Adventist Online

What was Jesus Gospel?

The gospel of Jesus, one in which he preached himself, was not a message about him, but a message about the Father's own vision.

Mark 1:14

And after that John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15And saying: The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.

Repent and believe the good news about the coming kingdom of God.  This is the same kingdom he admonished his disciple to pray for.

Matthew 6:9

So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Jesus message is the good news of God's coming kingdom. God’s Will, will be done on earth as it is done now in heaven.

Surely this is good news!  It’s not about human being going to heaven, it’s about the kingdom of God administering the Will of God in earth so all the world can see.

Human being need this, it will be the greatest news ever!  But how will the kingdom of God be administered, and who will administer it?  The book of Daniel gives us some insight on this and says,

Daniel 7:27

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The greatness of the kingdoms under all of heaven (not in heaven) will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

When the kingdom of God comes, at the second coming, the holy ones of the Most High will administer the will of God in all the earth, for all the kingdoms under all of heaven will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

Satan is the god of this world now, but Jesus has prophesied his future.

John 12:31

Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.

This hasn’t happened yet, but Jesus say when it does the prince of this world will be cast out. It will happen when Jesus come.

Psalm 96:11

Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof.12Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice 13Before the LORD: for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

The whole creation understands the gospel of Jesus, so should we!

The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel!

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peace

Gene wrote: "Reasoning do you really believe that salvation of the world hangs on a chance? Beliefs' are sociological and cultural driven. If one is of another cultural, let say Islam, there's a 50/50 chance, maybe that one is going to believe in Jesus the way you do, if at all. And if one doesn't per chance believe in Jesus as so, are you telling me it over for them?"
God must have a better plan than that."

:) Now you want to play on words? You don't like the word chance brother Gene, how bout last opportunity, if we die before Jesus comes, I pray we're among the righteous dead to come up in the first resurrection.. But at death that's our last opportunity to make sure we did all that we could do for the Glory of GOD. But only GOD knows those who will rise in the first resurrection.

The last opportunity for the world is the time of the final ingathering, the time the Gospel goes out with a Loud cry, the time of the latter rain. The Gospel will be preached with incredible power liken to the day of Pentecost, but much greater. All the nations will hear it, and a great multitude will respond to the call and come out and get on GOD'S side.

After this great harvest probation is closed for the world, (just like the days of Noah, once the ark door was close it was no hope for those outside of it.) then the 7 last plagues, then the coming of Jesus when all eyes can see Him.

So anyone living during the time of the 7 last plagues better pray their in the Ark of Jesus Christ.. But GOD gives all the nations of the world a last opportunity right before the last plagues, the final ingathering (Zech.14) will be that time..
Again, the verses you post in regards to the Kingdom and ruling the nations is the time of the final ingathering.

Your time line is wrong brother Gene, it's as simple as that. So at this point your going to believe what you want.

Gene wrote: "When they (those living under the kingdom of God) see, recognize and consider, they will know that the hand of the LORD has done this. This will be their judgment, now they know."

The Bible is saying they will "know" during the time of final ingathering, the time just before the 7 last plagues. GOD said the Gospel will be preached to "all" the nations/people, and you believe not all people will hear the Gospel before the 7 last plagues. Umm.. I'm going to go with the Bible on this brother Gene.

We agree, but disagree on the time line, the verses you post is the time of the final ingathering (Zech.14), the time when the Gospel goes out with a Loud cry, the Latter rain endows mainly the 144,000 to go out and gather GOD'S people in all the nations. Do you believe this happens before the 7 last plagues?

Take the verses you post and place them in that time line..

Again, the Bible says the Gospel will be preached to "all" the nations, all the people (on this side of the 1000 years) then the end will come. Everyone will know and have their opportunity to choose whom they will serve, will it be GOD or .... It's only two choices brother Gene, the Bible doesn't teach there is a third choice. The Bible doesn't say wheat and tares and those who didn't hear, just and unjust and those who didn't hear. That's not in the Bible. What's in Bible is that the Gospel will be preached to "All" nations/people.

Blessings!!

You have read to many "Left Behind" novels, James. And they are based on pure fiction. The Temple you talk about as Ezekiel describes will not be built by men. Some men hope it will be built so their second Chance Gospel may come true. But it is just so much fantasy. 

