Adventist Online

What was Jesus Gospel?

The gospel of Jesus, one in which he preached himself, was not a message about him, but a message about the Father's own vision.

Mark 1:14

And after that John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15And saying: The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel.

Repent and believe the good news about the coming kingdom of God.  This is the same kingdom he admonished his disciple to pray for.

Matthew 6:9

So then, this is how you should pray: ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name, 10Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Jesus message is the good news of God's coming kingdom. God’s Will, will be done on earth as it is done now in heaven.

Surely this is good news!  It’s not about human being going to heaven, it’s about the kingdom of God administering the Will of God in earth so all the world can see.

Human being need this, it will be the greatest news ever!  But how will the kingdom of God be administered, and who will administer it?  The book of Daniel gives us some insight on this and says,

Daniel 7:27

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The greatness of the kingdoms under all of heaven (not in heaven) will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

When the kingdom of God comes, at the second coming, the holy ones of the Most High will administer the will of God in all the earth, for all the kingdoms under all of heaven will be delivered to the people of the holy ones of the Most High.

Satan is the god of this world now, but Jesus has prophesied his future.

John 12:31

Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.

This hasn’t happened yet, but Jesus say when it does the prince of this world will be cast out. It will happen when Jesus come.

Psalm 96:11

Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; let the sea roar, and the fullness thereof.12Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it: then shall all the trees of the wood rejoice 13Before the LORD: for he comes, for he comes to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

The whole creation understands the gospel of Jesus, so should we!

The time is accomplished, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe the gospel!

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

James said: When a person dies in unbelief in God and His Kingdom, his chance for salvation ended, irregardless of administration. A person has their period of being cognent and alive to believe. In their lifetime every day alive is another day to accept the truth or not.

Yes, I agree with that statement James every day we are alive we have the chance to enter the Kingdom of God, when we are dead there is no more a chance. Unlike our friend Gene who insists that there is no end to chances.  

Peace

Ian wrote: "Yes, I agree with that statement James every day we are alive we have the chance to enter the Kingdom of God, when we are dead there is no more a chance. Unlike our friend Gene who insists that there is no end to chances."

Brother Ian, I agree as well.. Brother Gene does believe there is a end to changes, he believes it's after the 1000 years. Of course we believe it's before the 1000 years, and specifically right before the 7 last plagues.

Brother Gene believes when Jesus comes there will be some type of utopia on earth, and humans with Jesus is ruling (It's a JW and H.Armstrong teaching).The Bible teaches the earth will be desolate, no man. Let's look at it again for brother Gene.

Jer. 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

The coming of Jesus is going to leave the whole earth desolate. Why are you trying to make it look like humans will be on earth after the presence of the Lord? The Bible clearly teaches differently.

Let reason together, when do you believe is this time Jeremiah beholds the earth, when there is no humans, and desolate?

Jer. 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Sounds familiar brother Gene? Only time I can recall this description is during creation, when ironically there was no man then. But in Jeremiah it's referring to the time of the presence of the Lord, when that happens the earth is left desolate, earth without form and void, the sun isn't giving light.

Gene said: "Jeremiah [sees] all the cities thereof were broken down. (New York, Washington DC, Paris, London, Jerusalem)." (Brackets are mine)

Gene you believe Jeremiah has a view of the whole earth, you believe it's from NY to Paris to Jerusalem... Of course if you go that far then you have to believe it stretches to Russia, China , India, etc... The Bible says "All" the cites will be broken down.

Once again, if your living and not in the air when Jesus comes, then you die by the brightness of His coming, the presence of the Lord.
When this happens there is no man on earth, the sun isn't giving light, the earth is without form and void. It will be that way for a 1000 years, then after the 1000 years the City of GOD comes down and the wicked dead comes up in the second resurrection.
So the only time of Jeremiah's vision has to be is during the 1000 years, it's the only place it fits. Earth is desolate and no man brother Gene.. You want me to believe there is man on earth. I'm going with the Bible on this. But hey if you want to teach something different from the Bible then go ahead, I don't recommend it, but to each their own.

Blessings!

