Adventist Online

Jason M.

asks a very good question here on AO!

in fact it is so good it deserves a whole shiny Thread!

i shared a few scriptures

but the flood gate has opened!

looking forward to the answers from people who actually found their way to HIM

did anybody else came as  they are

or was it a different experience?

Where does the Bible says 'come as you are'?

Delete

Where does the Bible says 'come as you are'?

hello Jason M.

GBU

i hope u r well

just a few things i want to insert in this most fascinating thread

then be on my way

.. psst .....   i think two Christians or more are arguing here

Jason M. i think u came as u are didnt u? if u indeed came at all

:/

how else can any sinner come to the Almighty God? as u are!

The Invitation is all over the Holy Scriptures

JESUS opened a Way!

u must know this!

ummm.. well maybe not ,hence your question

huh?

" Where does the Bible says 'come as you are'? "

well i will extend the INVITATION TO YOU Jason M.

from a fellow sinner

very much like u

AND U KNOW WHAT?

u can come AS U ARE!

WOW

GRACE

:D

Isa 55 is FANTASTIC!

. The Lord says,

“Come, everyone who is thirsty—
    here is water!
Come, you that have no money—
    buy grain and eat!
Come! Buy wine and milk—
    it will cost you nothing!
Why spend money on what does not satisfy?
    Why spend your wages and still be hungry?
Listen to me and do what I say,
    and you will enjoy the best food of all.

“Listen now, my people, and come to me;
    come to me, and you will have life!

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matt 11:

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Rev 22:17

#THIS IS SO GOOD I SHOULD MAKE IT A THREAD

MAYBE OTHERS THINK ALSO U MUST DO SOMETHING BEFORE U CAN COME UNTO JESUS

Views: 127

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Matt:4.

And Jesus, walking by the Sea of Galilee, saw two brothers, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. 19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” 20 They immediately left their nets and followed Him.

21 Going on from there, He saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets. He called them, 22 and immediately they left the boat and their father, and followed Him.

24 Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. 25 Great multitudes followed Him—from Galilee, and from Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.

Luke 5.

27 After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” 28 So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.

Matt. 6:31

Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I love this thread!! Yesssssssssssss!!!!! Come as you are is exactly what Jesus is about! He takes us where we are at, Jesus is all-inclusive. You don't have to be perfect to follow Jesus, and no one is while following Him. Perfection does not exist and He loves us anyway. How great He is! The thief on the cross, one of the many perfect examples!

Confess your sins while you may. Clear the King’s highway, that He may use you as His disciples. He will accept everyone who comes to Him. Whoso shall confess and forsake his sins shall find mercy. Even the thief, dying on the cross in awful agony, asked for forgiveness, and it was granted to him. His request to be remembered by the Saviour when He should come into His kingdom was granted. “Verily, verily I say unto thee today, Thou shalt be with Me in Paradise.” Not that he would be with Christ in Paradise that same day, for Jesus did not then Himself go to Paradise.{2SAT 297.4}

There is no question now. There are no doubts, no reproaches. When condemned for his crime, the thief had become hopeless and despairing; but strange, tender thoughts now spring up. He calls to mind all he has heard of Jesus, how He has healed the sick and pardoned sin. He has heard the words of those who believed in Jesus and followed Him weeping. He has seen and read the title above the Saviour’s head. He has heard the passers-by repeat it, some with grieved, quivering lips, others with jesting and mockery. The Holy Spirit illuminates his mind, and little by little the chain of evidence is joined together. In Jesus, bruised, mocked, and hanging upon the cross, he sees the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world. Hope is mingled with anguish in his voice as the helpless, dying soul casts himself upon a dying Saviour. “Lord, remember me,” he cries, “when Thou comest into Thy kingdom.”{CSA 38.5}

Do you believe he would go on stealing after encountering Christ and seeing how He die on the cruel cross for us? 

" Do you believe he would go on stealing after encountering Christ and seeing how He die on the cruel cross for us?" - Jason M.

oh no not at all

even still the carnal nature does rear it ugly head

and mayhem does ensue for all of us

and it comes out in different ways

but that is not the issue at here on this thread my dear Brother Jason M.

whatever the issue of sin is

..is taken care of when u see JESUS as u are coming to HIM

before we run in to the Most Holy Place

we must linger at the alter of sacrifice for an incredible ridiculous moment of time every day

#stayontopic

I saw the Father rise from the throne, [see page 92.] and in a flaming chariot go into the holy of holies within the veil, and sit down. Then Jesus rose up from the throne, and the most of those who were bowed down arose with Him. I did not see one ray of light pass from Jesus to the careless multitude after He arose, and they were left in perfect darkness. Those who arose when Jesus did, kept their eyes fixed on Him as He left the throne and led them out a little way. Then He raised His right arm, and we heard His lovely voice saying, “Wait here; I am going to My Father to receive the kingdom; keep your garments spotless, and in a little while I will return from the wedding and receive you to Myself.” Then a cloudy chariot, with wheels like flaming fire, surrounded by angels, came to where Jesus was. He stepped into the chariot and was borne to the holiest, where the Father sat. There I beheld Jesus, a great High Priest, standing before the Father. On the hem of His garment was a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate. Those who rose up with Jesus would send up their faith to Him in the holiest, and pray, “My Father, give us Thy Spirit.” Then Jesus would breathe upon them the Holy Ghost. In that breath was light, power, and much love, joy, and peace.

I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it. Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God. I saw them look up to the throne, and pray, “Father, give us Thy Spirit.” Satan would then breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy, and peace. Satan’s object was to keep them deceived and to draw back and deceive God’s children.

what can i say

GBU is my last words to u

#how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

:crying over your anger behind the wall:

I saw the Father rise from the throne, [see page 92.] and in a flaming chariot go into the holy of holies within the veil, and sit down. Then Jesus rose up from the throne, and the most of those who were bowed down arose with Him. I did not see one ray of light pass from Jesus to the careless multitude after He arose, and they were left in perfect darkness. Those who arose when Jesus did, kept their eyes fixed on Him as He left the throne and led them out a little way. Then He raised His right arm, and we heard His lovely voice saying, “Wait here; I am going to My Father to receive the kingdom; keep your garments spotless, and in a little while I will return from the wedding and receive you to Myself.” Then a cloudy chariot, with wheels like flaming fire, surrounded by angels, came to where Jesus was. He stepped into the chariot and was borne to the holiest, where the Father sat. There I beheld Jesus, a great High Priest, standing before the Father. On the hem of His garment was a bell and a pomegranate, a bell and a pomegranate. Those who rose up with Jesus would send up their faith to Him in the holiest, and pray, “My Father, give us Thy Spirit.” Then Jesus would breathe upon them the Holy Ghost. In that breath was light, power, and much love, joy, and peace.

I turned to look at the company who were still bowed before the throne; they did not know that Jesus had left it. Satan appeared to be by the throne, trying to carry on the work of God. I saw them look up to the throne, and pray, “Father, give us Thy Spirit.” Satan would then breathe upon them an unholy influence; in it there was light and much power, but no sweet love, joy, and peace. Satan’s object was to keep them deceived and to draw back and deceive God’s children.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service