Adventist Online

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

In olden days wars were fought with spears, swords etc.

In these days wars are fought with missiles, bombs chemical weapons, guns etc

Questions

1. Armageddon., literal or symolic

In the end time war attempt at the Holy City what kind of weapons will satan use?

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GENE, why I am asking, is because in my 25 years in the SDAC I have not come across anyone with such outlandish ideas about what the Bible says. I do prefer the writings of EGW to your ideas that you seem to be quite alone to have. 

And a zombie apocalypse of resurrected dead folks is not, what is you definition of outlandish?

Reply by Gene 5 minutes ago

And a zombie apocalypse of resurrected dead folks is not, what is you definition of outlandish?

Let us choose our words carefully. Let thee be peace on these pages and let it begin with me, you, him, her. 

I am seen some mi up here.

When Jesus comes the second time, those who died in the 

I am seeing some mixing up here.

When JESUS comes, the scriptures sayes this:

1 Thessalonians 4:14 to 17

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2 Thessalonians 2:8

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The Summary as I understand it from the scriptures

The righteous dead will resurrect and be caught up with the righteous who are alive.

The brightness of Christ coming will slay the wicked

the saint in Heaven with the Lord for 1000 years

The rest of person are dead on the earth

Satan will have no one to harass, tempt, seduce etc so he will be bound by this situation.

At the third coming, the Holy City will descend, sation and his army will seek to attack it and fire will come down from heaven and destroy them all.

Redv,

How will God of Jesus judge? The bible say’s

but with righteousness He will judge the poor, and with equity He will decide in favor of the earth's oppressed. He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth and slay the wicked with the breath of His lips.

And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Some of the other bibles says,  … then the lawless one will be revealed or the Wicked One will be revealed.

Obviously “one” or “that wicked” is not inclusive to all. So that wicked one or the lawless one that has caused evil to exist in this world will be revealed and destroyed.

This doesn’t suggest that all will be killed and nor does it suggest that many will not. Understand that Christ is coming back to rule the world.

Rev. 19:15 And from His mouth proceeds a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and He will rule them with an iron scepter.

There are many verses which says the same thing concerning Christ rule over earth:

26And to the one who is victorious and continues in My work until the end, I will give authority over the nations. 27He will rule them with an iron scepter and shatter them like pottery— just as I have received authority from My Father. 28And I will give him the morning star.…

Those given the morning star will rule just as Christ rule over the nations. This will all happen during the 1000-year reign. Speaking of those who reign with Christ at this time, Revelation 5:10 says

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Now, going back to the wicked. Personally, I think wickedness is a condition which allow evil to exist. With that Wicked destroyed, evil will have no place. This is not to say that there aren’t those who is condition to do evil. Isaiah 11:4 speaks to this

Christian Standard Bible

but he will judge the poor righteously and execute justice for the oppressed of the land. He will strike the land with a scepter from his mouth, and he will kill the wicked with a command from his lips.

Contemporary English Version

The poor and the needy will be treated with fairness and with justice. His word will be law everywhere in the land, and criminals will be put to death.

Good News Translation

he will judge the poor fairly and defend the rights of the helpless. At his command the people will be punished, and evil persons will die.

NET Bible

He will treat the poor fairly, and make right decisions for the downtrodden of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and order the wicked to be executed.

Yes, the wicked will be killed, but truth be told, Christ is coming back to Rule!

Some of the other bibles says,  … then the lawless one will be revealed or the Wicked One will be revealed.

Obviously “one” or “that wicked” is not inclusive to all. So that wicked one or the lawless one that has caused evil to exist in this world will be revealed and destroyed.

This doesn’t suggest that all will be killed and nor does it suggest that many will not. Understand that Christ is coming back to rule the world.

I note carefully the point you argued above which I underlined. I am even going to give it a second thought. the scripture declares in  Nahum 1:9 

"What do ye imagine against the Lord? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time."

Also

Malachi 4:1 

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Hi Redva,

Your initial question concerning Armageddon I tend to hold as a real event.  Mainly because I believe that Jesus is coming back to rule and govern the world as in Psalm 9:8 and many other scriptures.

Berean Study Bible

He judges the world with justice; He will govern the people with equity.

Because of this, I believe there are forces in this world that seek to prevent Christ coming.

These are demonic spirits that perform signs and go out to all the kings of the earth, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God, the Almighty.

SDA do not hold the view that Jesus is coming to rule or reign over the world, but to destroy it and leave it in desolation. Therefore, the Armageddon scene it placed in a spiritual, mental symbolic parameter.

Many people whom I have dialogue with on the site know I hold this view, that Jesus will setup the government of God during the 1000-year period. For me, the bible clearly shows this. However, I did not always see this. So, if anyone ask me, this is what I tell them; this is the gospel, this is the good news.

Psalm 96: 10 Declare among the nations: “The LORD reigns.” The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved; He judges the peoples with equity. 11Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice; let the sea resound, and all that fills it. 12Let the fields exult, and all that is in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy 13before the LORD, for He is coming—He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in His faithfulness.…

????

By their fruit you shall know them.

Check the fruit.

Thanks, very Interesting Bro. Gene, will check it further

Thanks for your enlightening response Bro. Gene

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members: