Adventist Online

What was Jesus Gospel?

The gospel of Jesus, one in which he preached himself, was not a message about him, but a message about the Father's own vision.

Mark 1:14

And after that John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15And saying: The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.

Repent and believe the good news about the coming kingdom of God.  This is the same kingdom he admonished his disciple to pray for.

Matthew 6:9

So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Jesus message is the good news of God's coming kingdom. God’s Will, will be done on earth as it is done now in heaven.

Surely this is good news!  It’s not about human being going to heaven, it’s about the kingdom of God administering the Will of God in earth so all the world can see.

Human being need this, it will be the greatest news ever!  But how will the kingdom of God be administered, and who will administer it?  The book of Daniel gives us some insight on this and says,

Daniel 7:27

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The greatness of the kingdoms under all of heaven (not in heaven) will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

When the kingdom of God comes, at the second coming, the holy ones of the Most High will administer the will of God in all the earth, for all the kingdoms under all of heaven will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

Satan is the god of this world now, but Jesus has prophesied his future.

John 12:31

Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.

This hasn’t happened yet, but Jesus say when it does the prince of this world will be cast out. It will happen when Jesus come.

Psalm 96:11

Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof.12Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice 13Before the LORD: for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

The whole creation understands the gospel of Jesus, so should we!

The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel!

Views: 914

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

James wrote: "What about those humans that will be deceived? If I understand your religion correctly, those are supposedly the wicked who are raised from the dead in the resurrection of the unjust?"

Brother James, can we agree that when Jesus comes He's coming for the righteous saints? Can we agree that there will be two types of people, righteous and wicked, wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish, sheep and goat, the Just and unjust ?

Having and agreeing on this basic understanding is essential in understanding SDA teaching in regards to this subject. Also there are only two roads to go, the road to righteousness or the road to destruction. The Bible is so clear on this a babe could understand.

With that being understood, your question can be answered, what about the humans that will be deceived? Well, the righteous saints who accept Jesus and worship GOD in Spirit and in Truth will have knowledge, especially in the time of the Latter rain. So if a person is deceived when Jesus comes it's because they didn't accept or apply the message they were given. Many will say Lord didn't we do things in your name and He's going to say I knew you not. So only GOD knows.

Again, there are only two categories when Jesus comes James, the living righteous will take flight into the air, join with the righteous dead that comes up in the first resurrection and Jesus then go to the heavenly mansions that Jesus prepared.

If a person is not in the air, then unfortunately they wasn't saved and will be considered a goat, tare, bad fish, unjust, wicked... and they will die by the brightness of Jesus' coming. Then all of them along with all the wicked since beginning of earths history will rise in the second resurrection after the 1000 years which is unto death, and then they all go to the lake of fire.

There is no third category of people, the Bible doesn't teach that... The Bible teaches wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish, just and unjust, righteous and wicked, sheep and goat, road to righteousness and road to destruction.

James wrote: "If that is so, why would God raise up them if they are already dead before the great last battle?"

When you say "them" your talking about the wicked right? All I know is the unjust will raise up in the second resurrection which is after the 1000 years. You want to know why GOD is going to do it, simply, because HE said HE will. Also, that the unjust can understand why their in that situation.

There is no human on earth for 1000 years, the whole earth is desolate brother James.

Jer. 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

The coming of Jesus is going to leave the whole earth desolate. Why are you trying to make it look like humans will be on earth after the presence of the Lord? The Bible clearly teaches differently.

Blessings!

I disagree; The total destruction of the earth comes after the millennium, when:

Rev. 21: " 22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.  23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.  24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.  25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.  26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.  27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

and previous to that:

Rev: 21 "1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

During the Millennial 1000 years, people will live and die in that period.

Isaiah 65: "

17 ¶ For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.g  18But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.  19And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.  20There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.  21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.  22They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.h  23They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.  24And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.  25The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."

After the Devil and the deceived people war against God in the final battle, then they are all destroyed by fire, then their judgment and thrown in the Lake of Fire, and then the Kingdom of God will be complete and eternal. No evil, no death, no disease or war.

What about the two witnesses in The Book of Revelation, what purpose is it to witness to people that have no salvation available to them as you suppose?

What about the people that do not take the mark of the beast and die or are in hiding for their beliefs? Jesus returns for the gathering together after the Great Tribulation, and establishes the 1000 year Millennial Kingdom on earth. Jesus Christ returns to earth with his saints to bring Satan's Kingdom eventually to an end in the Lake of Fire. God provides a way of salvation and grace in every period of time of man's existence. If you are living in this time period, the church epistles are precedent. But the King of Kings will rule from the sanctuary and City of Jerusalem during the 1000 years. Who is it that won't be deceived until he is loosed for a season to deceive the nations when the nations (Greek; Ethos; people, races, tribes) will be deceived?

I believe that God's mercy and salvation was/is available in every dispensation/administration as he stewards the administrations of the ages of his family and household, The Famoly of God.

Indeed James God's mercy and salvation are and were available to every dispensation, that newer changes. Because God is the same today as He was when He created the earth. 

What you seem to differ from the SDA theology is that you throw in a second chance, we believe every single human being that ever was and is will have their chance at salvation, and as long as they are alive that chance does exist for them. But when they are dead the chance is gone, should they not have committed to the Lord.   

Now concerning the Two Witnesses, I am not sure how you understand who they are?   

Peace

James wrote: "What about the people that do not take the mark of the beast and die or are in hiding for their beliefs? Jesus returns for the gathering together after the Great Tribulation, and establishes the 1000 year Millennial Kingdom on earth."

Those who die in Christ before Great tribulation will rise in Christ in the first resurrection. But before the great tribulation there is a time of final ingathering, "all" the nations will be able to hear the Gospel with a loud cry, GOD will make sure the world will hear and have the opportunity to choose Life or death.

Do you agree the Gospel will be preached to "all" the nations before the 7 last plagues?

With your belief brother James, do you believe during the 1000 years that Jesus the King will be and rule here from earth?

Blessings!

I’m going to disagree with this statement.  I do agree that God’s mercy has been visible to every dispensation, but salvation has not.

God’s plan of salvation for humanity has been forever since Adam’s fall.

Gen.3:15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

But salvation had not been given to the world until the coming of Jesus into the world. Jesus began his ministry proclaiming the good news by saying;

…The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!”…

The coming of Jesus fulfilled the time in God’s plan of salvation, because Jesus is the door for salvation, Jesus is the only way to salvation.

Jn. 14:6 Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Was there another Jesus before this period?  If not, what you’re suggesting cannot be true.

Gal. 4:4 says,

4But when the time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5to redeem those under the Law, that we might receive our adoption as sons.…

Salvation has always been a vision of God, but how is God saving the world. How will God save those who were not called as Abraham?

When a person dies in unbelief in God and His Kingdom, his chance for salvation ended, irregardless of administration. A person has their period of being cognent and alive to believe. In their lifetime every day alive is another day to accept the truth or not.

James said: When a person dies in unbelief in God and His Kingdom, his chance for salvation ended, irregardless of administration. A person has their period of being cognent and alive to believe. In their lifetime every day alive is another day to accept the truth or not.

Yes, I agree with that statement James every day we are alive we have the chance to enter the Kingdom of God, when we are dead there is no more a chance. Unlike our friend Gene who insists that there is no end to chances.  

Peace

Ian wrote: "Yes, I agree with that statement James every day we are alive we have the chance to enter the Kingdom of God, when we are dead there is no more a chance. Unlike our friend Gene who insists that there is no end to chances."

Brother Ian, I agree as well.. Brother Gene does believe there is a end to changes, he believes it's after the 1000 years. Of course we believe it's before the 1000 years, and specifically right before the 7 last plagues.

Brother Gene believes when Jesus comes there will be some type of utopia on earth, and humans with Jesus is ruling (It's a JW and H.Armstrong teaching).The Bible teaches the earth will be desolate, no man. Let's look at it again for brother Gene.