I would say again, that beliefs are generally sociological and cultural. Is God saving the world, and is He doing it by a chance one gets the truth or not? When Jesus was talking with the disciples, he told them;

MK.4:10As soon as Jesus was alone with the Twelve and those around Him, they asked Him about the parable. 11And He told them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to those on the outside, everything is expressed in parables…

Jesus then explained the reasoning of this.

12so that, ‘they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven.’”…

The mystery is, the world is not now being giving knowledge. In Jn.17, Jesus did not pray for the world.

I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours…

Jesus prayed for the disciples, and others who would believe.

20“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message…

Those who believe also become disciples.  Has Jesus abandoned the world? No, the world opportunity will come when Jesus return.

21May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

The reality of this will be fulfilled in the millennium. The world will then know that the Messiah and the saints of God  are ruling the world.

God’s plan of salvation of the world is not depended upon chance, it depended upon God’s will.

…3This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Peace

Brother Gene, again, your going what you believe is truth, not that is truth.. Yes, you do post verses that are true, but your time line is wrong. The 1000 years the earth is desolate.

24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.

25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.

27 For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

The coming of Jesus is going to leave the whole earth desolate. Why are you trying to make it look like humans will be on earth after the presence of the Lord? The Bible clearly teaches differently.

Let reason together, when do you believe is this time Jeremiah beholds the earth, when there is no humans, and desolate?

Sounds familiar brother Gene? Only time I can recall this description is during creation, when ironically there was no man then. But in Jeremiah it's referring to the time of the presence of the Lord, when that happens the earth is left desolate, earth without form and void, the sun isn't giving light.

Gene said: "Jeremiah [sees] all the cities thereof were broken down. (New York, Washington DC, Paris, London, Jerusalem)." (Brackets are mine)

Gene you believe Jeremiah has a view of the whole earth, you believe it's from NY to Paris to Jerusalem... Of course if you go that far then you have to believe it stretches to Russia, China , India, etc... The Bible says "All" the cites will be broken down.

Hey, believe what you want... I'll stick with SDA doctrine, Biblical doctrine. Thanks!

Blessings!

Reasoning said,

…What's in Bible is that the Gospel will be preached to "All" nations/people.

Actually, you forgot something, it says,

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

See, Jesus was speaking, and talking about the good news he was sent to proclaim.

43But Jesus told them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well, because that is why I was sent.”

The preaching of the good news of the kingdom is the witness; I’m preaching it here, and to you. Daniel preached it, he said dream is true and its interpretation is trustworthy. Jesus says, “Repent and believe the good news”.  Repent means to change your thinking, and start believing the gospel of Jesus.

Peace

Ok, the Gospel of the Kingdom, yes, it will be preached to "all" the nations/people before the 7 last plagues start. Everyone will hear and everyone must make a choice during the time of final ingathering, and this will be on this side of the 1000 years. I agree, you are preaching about the Kingdom, your just teaching and put in the wrong time line.

Blessings!

Reasoning, two questions.

1. What is the gospel of the kingdom?

2. When does the 1000 years begin? It will begin at the second coming; right?

Rev. 11:15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign for ever and ever."

When will the Messiah reign; during the 1000 years right?  The Weymouth bible is very clear it says,

"The sovereignty of the world now belongs to our Lord and His Christ; and He will be King until the Ages of the Ages."

When will Jesus be King over all the earth; at his second coming right?

Rev. 19: 15 From His mouth there comes a sharp sword with which He will smite the nations; and He will Himself be their Shepherd, ruling them with a scepter of iron; and it is His work to tread the winepress of the fierce anger of God, the Ruler of all.

16And on His outer garment and on His thigh He has a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

If we’re talking about the same 1000 years, I think you may be mistaken.

Please explain what you mean, and please us bible text for clarity.  Thanks

Peace

Gene asked: "1. What is the gospel of the kingdom?
2.When does the 1000 years begin? It will begin at the second coming; right?"

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you

I believe the Kingdom starts within us, so it's individual, and collective, and literal... Im assuming we're talking about a literal Kingdom on earth, the Lord's Prayer says thy Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven. The verses you post points to a time when this happens, but it's on this side of the 1000 years, before the 7 last plagues.

