Adventist Online

What was Jesus Gospel?

The gospel of Jesus, one in which he preached himself, was not a message about him, but a message about the Father's own vision.

Mark 1:14

And after that John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15And saying: The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.

Repent and believe the good news about the coming kingdom of God.  This is the same kingdom he admonished his disciple to pray for.

Matthew 6:9

So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Jesus message is the good news of God's coming kingdom. God’s Will, will be done on earth as it is done now in heaven.

Surely this is good news!  It’s not about human being going to heaven, it’s about the kingdom of God administering the Will of God in earth so all the world can see.

Human being need this, it will be the greatest news ever!  But how will the kingdom of God be administered, and who will administer it?  The book of Daniel gives us some insight on this and says,

Daniel 7:27

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The greatness of the kingdoms under all of heaven (not in heaven) will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

When the kingdom of God comes, at the second coming, the holy ones of the Most High will administer the will of God in all the earth, for all the kingdoms under all of heaven will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

Satan is the god of this world now, but Jesus has prophesied his future.

John 12:31

Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.

This hasn’t happened yet, but Jesus say when it does the prince of this world will be cast out. It will happen when Jesus come.

Psalm 96:11

Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof.12Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice 13Before the LORD: for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

The whole creation understands the gospel of Jesus, so should we!

The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel!

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Elijah

What do you mean by chance and how is a chance determined? Some people live longer than other, does that mean they’ve had a better chance, and other have a less chance?  What do you mean by second chance?

Peace

Gene wrote: "What do you mean by chance and how is a chance determined? Some people live longer than other, does that mean they’ve had a better chance, and other have a less chance? What do you mean by second chance?"

Are you reading the post brother Gene? Let's try this again... Second chance theology is believing when Jesus comes when all eyes can see him, those who didn't get to know Jesus will have other opportunity to get right, other chance.. Hence the term second chance.

But the Bible teaches that before Jesus comes that everyone must make the calling of their election sure... No worries, the Gospel will go to all the nations, all the people, then the end will come. Everyone will have their chance to know of Jesus and make a choice. This happens on this side of the 1000 years, mainly during the time of the final ingathering.

Blessings!

Gene knows exactly what 'second chance' mean, his whole doctrine is built on it. 

At that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book" (Daniel 12:1). Notice that when the great tribulation begins, the cases of all people will have been forever decided. 

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give to every man according as his work shall be" (Revelation 22:1112). 

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works." (Matthew 16:27). 

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." (Revelation 22:12).

"And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground" (Jeremiah 25:33). 

"Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth aboad the inhabitants thereof." "The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled:for the Lord hath spoken this word" (Isaiah 24:13

"And as it was in the days of Noe [Greek for 'Noah'], so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed" (Luke 17:26-30)

"And unless those days were shorened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened" (Matthew 24:22 NKJV).

Jason,

Thanks for the scriptures, but in reading them there are a few observations.  First and far most is the conclusion I draw is that from what you’ve posted is,  one has a first chance for salvation because one is alive; is this correct?  This is questionable to me because no one can save themselves; would you agree?  Jesus said,

Jn 6:44…43“Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus replied. 44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

If no one can come to Jesus unless the Father draws him, how can anyone say everyone has a chance because they are living?

I divided the scriptures to analyze them. The last four suggest to me the plight of human life.

• "And as it was in the days of Noe [Greek for 'Noah'], so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed" (Luke 17:26-30)

• "And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened" (Matthew 24:22 NKJV).

• "And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground" (Jeremiah 25:33).
  • "Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth aboad the inhabitants thereof." "The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled:for the Lord hath spoken this word" (Isaiah 24:1, 3)

This is the plight of human life, is it not? The only chance here is some people will live through calamities and some will not; 50/50 chance.  But this is not the answer to what is chance as it relates to salvation.

The first four falls in an entirely different category which I will elaborate on later.

Thanks!

Peace

Gene wrote: "First and far most is the conclusion I draw is that from what you’ve posted is, one has a first chance for salvation because one is alive; is this correct? "

If your living at the time Jesus comes or dead in Christ, the only way to know if your saved is if your in the air with Jesus.

Those left on earth will die by the brightness of His coming, and then they with all the unrighteous will come up from the dead after the 1000 years to eventually be burn in the lake of fire.

If your not in the air with Jesus when He comes, then your only chance to be saved and reign with Him for a 1000 years in the heavenly mansions is gone. There are no more chances after that brother Gene.

Blessings!