The Antichrist you are talking about is already here and sits in the temple of God. What is that temple? You may ask, It is God's people who will constitute the Temple as Living Stones!  

1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Elijah, you attack as always, I have not read such novels and do not believe in their premise. Again you make assumptions. You have not addressed or answered my questions as to the sanctuary in Ezekiel, as to when, to whom and what is the significance of that sanctuary? It is a physical structure, with measurements and layout etc., not referring to a spiritual temple. 

What about those humans that will be deceived? If I understand your religion correctly, those are supposedly the wicked who are raised from the dead in the resurrection of the unjust?

"The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections. During this time the wicked dead will be judged; the earth will be utterly desolate, without living human inhabitants, but occupied by Satan and his angels. At its close, Christ with His saints and the Holy City will descend from heaven to earth. The unrighteous dead will then be resurrected, and with Satan and his angels will surround the city; but fire from God will consume them and cleanse the earth. The universe will thus be freed of sin and sinners forever. (Rev. 20; 1 Cor. 6:2, 3; Jer. 4:23-26; Rev. 21:1-5; Mal. 4:1; Eze. 28:18, 19.)" From official SDA site.

If that is so, why would God raise up them if they are already dead before the great last battle? There is no indication of these things in scripture rightly divided, nor does it make sense as there is 1000 years between the first resurrection of the just, and that of the unjust. After the last wicked persons are killed, then the resurrection of the unjust would occur, to judge the wicked and then cast them into the Lake of Fire.

Revelation 20;"1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.  2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,  3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.  4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.  5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.  6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.  7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,  8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.  9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.  10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.  11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.  12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.  13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.  14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.  15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

There is only two resurrections; of the just first, and then the unjust at the end of the 1000 years after the Devil is released and deceives "The nations." That word nations means tribes, people, races. The Ezekiel sanctuary will stand and there will be people ministering there taking care of the duties and sanctuary, both Jews and Gentiles will be priests and keepers of the sanctuary, unlike the historical temples which only had Levites in the two temples. 

James, you are forgetting yourself you said you do not want to speak with me. Well, it may be as it may. 

I see you ask questions about the wicked dead. I wish I had an answer to this, but God does not reveal all his plans to us. In fact, there is some who will have to die 3 times did you know? Those who pierced Christ on the cross. So they will die the first time of old age. The second time when Christ comes for His saints. The third time when the wicked surrounds the Holy City in Rev. 20. How do we understand a Loving God doing such things? So we see there are just some things God will not explain to us feeble human beings. Talk about groundhog day.

There are only two deaths, the physical death, and the spiritual death, meaning not having eternal life. There are only two resurrections, of the just and the unjust, other than temporarily made alive like Lazareth, who eventually died a normal death after he was resurrected by Jesus. No one dies three times, unless you count that can happen in a hospital, with flat lining, but revived. But I think you mean totally dead, no one totally dies three times. 

Peace

James wrote: "What about those humans that will be deceived? If I understand your religion correctly, those are supposedly the wicked who are raised from the dead in the resurrection of the unjust?"

Brother James, can we agree that when Jesus comes He's coming for the righteous saints? Can we agree that there will be two types of people, righteous and wicked, wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish, sheep and goat, the Just and unjust ?

Having and agreeing on this basic understanding is essential in understanding SDA teaching in regards to this subject. Also there are only two roads to go, the road to righteousness or the road to destruction. The Bible is so clear on this a babe could understand.

With that being understood, your question can be answered, what about the humans that will be deceived? Well, the righteous saints who accept Jesus and worship GOD in Spirit and in Truth will have knowledge, especially in the time of the Latter rain. So if a person is deceived when Jesus comes it's because they didn't accept or apply the message they were given. Many will say Lord didn't we do things in your name and He's going to say I knew you not. So only GOD knows.

Again, there are only two categories when Jesus comes James, the living righteous will take flight into the air, join with the righteous dead that comes up in the first resurrection and Jesus then go to the heavenly mansions that Jesus prepared.

If a person is not in the air, then unfortunately they wasn't saved and will be considered a goat, tare, bad fish, unjust, wicked... and they will die by the brightness of Jesus' coming. Then all of them along with all the wicked since beginning of earths history will rise in the second resurrection after the 1000 years which is unto death, and then they all go to the lake of fire.

