satan and God's people. Of course, Satan does not personally attack God's people in this war. He attacks them through his surrogates on earth, especially earth's political and religious powers that are opposed to God and His truth.

John went on to say that people all over the world will follow this beast. They will ask, " 'Who is like the beast? Who can make war against him?'" (verse 4). This beast is invincible! Or is it? Revelation says this beast was "given power to make war against the saints" (verse 7).

Revelation says that the 10 horns on this beast represent 10 kings " 'who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast'" (Revelation 17:12). 

Now note this: Revelation says that these kings—the nations of the world— will "make war against the Lamb" (verse 14). The "Lamb" is a symbol of Jesus Christ. So the beast and the nations of the world will join the devil on one side, while Jesus will be on the other. However, since Christ's second coming is still in the future at this point in Revelation, their attack will not be on Him personally. They will attack Him in the person of His saints. So are God's people doomed? Not at all. Verse 14 says that "the Lamb will overcome them [earth's nations] because he is Lord of lords and King of kings."

Christ's actual victory over earth's rebellious political and religious powers is described in Revelation 19, and here Jesus Christ personally joins the battle. 

On the other side, John says that "the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army" (chapter 19:19). This is the battle of Armageddon, and it's also a symbolic description of Christ's second coming. The striking thing about Revelation's description is that when Christ returns to our world, the Bible says that the world's leaders and their armies will try to defeat Him.

Armageddon is simply the final battle in a war that's been going on ever since time began on our planet. And it isn't just a war for control of our planet. It's a war for the control of your mind and mine. Satan and Jesus are both trying to win us to their side. For thousands of years, Satan has tried desperately to compel people to join his side. He especially uses earth's political powers to try to force us into yielding to him.

Jesus will never do that. Those who join His side will do so by their own free choice, unfettered by any compulsion on His part. 

link

Jason,

We know that there is a lot of symbolism in the book of Revelation; the beast, the Lamb which represent Jesus and so forth. But the fact that Jesus is coming again is not symbolic, nor are the event on earth that will take place before and even after his return; for example, Palms 46

8Come, see the works of the LORD, who brings devastation upon the earth. 9He makes wars to cease throughout the earth; He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; He burns the shields in the fire. 10“Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted over the earth.”…

The bible says “Come, see the works of the LORD”. This is not some mental review, but are actual points of view.

He makes wars to cease throughout the earth;

The war of Armageddon is also not some mental exercise of the mind.

14These are demonic spirits that perform signs and go out to all the kings of the earth, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God, the Almighty. …

16And they assembled the kings in the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.…

The kings of the earth are not in your mind. They are gathered in a particular place; for battle on the great day of God, the Almighty

There is no question that a spiritual battle is being waged against the human race, the bible tells us.

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

It is these spiritual forces of evil which conspire with these earthly kings to gather for the purpose of battle.

The author says,

“And it isn't just a war for control of our planet. It's a war for the control of your mind and mine. Satan and Jesus are both trying to win us to their side.”

The author fails to understand, Jesus is not trying to save the world, that has already been done.  The next phase of the work is to put down all the enemies of God.

…For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

I have that understanding already Jason, I guess there was a mi up with the armageddon and the final launch  attack of satan on the Holy City at the third coming of Jesus. Thanks much.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service