Adventist Online

I haven't seen him here for awhile . 

[ Note from Adventist Online:  Colporteur has been restricted from posting on Adventist Online.  His conduct toward others broke our Site Rules & Guidelines.  We have contacted him on multiple occasions about his poor personal treatment of other members.  When no response was received from him and no change was seen in his manner of posting, we insisted he converse with us on this topic before posting again.  He chose not to do so and was subsequently restricted.  He has chosen not to interact with or respond to messages written to him by AO moderators since his restriction and thus remains restricted from posting.

He was not restricted because of his theology or beliefs.  He was restricted for his poor personal treatment of those who did not agree with him. 

No matter how correct one is (or thinks they are), they must still treat others in a Christ-like manner.  When posting on Adventist Online, they must follow our Site Rules & Guidelines.  Habitual failure to follow our rules will result in a temporary restriction on posting.  The response to the moderators counsel from the offending member determines if they regain the privilege of posting on Adventist Online. ]

Views: 3564

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

"I do not have spell checker on my computer nor would it do me any good since my mother tongue is german and not english. Yet i wasnt critizing your grammar your spelling or anything alike i was confused by your formatting didnt even critize it simply stated my surprise. Lately you seem to have the habbit to write everything in bold which to me seems like your trying to yell your points out there. "

Point taken and I understand the language problem from one to another.  That is exactly my problem could not change from bold to normal font even using the tools in the box at the top of the page. I did not want it all to be bold.   

I am very soft when I see people that cannot defend themselves hurt and the world is full of it.   I do see the battle that homosexuals have to deal with when it comes to people rejecting them. Many types of sinners have to deal with this rejection by people.  Our point of contention is how sin is dealt with and what the Bible says about it.   I have been very offended by the hypocrisy of the left and I am honest about it.  I think the liberals are big a failure as the legalists extreme are.  There were the same things and the same types of people with same political views in the days when Jesus walked on this earth.  If Jesus rejected the political in his day would it not be the same in our day for political correctness. 

True.  In Muslim culture, beating a wife who does not get into line, or indeed, killing her, is considered acceptable.

Manuela:

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." (2 Cor 3:6) 

We should dissect this verse on the forum using scripture.  What do you think Manuela?  I have not really meditated on the whole verse, just maybe part of it; However, you may have already--I do not know.  Either way, it should be edifying to both of us I would think.

My first question on this verse would be: What does Paul mean by the letter kills, and do you have a biblical reference for it?

Blessing,

Jay

There are some theological meanings to that verse. (Old covenant - New Covenant).

However there is more than just the theological discussion in this verse for me.

As Jesus showed us following tradition, rules, literal meanings etc is not advised when we would actually hurt people by doing that or neglect our christian duty of love, forgiveness and compassion by doing so.

Jesus himself gave us many examples where he ignored rules or traditions or literal meanings and went out to help people, healed people, showed love respect dignity compassion and forgiveness.

Jesus did not care about rules or traditions he broke them willingly when holding them up meant to ignore the principle of love each other.

I think all of us know the stories in NT where this was applied.

Do we do that in todays church or do we stick with the literal meaning, the tradition, the rules?

Do we neglect our duties when we uphold law, tradition or similar things and by doing that we actually hurt people (directly or indirectly)?

Regards

It is true that Jesus honored the principal of the law over the letter. .  This is because Jesus made clear that there were weightier matters to the law--namely justice and mercy (mt 23:23). The letter though was still to be followed unless there was a conflict with the weightier matter of the law.  For example, you would not see Jesus in the carpenter shop on the Sabbath.  The main principal is that the law was created for our benefit in the context of honoring God and serving our fellow man with no thought for worldly gain.

In any issue we need to understand the greater context, our purpose and mission, and how church issues fits into that.  Unlike many denominations, we have a clear understanding of the Great Controversy. We know there is an enemy and he is wroth with the remnant rev 12:17.  Paul tells us we are not ignorant to Satan's designs (2 cor 2:11). All of us the more since we have all of history, scripture, and the SOP that exposes the enemy.

Therefore, the first question should be: is there clear council from God to operate in the affirmative? If not, then do we really want to make speculative decisions that may give Satan a greater influence over the work we were called to do?

Blessings,

Jay

"Bart tell me in your words, what is Christ "

That is so easy.  Once when I was down and out I went to church and sat alone, not knowing anyone just to glean something from what was being preached.   A brother came and sat down by me and said "you do not need to be alone" and then he pushed my should like a brother would do.  That is Christ, an elder Brother but he is much much more.  The key is being humble and pouring self out to allow him in.  

Reply by Bart 13 hours ago

"Bart tell me in your words, what is Christ "

That is so easy.  Once when I was down and out I went to church and sat alone, not knowing anyone just to glean something from what was being preached.   A brother came and sat down by me and said "you do not need to be alone" and then he pushed my should like a brother would do.  That is Christ, an elder Brother but he is much much more.  The key is being humble and pouring self out to allow him in.  

Bart that is a great testimony, if may say something.

Reply by Bart 13 hours ago

" In context of the culture and time? "   

What do you know of the culture of the time?  Scripture bashing

Have you ever been around pastoral peoples, ultra Orthodox Jews, Hasidic jews, or traditional Muslims?  First off you would have to cover yourself not to offend them and you would have to have a male relative represent you and you could not talk because you are a woman. You would only speak unless spoken to and you would have to be humble. (LOL)  You would be shocked by their culture.  I have been around these types of people and I found it interesting to see their point of view.   I doubt you truly get the context because it would offend you.  These statements do not mean that I agree with these views on women, that is just the way they are and the way it was.  

Bart I don't know if you realize this but this is a personal attack. You don't know what Manuela knows and doesn't know.

A brother came and sat down by me and said "you do not need to be alone" and then he pushed my should like a brother would do.  That is Christ, an elder Brother but he is much much more.

Maybe you could be a brother to Manuela, just a thought.

I agree Timber,  and I did not realize it until you pointed it out.  

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service