There is no third category of people, the Bible doesn't teach that... The Bible teaches wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish, just and unjust, righteous and wicked, sheep and goat, road to righteousness and road to destruction.

James wrote: "If that is so, why would God raise up them if they are already dead before the great last battle?"

When you say "them" your talking about the wicked right? All I know is the unjust will raise up in the second resurrection which is after the 1000 years. You want to know why GOD is going to do it, simply, because HE said HE will. Also, that the unjust can understand why their in that situation.

There is no human on earth for 1000 years, the whole earth is desolate brother James.

Jer. 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

The coming of Jesus is going to leave the whole earth desolate. Why are you trying to make it look like humans will be on earth after the presence of the Lord? The Bible clearly teaches differently.

Blessings!

I disagree; The total destruction of the earth comes after the millennium, when:

Rev. 21: " 22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.  23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.  24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.  25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.  26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.  27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life."

and previous to that:

Rev: 21 "1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.  3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

During the Millennial 1000 years, people will live and die in that period.

Isaiah 65: "

17 ¶ For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.g  18But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.  19And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.  20There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.  21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.  22They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.h  23They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.  24And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.  25The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."

After the Devil and the deceived people war against God in the final battle, then they are all destroyed by fire, then their judgment and thrown in the Lake of Fire, and then the Kingdom of God will be complete and eternal. No evil, no death, no disease or war.

What about the two witnesses in The Book of Revelation, what purpose is it to witness to people that have no salvation available to them as you suppose?

What about the people that do not take the mark of the beast and die or are in hiding for their beliefs? Jesus returns for the gathering together after the Great Tribulation, and establishes the 1000 year Millennial Kingdom on earth. Jesus Christ returns to earth with his saints to bring Satan's Kingdom eventually to an end in the Lake of Fire. God provides a way of salvation and grace in every period of time of man's existence. If you are living in this time period, the church epistles are precedent. But the King of Kings will rule from the sanctuary and City of Jerusalem during the 1000 years. Who is it that won't be deceived until he is loosed for a season to deceive the nations when the nations (Greek; Ethos; people, races, tribes) will be deceived?

I believe that God's mercy and salvation was/is available in every dispensation/administration as he stewards the administrations of the ages of his family and household, The Famoly of God.

Indeed James God's mercy and salvation are and were available to every dispensation, that newer changes. Because God is the same today as He was when He created the earth. 

What you seem to differ from the SDA theology is that you throw in a second chance, we believe every single human being that ever was and is will have their chance at salvation, and as long as they are alive that chance does exist for them. But when they are dead the chance is gone, should they not have committed to the Lord.   

Now concerning the Two Witnesses, I am not sure how you understand who they are?   

Peace

James wrote: "What about the people that do not take the mark of the beast and die or are in hiding for their beliefs? Jesus returns for the gathering together after the Great Tribulation, and establishes the 1000 year Millennial Kingdom on earth."

Those who die in Christ before Great tribulation will rise in Christ in the first resurrection. But before the great tribulation there is a time of final ingathering, "all" the nations will be able to hear the Gospel with a loud cry, GOD will make sure the world will hear and have the opportunity to choose Life or death.

Do you agree the Gospel will be preached to "all" the nations before the 7 last plagues?

With your belief brother James, do you believe during the 1000 years that Jesus the King will be and rule here from earth?

Blessings!

I’m going to disagree with this statement.  I do agree that God’s mercy has been visible to every dispensation, but salvation has not.

God’s plan of salvation for humanity has been forever since Adam’s fall.

Gen.3:15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

But salvation had not been given to the world until the coming of Jesus into the world. Jesus began his ministry proclaiming the good news by saying;

…The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!”…

The coming of Jesus fulfilled the time in God’s plan of salvation, because Jesus is the door for salvation, Jesus is the only way to salvation.

Jn. 14:6 Jesus saith to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Was there another Jesus before this period?  If not, what you’re suggesting cannot be true.

Gal. 4:4 says,

4But when the time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, 5to redeem those under the Law, that we might receive our adoption as sons.…

Salvation has always been a vision of God, but how is God saving the world. How will God save those who were not called as Abraham?

When a person dies in unbelief in God and His Kingdom, his chance for salvation ended, irregardless of administration. A person has their period of being cognent and alive to believe. In their lifetime every day alive is another day to accept the truth or not.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service