Adventist Online

Gen. 3:6 - And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat; and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.

Question:
  • Why didn't Adam forbid Eve from plucking off the fruit from the Tree if He was with Her?
  • Is it that Eve wandered away from Adam, then she was tempted by the devil, kept quiet and she went to Adam as they strolled by the Tree, having calculated the moves and gained false info, she got the fruit, tasted very fast and gave to the hubby too?

Views: 538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just to contrast our SDA beliefs with some other religious groups--

The Mormons believe that God planned for Adam and Eve to sin. They believe that Satan told the truth and that God actually did not tell truth at that point. Satan was right that they would become as gods if they ate of the fruit. God had told them they would die, and he was wrong. Mormon's don't believe that people simply die but that they continue on in a higher level of consciousness after the death of the body.

Mormons, of course, believe that the Father used to be a baby and became a god through obedience to the laws of his god. They believe men can also become gods through obedience to the commandments of our God. Women attain heavenly status if they are married in the Temple to good, obedient men (i.e., good Mormons).
Well! As we know God did approach two men first, but they declined to be used by God, so it was then offered to a frail woman (to fulfill prophecy).

Like Adam and Eve, we should not question the wisdom of God in using a woman as prophet in these last days. He alone knows why.
Didn't God put Adam in charge of making sure that the couple was together and by each others side at all times? Or was he not the man of the house back then?
Eve, unconsciously at first, separated from her husband in her employment. When she became aware of the fact she felt that there might be danger, but again she thought herself secure, even if she did not remain close by the side of her husband. She had wisdom and strength to know if evil came, and to meet it. This the angels had cautioned her not to do. Eve found herself gazing with mingled curiosity and admiration upon the fruit of the forbidden tree.

Adam regretted that Eve had left his side, but now the deed was done.

(He was the man of the house back then, but Eve was the one who left the side of her husband, unconsciously at first then later decided for herself that she had enough wisdom and strength to protect herself from evil).
Greetings!

God created Adam and Eve equal in the beginning.Adam was not the head of the family the only thing God gave them was love for each other and they became one.

GENESIS2
23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be ONE flesh.

the head of the family came after the fall.In the next chapter.

Genesis3
16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, AND HE SHALL RULE OVER THEE.

But just as the fall of humanity came via a woman(Eve)through Adam let us not forget that the salvation of humanity also came via a woman(Mary)through Jesus.

God is a just God
Praise be to God for all the reaction to the question and I am blessed with the words, because each minute God's word is new.

God bless y'all

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by