Adventist Online

What was Jesus Gospel?

The gospel of Jesus, one in which he preached himself, was not a message about him, but a message about the Father's own vision.

Mark 1:14

And after that John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15And saying: The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.

Repent and believe the good news about the coming kingdom of God.  This is the same kingdom he admonished his disciple to pray for.

Matthew 6:9

So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Jesus message is the good news of God's coming kingdom. God’s Will, will be done on earth as it is done now in heaven.

Surely this is good news!  It’s not about human being going to heaven, it’s about the kingdom of God administering the Will of God in earth so all the world can see.

Human being need this, it will be the greatest news ever!  But how will the kingdom of God be administered, and who will administer it?  The book of Daniel gives us some insight on this and says,

Daniel 7:27

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The greatness of the kingdoms under all of heaven (not in heaven) will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

When the kingdom of God comes, at the second coming, the holy ones of the Most High will administer the will of God in all the earth, for all the kingdoms under all of heaven will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

Satan is the god of this world now, but Jesus has prophesied his future.

John 12:31

Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.

This hasn’t happened yet, but Jesus say when it does the prince of this world will be cast out. It will happen when Jesus come.

Psalm 96:11

Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof.12Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice 13Before the LORD: for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

The whole creation understands the gospel of Jesus, so should we!

The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel!

Views: 845

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks James,

I agree, the nations are deceived and will continue to be so until the return of Christ. This is one of the thing I was trying to express to Elijah and Reasoning. This group “the deceived” will exist when Christ returns. They wish to believe these are the “wicked”, though I agree that there are some that are wicked, not everyone is. They need the earth to be desolated, but this is not God’s plan.

Peace

Gene wrote: "I agree, the nations are deceived and will continue to be so until the return of Christ. This is one of the thing I was trying to express to Elijah and Reasoning. This group “the deceived” will exist when Christ returns. They wish to believe these are the “wicked”, though I agree that there are some that are wicked, not everyone is. They need the earth to be desolated, but this is not God’s plan."

When Jesus returns and every eye can see Him, those who are deceived are that way not because they didn't hear the Gospel.... during the final ingathering (Zech.14) all nations, in other words "all" people will hear the Gospel.

That's on this side of the 1000 years, so if your living when Jesus comes and all eyes can see Him, your either in the air with Him, or your on the ground to die by the brightness of His coming. There's no thrid category.

The " deceived" are in the same boat as fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, drunkards, etc... The Bible say they won't be in the Kingdom. The " the deceived " are wicked when Jesus comes.

So, the time is now to hear the Gospel and get on GOD'S side for the deceived, and the absolute final time to hear the Gospel for the deceived is during the final ingathering, the time of the Latter rain.

1 Cor. 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

There is only two categories when Jesus comes brother Gene, wheat and tares, good fish bad fish, sheep goat, etc... Again, to make your theory work you need a thrid category. But the Bible doesn't teach that.

Blessings!

Reasoning said,

The " deceived" are in the same boat as fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, thieves, drunkards, etc... The Bible say they won't be in the Kingdom. The " the deceived " are wicked when Jesus comes.

I have never state that those deceived would be in the kingdom of God, but you must come to an understanding of what the kingdom of God truly is, and the purpose of the ones who are worthy to receive it.  I know you may believe that those in the kingdom of God will build mansion and visit one another and go over books; that human imagination.

Those in the kingdom will rule with Christ as kings; sons of God.

24Then the end will come. Christ will hand over the kingdom to God the Father as he destroys every ruler, authority, and power.25Christ must rule until God has put every enemy under his control. 26The last enemy he will destroy is death.

See, God will continue to do this work through the rule of Christ. Every ruler, authority, and power must and will be subdued, and those with Christ will help accomplish that work.

Those powers are in this sphere.

Weymouth New Testament

For ours is not a conflict with mere flesh and blood, but with the despotisms, the empires, the forces that control and govern this dark world--the spiritual hosts of evil arrayed against us in the heavenly warfare.

These forces will be completely put down, it will all happen during the kingdom of God reign.

These forces have a hold on earth and the deceived on the earth. Not everyone is wicked, but some lost, blinded by the god of this present age. The wicked are not this way.

Gene, what is this you now seem to have the "worthy" and "unworthy" "Deceived" where will this end? You yet have to produce one text where it says the deceived will be saved. 

Gene said:  Every ruler, authority, and power must and will be subdued, and those with Christ will help accomplish that work.

Christ accomplished this on the cross nothing needs to be added to his all-sufficient sacrifice ever. 

Peace

Gene wrote: "I have never state that those deceived would be in the kingdom of God, but you must come to an understanding of what the kingdom of God truly is, and the purpose of the ones who are worthy to receive it. I know you may believe that those in the kingdom of God will build mansion and visit one another and go over books; that human imagination."

That's not human imagination, the Bible teaches this, the saints won't build the mansions, in the Father's House are many mansions and Jesus went to prepare a place for the saints there.

Ok, You never stated that those " deceived " people would be in the Kingdom... So do you believe there is a certain type of deceived people that will be in the Kingdom?