Yes, the 1000 years begins when Jesus comes in the air when all eyes can see Him... The righteous take flight in the air on their way to the Heavenly mansions. By all the righteous taking flight into air should signifying they are going somewhere.

No human on earth during the 1000 years, the whole earth is desolate...

Gene ask: "When will Jesus be King over all the earth; at his second coming right?"

He's already the King, that's one of the reasons He came for.. But during the final ingathering, the time of the Loud cry, the time of the Latter rain He will be in the midst of His people, mainly the 144,000.

Do you believe a time of final ingathering will happen before the 7 last plagues?

The Bible teaches the Gospel will be preached to "all" people, this happens before the 7 last plagues. Can we agree?

Hey brother Gene, your gonna believe what you feel in your heart.. I'm going to stick SDA teaching on this, which is from the Bible. We agree, except on the time line. Jeremiah sees the earth, and says there was no man and the whole land was desolate by the presence of the Lord. The earth is uninhabitable during the 1000 years brother Gene. Your trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Blessings!

So, we agree when the 1000 years begin, and when the saints reign with Christ, even though you don’t understand the concept of “reign with”. Never-the-less, we are told in the scriptures where.

…9And they sang a new song: “Worthy are You to take the scroll and open its seals, because You were slain, and by Your blood You purchased for God those from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. 10You have made them into a kingdom, priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

Do you believe your bible? This is of course the same thing that was given to Daniel.

7:27Then the sovereignty(rule), the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven (not in heaven) will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.'

Reasoning said,

Brother Gene believes when Jesus comes there will be some type of utopia on earth, and humans with Jesus is ruling…

This is not exactly what I have expressed. But yes, a utopia on earth will come, this is the good news of Jesus, and all the prophets.

Is. 11:5Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins, And faithfulness the belt about His waist. 6And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them. 7Also the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox. 8The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den.…

This utopia will come about as the Messiah and the saint of God rule over this world, in the kingdom of God.

Why do you think the righteous is saved first?

5and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To Him who loves us and has released us from our sins by His blood, 6who has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father — to Him be the glory and power forever and ever! Amen. 7Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him

The righteous have been released from their sins.

Jn.8:35A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The righteous have been released from their sins for a purpose.

To be made a kingdom, priests to His God and Father.  Why does God need a kingdom of priests?

Gene, are you sure you are an SDA? The doctrines you espouse here sound very much like HW Armstrong. What you are doing is grabbing tets from the Bible that suits your Paradigm, and cobble them together best you can. 

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

And worst of all you edit the Bible text to suit your Paradigm. That my friend is dishonest, we are washed in his Blood, Have you ever partaken of the Holy Supper? That is how our sins are cleansed. 

Then you leave out the second 1/2 of verse 7 where it says those who pierced Him will see him! Do you have any understanding what it says? It says that the Priests the soldiers Pontus Pilate and whoever else had a hand in putting Jesus on the cross will have a special resurrection to see Jesus return on the Clouds. Now tell me how many chances they will have? Why do second chance people wail one would think they would be happy? It just does not hold water bro. 

It would be appreciated that you would be a bit more honest in dealing with Bible texts. The other thing with this is that most of us here do read the Bible so you slight of hand with Bible texts does not work here.

Elijah,

I am being honest, the subject matter that I’m relating is the fact the righteous has been released from their sins because that have been wash in the blood; they have been made kings and priest, BUT for what purpose?  Revelation 5: 10 says

Weymouth New Testament

And hast formed them into a Kingdom to be priests to our God, And they reign over the earth."

New International Version

You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

The righteous has been released from their sins by their faith to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.

Verse 7 begins an entirely new subject.

Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

If your focus is on a special resurrection, the bible simple doesn’t teach that.

They also which pierced him. Are we talking about the centurions?

"It says that the Priests the soldiers Pontus Pilate and whoever else had a hand in putting Jesus on the cross will have a special resurrection..."

That means all of us, doesn’t it?  Will Adam and Eve be there too?

The bible just doesn’t teach a special resurrection. It is not I who making things up here.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service