Adventist Online

Where is the United States in bible History?

Some have sought to find the United States in bible prophecy and often point to Revelation 13:11 in doing so.

I saw another beast coming up out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon.

But how do we know this is the United States, does the bible lead us to this conclusion or is it just speculation? In order to know this is or is not the United States, one must know the United States historical biblical roots. There are no new human beings and people don’t just fall out of the sky.

The nations of the world, the people of the world are all in the bible. Some are known to us today by their names of the bible. However, some nations of the world today are not known today by their biblical name. For example, the Ammonites of the bible are the Jordanian, Amman being their chief city.

Who were the Ammonites? In the Bible, they are described as being descendants of Ben-ammi, who was the son of Lot (Abraham’s nephew) and Lot’s younger daughter (Genesis 19:38). The capital of the Iron Age kingdom of Ammon was Rabbah, which is located at modern-day Amman, Jordan.

There are no new human beings in the world, so the history of people who established what is now called the United States must have historical roots in the bible.  When speaking of the beasts found in  Daniel 7, the Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible says they are “…compared to "beasts", because of the rapine and violence, cruelty, oppression, and tyranny, by which they were obtained, setup, supported, and maintained…”

The beast of Revelation 13 coming up out of the earth is defined as such, it is a beast, having two horn like a lamb and speaking like a dragon. It is not disguised as something else but is what it is seen as. Daniel chapter seven also show all the beasts that will exist until the end of time, the four great beasts and the little horn beast: notice Daniel 7:11.

I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

The beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. Just as Revelation 17:16 fulfills.

And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

The bible identifies four great beasts and it identifies another beast: the little horn beast. The United States cannot be identified as a beast, unless we can know its historical biblical identity, mere speculation will not suffice.

Views: 1348

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes Gene, but I am a SDA person, who supports my pioneers and Mrs White. I also hold unto the Marion Berry theory on the end of time.

Our church supports the idea that the global Sunday decree begins first in the USA, and than spreads to the entire planet in exactly 60 days. This is the Berry theory, and if this is true, than every thing else she says is true, including the length of time we must live in the country.

I hope you are prepping country living now? I am currently getting ready to go off grid.

I already live in the country. Every SDA person needs to prep. Time is running out.

With this virus thing, global lockdowns are coming, so we have less than 12 months to get ready.

Shalom

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by