Adventist Online

A Woman is Beautiful when she is submissive to her Husband or when she has a SUBMISSIVE attitude.

1 Peter 3:5-65 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear. NIV

1 Peter 3:3-5
3 Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.Holy Bible, New Living Translation

Ps 45:1111 For your royal husband delights in your beauty;honor him, for he is your lord. Holy Bible, New Living Translation

Prov 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. NIV

This is  what happens ot those with only external beauty 

Ezek 16:15-16
15 "'But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. You lavished your favors on anyone who passed by and your beauty became his.   16 You took some of your garments to make gaudy high places, where you carried on your prostitution. Such things should not happen, nor should they ever occur.NIV

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why are you all responding to this?
I  am done with  it .
I agree with all you said brother, as is comformed from the word of God. I noticed you have had a couple of discussions about women. You are keeping your eyes peeled for the girl the Lord brings you I think. :) sorry if this message comes up inna weird format. It's from my iPad.
Don't you have something better to do with your time? ?

jason,

what makes a women beautiful is the heart, and does she reflect the love of Jesus in her heart.  all the women from the past, present and future are priceless, extremely beautiful and majestically made period.

did i forget something? i rest my case again. Jason dont ask the ladies their opinions that submission equals their beauty, just go to the book of solomon, and he'll be happy to share you his thoughts on uhmmm beauty. 

sir james

I did not twist any words lol, I took it straight from the bible. Now concerning virgins I have no command of the Lord, but I give an opinion as one who by the mercy of the Lord is trustworthy, they should have a submissive spirit or attitude,  self-control, gentle, meek, temperate in all things.
I have to agree 100% about women in general of today. It bothers me to hear course, loud, rough-sounding and harsh: raucous voices. And they speak to children. So sad.. Sooooo sad.
There is much truth in what you said brother
Please do not misunderstand Stacey.Beauty is something so much cherished.A submissive woman posseses good character which is so much cherished by the husband and as a result she is a beautiful woman 

I am just telling you what the bible said, Women have to be submissive even if they are different in their personalities. The bible also said in 1 Tim 2:10 10 For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do. (Holy Bible, New Living Translation). Women should never be Pastors or Elders. 1 Tim 2:11-13 11 Women should learn quietly and submissively. 12 I do not let women teach men or have authority over them. Let them listen quietly. (Holy Bible, New Living Translation).  Since the first sin committed was done by a Lady. 1 Tim 2:14-15 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result. Holy Bible, New Living Translation.

The bible told us that women will find her greatest satisfaction and meaning in life, not in seeking the male role, but in fulfilling God’s design for her as wife and mother with all “faith, love, and holiness with propriety”   1 Tim 2:15 15 But women will be saved through childbearing, assuming they continue to live in faith, love, holiness, and modesty. Holy Bible, New Living Translation

You  ask; what about the man, should he take advantage a woman because she is submissive? The answer is NO. Men are to love their wife just as Christ loved the church and Died for HER. Eph 5:25-26  25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her .  Holy Bible, New Living Translation.

If you read this text carefully you would observe that Christ (via Saul) commanded   wives to first , submit to their husband  then Husbands would be able to love them and die for them. Eph 5:22-26 22 For wives, this means submit your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. 24 As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything. 25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her. Holy Bible, New Living Translation

Why do you think that there are so many divorces these days?? Women don’t want to submit to their husbands and call them lord. A husband cannot love his wife if she wants to usurp his authority. Adam tried to Love his wife unconditionally and see what happened; we are all cursed with sin. So now the condition for a marriage to work is wives being submissive. Sin entered the world when a Lady commanded a Man to do something, in this case, to eat a fruit .

1 Tim 3:1-11

This is a trustworthy saying: "If someone aspires to be an elder, he desires an honorable position." 2 So an elder must be a man whose life is above reproach. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exercise self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must be able to teach. 3 He must not be a heavy drinker or be violent. He must be gentle, not quarrelsome, and not love money. 4 He must manage his own family well, having children who respect and obey him. 5 For if a man cannot manage his own household, how can he take care of God's church?

6 An elder must not be a new believer, because he might become proud, and the devil would cause him to fall. 7 Also, people outside the church must speak well of him so that he will not be disgraced and fall into the devil's trap.

8 In the same way, deacons must be well respected and have integrity. They must not be heavy drinkers or dishonest with money. 9 They must be committed to the mystery of the faith now revealed and must live with a clear conscience. 10 Before they are appointed as deacons, let them be closely examined. If they pass the test, then let them serve as deacons.

11 In the same way, their wives must be respected and must not slander others. They must exercise self-control and be faithful in everything they do.