Lets read the verse again,

1 Cor. 6:9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Ok, the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom, and be not "deceived ", neither so on and so forth... The deceived people your talking about never hears the Gospel right, they don't know the ways of GOD correct? If they don't know GOD then more than likely many are idolaters, or drunkards, extortioners, etc... So, no "deceived" people will be in the air when Jesus comes and all eyes can see Him. Again, if your living at that time and your not in the air with Jesus, then your on the ground, lost and die by the brightness of His coming. It's only one of two ways brother Gene.

Where we agree is the verses that speaks of a time the "deceived": even fornicators, even idolaters, even adulterers, even effeminate, even abusers of themselves with mankind, Even thieves, even covetous, even drunkards, even revilers, extortioners and all sinners will have a final opportunity to accept the Gospel and Jesus, that's the time of final ingathering (Zech.14).

Unfortunately you believe "all nations " won't hear the Gospel before He comes and every eye will see Him.

Gene wrote: "What you don’t understand about the wicked is they are those who have rejected God. One cannot reject God unless they know God or are known of God. Satan and a third of the heavenly angels knew God, and rejected God and plunged the whole world into wickedness."

Gene wrote : "The wicked will not stand in the judgment; but everyone is not wicked, some people are deceived. There are untold billions who have lived and died and have never heard of Jesus, there are billions of people who live on the planet now that don’t know Jesus; when will they be judged and how will they be judged?"

Matt. 24: 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 16: 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

I guest in your mind the Bible got this one wrong, huh brother Gene? In your mind the Gospel won't be preached to every creature, it won't be preached to "ALL" nations, or "ALL" people. In your mind, when Jesus comes and all eyes can see Him, you believe there are billions of people who didn't hear the Gospel. It's a Good thing I'm not following what's in your mind.

Bless!

I had another look at this Gene to me it Looks like you do not think God is able to execute His judgement fairly and mercifully. It looks like you are trying to tell God how to judge? You seem to forget that God is a Trillion times smarter than you are. 

God can execute the Judgement of the whole humanity in a split second if He wanted to. But mercifully for us, He gives us a chance to spread his "Everlasting Gospel". to all nations and then the end will be Those who have given themselves to the Lord to everlasting life and those who have rejected the Lord to everlasting condemnation.

Gene, we are yet to see you produce your text that proves the "Deceived" will be the third class. As Reasoning point out as far as we have read the Bible we can only find two Classes the wheat and the tares, the good fish and the bad fish the dross and the gold. The ten virgins all believed in Jesus but some were lacking oil. and therefore Jesus said to them "I do not know you". 

Elijah,

These are all descriptions of the condition within the church. The wheat and the tares are growing together in the church. The ten virgins are in the church, all have oil which is the holy spirit. Five of the ten becomes disillusion of waiting for the bridegroom five did not. Those who say Lord, Lord are the one’s Jesus says he do not know. Those in the world are deceived, they don’t know what the church knows.

Jn. 17:25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Gene the day will come when all will know the Lord 

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Because there will be no one who can avoid hearing 

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

and in that way, no one can be classed as "Deceived" 

Peace

True indeed brother Ian... Thank you!

This is the time of the Loud Cry (" ..cried mightily with a strong voice..." ), the time of the Latter rain (Joel 2), the time of final ingathering (Zech.14).

"All nations(people) " will hear the Gospel and have an opportunity not to be partakers of her sins, and received not of her plagues.

Gene would have us believe there will be billions who won't hear the Gospel when Jesus comes and every eye can see Him. The Bible doesn't teach that, it says "All" nations/ people will be preached the Gospel.

Blessings to you!

Thanks, Brother Reasoning, Indeed we see Brother Gene here trying to tell us something that the Bible does not say. Or is it that he does not read posts that do not suit his paradigm. 

In any Case, I am sure God will execute His Judgement Expediently Fairly and justly. No one will ever be able to tell God He did a mistake. That is why we will be going over books in heaven to be able to see God's justice and fairness.  

Brother Gene seems to think that God can not manage to judge fairly. While I think if it was up to God alone God could execute the Judgement fairly in a split second. We have seen others here that think God needs a courtroom setting like we have here on earth. Why? The  All-Knowing God does not need anything like that, but in his mercy God allows us to check the books so we can be satisfied God has done His Judgement fairly. And let us Remember Jesus will both be our judge and defence lawyer, something we can not see or conceive of here in a worldly courtroom.  

Elijah said,

...That is why we will be going over books in heaven to be able to see God's justice and fairness.

Elijah, you can go over books in the library, God is not raising up the church for that purpose. They will not have to be shown that God’s Judgment is just, they already know and this is why they are given the glorious responsibility of reigning with Christ as sons of God.

God will execute judgment fairly, this why Christ is coming.  The second coming is a period of judgment.

Psalm 96:13

For He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness And the peoples in His faithfulness.

And this will be done in one day.

2 Peter 3:8
Beloved,  do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is  like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

The ones reigning with Christ for this day, will not go over books to see if God's judgment is fair. They know God s and are known by God, that's why the are resurrected first.

They have been made a kingdom of Priests.

Revelation 1:4
John  to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace,  from him who is, and who was, and who is to come; and from the seven  Spirits who are before his throne;

5And  from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten  of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that  loves us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6And has made us a kingdom and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

God has made them a kingdom of priest, they are not questioning God's judgment, they are executing it with Christ.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service