Thanks for your question Gene. Reasoning and Jason have answered your Question better than I ever could, I hope you will understand what they have posted. Because sadly your understanding of salvation is going to lead you into Perdition.

Elijah,

I must say I’m dumbfounded by your lack of response to this question of what is a chance.  You my friend has accused me numerous of times of advocating such a theory of second chance, yet you can’t even explain what it is you’re talking about. Maybe you can answer this question, I’ve asked several people but have gotten no response.

Why are the righteous saved?

Thanks for your reply Gene I have nothing to add to what Jason and Reasoning have posted as I said before they have answered better than I ever could. 

Peace

Gene wrote: "I must say I’m dumbfounded by your lack of response to this question of what is a chance. You my friend has accused me numerous of times of advocating such a theory of second chance, yet you can’t even explain what it is you’re talking about. Maybe you can answer this question, I’ve asked several people but have gotten no response."

Thank you brother Ian for allowing me... Brother Gene, again are you reading the post? Your question was answered.

The second chance theology teaches that after Jesus comes when all eyes can see Him, that there is another chance (during the 1000 years) to get right with GOD. The Bible does not teach that. There isn't another ("second") chance to be saved.

The time is now, the Gospel will be preached to all the nations, all the people on this side of the 1000 years, then a choice has to be made, GOD'S way or the highway to destruction.

Only two categories brother Gene, just or unjust, wheat or tare, sheep or goat, righteous or wicked, good fish or bad fish, GOD'S road or the road to destruction... In the air with Jesus or on earth and die by the brightness of His coming.

There isn't another chance to be save after Jesus comes, the time when all eyes can see Him. Your teaching there is another chance or "second chance". The Bible doesn't teach that. If a person isn't in the air when Jesus comes then they are lost, a tare, bad fish, goat, unjust, wicked, and die by the brightness of His coming.

Blessings!

Reasoning,

What if God wasn't, saving everyone now as believed; would the second coming, and those living under the 1000 year reign constitute a first chance or second chance?

Heb. 3:7 says,

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today if you hear His voice, 8do not harden your hearts, as you did in the rebellion, in the time of testing in the wilderness...

Obviously, you believe everyone hears his voice today.  Those who do, and have harden their hearts in rebellion, as the wicked ones, just as Lucifer will go the way of Lucifer.

You falsely believe that everyone can hear, everyone cannot hear which why we are told that at Christ coming this will change.

1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the Abyss, holding in his hand a great chain.  2He seized the dragon, the ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.

3And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete.

Peace

Gene wrote: "What if God wasn't, saving everyone now as believed; would the second coming, and those living under the 1000 year reign constitute a first chance or second chance?"

GOD has provided a way to be saved, and the Bible says the Gospel will be preached to "all" the nations, in other words "all" people will hear the Gospel, especially in the time of the final ingathering. If your wheat, just, good fish, sheep you will be in the air with Jesus, that's the only chance or "first chance" to be saved.

There's no more chances brother Gene, there's no human on earth during the 1000 years.

Gene wrote: "You falsely believe that everyone can hear, everyone cannot hear which why we are told that at Christ coming this will change."

I believe what the Bible teaches, that "all" the nations will be preached to... Again, in other words "all" people will be preached to and then the end will come... do you believe "all" nations will be preached the Gospel brother Gene?

Blessings!

Reasoning said,

There's no more chances... there's no human on earth during the 1000 years.

Reasoning do you really believe that salvation of the world hangs on a chance? Beliefs' are sociological and cultural driven. If one is of another cultural, let say Islam, there's a 50/50 chance, maybe that one is going to believe in Jesus the way you do, if at all. And if one doesn't per chance believe in Jesus as so, are you telling me it over for them?

God must have a better plan than that.

Those who are called; the church, the elect of God is be saved by faith, and are called blessed and holy. Other will be by knowing and seeing with their eyes.

Is. 41:19"I will put the cedar in the wilderness (earth wilderness), The acacia and the myrtle and the olive tree; I will place the juniper in the desert (earth desert) Together with the box tree and the cypress, 20That they may see and recognize, And consider and gain insight as well, That the hand of the LORD has done this, And the Holy One of Israel has created it.

When they (those living under the kingdom of God) see, recognize and consider, they will know that the hand of the LORD has done this.  This will be their judgment, now they know.

Jer.  31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

These things will happen during the 1000 years, it will be a time of judgment.

Jn 3:17 17“For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

The world will be judged at the second coming, during the 1000 years.

Ps 96:13…for he comes to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

He comes to judge the world. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by