Holy Bible, New Living Translation 

Just Curious (not trying to insult you, just trying to figure out something)...are you married?

but why would you envisage your question being an insult to me ?? checkout my profile for the answer. Furthermore here is what the Apostle said about this  1 Cor 7:77 I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.NIV

1 Cor 7:32-33
32 I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord's affairs — how he can please the Lord. 33 But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world — how he can please his wifeNIV

A few Single people in the bible by Mogama 

Before we downgrade or downplay the place of single people in the Church, let's take a quick look at some 19 outstanding singles of the Bible who are role models for the single life:

Miriam was the senior sister of Moses, who helped her prominent prophet brother with some aspects of leading the people of Israel. Miriam helped organize Israelite women into the first choir recorded in the Bible.

Elijah became the most influential prophet of Israel after the Israelite monarchy was split into two kingdoms, the Kingdom of Israel in the north and the Kingdom of Judah in the south. Elijah was the national prophet to the northern kingdom. Elijah is distinguished as one of only two individuals in the Bible who went to Heaven without dying physically.

Elisha was mentored by Elijah, and he succeeded Elijah as prophet to the Kingdom of Israel. Unlike his predecessor, who was a man of the wild, Elisha freely associated with everyday people. His many miracles resemble the later miracles of Jesus. Elisha was probably the most Christ-like prophet of the Old Testament. He practiced New Testament virtues like giving your enemy food and water.

Jeremiah was specifically ordered by Yahweh not to marry. He preached for about 50 years, leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonian army.

Daniel was one of a handful of people in Scripture of whom nothing negative is said. Like Joseph before him, Daniel became a master of dreams with prophetic overtones. The book named after him has become indispensable to students and scholars of Bible prophecy. And children at church remember the story of "Daniel in the Lions' Den".

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, commonly known as "the three Hebrew boys" displayed brave and courageous devotion to Yahweh in the face of death by burning. The three youngsters were miraculously delivered by God from King Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace.

John the Baptist was cousin to Jesus and six months Jesus' senior. John was much like Elijah -- removed from people and very pointed and confrontational in his preaching. His purpose in life was to prepare the nation of Israel for the arrival of the Messiah, and to introduce the Savior to the world. His greatest honor was to baptize Jesus Christ in the Jordan River.

The Apostle John may have been single, because there is no mention of his wife. He authored five books and letters of the New Testament, including the Gospel of John and the prophetic book of Revelation, the last book of the Bible. His main themes were truth, light, and love. He became known as the Apostle of Love. Before Jesus died on the cross, He left His mother Mary in the care of John, who became the last of the New Testament apostles to die.

Mary Magdalene was a single woman who supported the ministry of Jesus all the way. She was the first individual Jesus appeared to after He rose from the dead, and she was first to report the news of Christ's resurrection to the apostles. Some call her the first evangelist.

Lazarus and his sisters Mary and Martha were probably unmarried. These siblings remained devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Of course, Lazarus became famous as the guy whom Jesus brought back from the dead after he'd been dead for 4 days, the miracle which precipitated the arrest and murder of Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul was by far the most accomplished Christian of the New Testament, surpassing even the apostles who physically walked with Jesus Christ. He wrote half of the New Testament's 27 books and letters, and he became the most successful missionary and church planter. Without Paul, the faith that Jesus introduced would have probably remained little more than a sect within Judaism. Paul made Christianity a universal faith by taking the Gospel to the Gentiles.

Barnabas was the man credited with being the first to accept Paul, while the Church was still skeptical of Paul, who used to harass and kill Christians before he was converted. Barnabas mentored Paul, gave him credibility, and went with Paul on the first missionary journey, when the two men planted several churches among the Gentiles.

Timothy became Paul's most trusted spiritual son. Timothy was the biracial son of a Greek father and a Jewish mother. As a youth, Timothy became an able Christian leader, who pastored the famous Church of Ephesus, the same church pastored by John the Beloved, the same church where Mary the mother of Jesus was member.

Lydia was a wealthy business woman, who accommodated Paul and his missionary team in the city of Philippi, where Paul planted the most mission-minded church of his career. Lydia became a charter member of the Philippian Church, and she was probably a leader there.

Jesus Christ remains the most famous single ever. He is the #1 role model of what it means to live the single life. The Church, which is the movement that Christ founded, needs to remember that our Founder was a single man. This historical fact should motivate every church to find ways to make singles an important part of the ministry, rather than unintentionally sideline singles in our good efforts to promote marriage.

This list doesn't even include Naomi and Anna, widows who remained single for the rest of their lives. Singles deserve our respect, not our suspicion and sympathy.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service