Jer. 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

The coming of Jesus is going to leave the whole earth desolate. Why are you trying to make it look like humans will be on earth after the presence of the Lord? The Bible clearly teaches differently.

Let reason together, when do you believe is this time Jeremiah beholds the earth, when there is no humans, and desolate?

Sounds familiar brother Gene? Only time I can recall this description is during creation, when ironically there was no man then. But in Jeremiah it's referring to the time of the presence of the Lord, when that happens the earth is left desolate, earth without form and void, the sun isn't giving light.

Gene said: "Jeremiah [sees] all the cities thereof were broken down. (New York, Washington DC, Paris, London, Jerusalem)." (Brackets are mine)

Gene you believe Jeremiah has a view of the whole earth, you believe it's from NY to Paris to Jerusalem... Of course if you go that far then you have to believe it stretches to Russia, China , India, etc... The Bible says "All" the cites will be broken down.

Once again, if your living and not in the air when Jesus comes, then you die by the brightness of His coming, the presence of the Lord.
When this happens there is no man on earth, the sun isn't giving light, the earth is without form and void. It will be that way for a 1000 years, then after the 1000 years the City of GOD comes down and the wicked dead comes up in the second resurrection.
So the only time of Jeremiah's vision has to be is during the 1000 years, it's the only place it fits. Earth is desolate and no man brother Gene.. You want me to believe there is man on earth. I'm going with the Bible on this. But hey if you want to teach something different from the Bible then go ahead, I don't recommend it, but to each their own.

Blessings!

I would say again, that beliefs are generally sociological and cultural. Is God saving the world, and is He doing it by a chance one gets the truth or not? When Jesus was talking with the disciples, he told them;

MK.4:10As soon as Jesus was alone with the Twelve and those around Him, they asked Him about the parable. 11And He told them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside, everything is expressed in parables…

Jesus then explained the reasoning of this.

12so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’”…

The mystery is, the world is not now being giving knowledge. In Jn.17, Jesus did not pray for the world.

I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours…

Jesus prayed for the disciples, and others who would believe.

20“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message…

Those who believe also become disciples.  Has Jesus abandoned the world? No, the world opportunity will come when Jesus return.

21May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

The reality of this will be fulfilled in the millennium. The world will then know that the Messiah and the saints of God  are ruling the world.

God’s plan of salvation of the world is not depended upon chance, it depended upon God’s will.

…3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Peace

Brother Gene, again, your going what you believe is truth, not that is truth.. Yes, you do post verses that are true, but your time line is wrong. The 1000 years the earth is desolate.

Let reason together, when do you believe is this time Jeremiah beholds the earth, when there is no humans, and desolate?

Sounds familiar brother Gene? Only time I can recall this description is during creation, when ironically there was no man then. But in Jeremiah it's referring to the time of the presence of the Lord, when that happens the earth is left desolate, earth without form and void, the sun isn't giving light.

Gene said: "Jeremiah [sees] all the cities thereof were broken down. (New York, Washington DC, Paris, London, Jerusalem)." (Brackets are mine)

Gene you believe Jeremiah has a view of the whole earth, you believe it's from NY to Paris to Jerusalem... Of course if you go that far then you have to believe it stretches to Russia, China , India, etc... The Bible says "All" the cites will be broken down.

Hey, believe what you want... I'll stick with SDA doctrine, Biblical doctrine. Thanks!

Blessings!

Reasoning said,

…What's in Bible is that the Gospel will be preached to "All" nations/people.

Actually, you forgot something, it says,

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

See, Jesus was speaking, and talking about the good news he was sent to proclaim.

43But Jesus told them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well, because that is why I was sent.”

The preaching of the good news of the kingdom is the witness; I’m preaching it here, and to you. Daniel preached it, he said dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy. Jesus says, “Repent and believe the good news”.  Repent means to change your thinking, and start believing the gospel of Jesus.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service