Adventist Online

Which bible versions will benefit for salvation?   Please let me know what you think about the translations of the bible.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why not, at least you can enjoy reading about Unicorns.

Andrew I have used KJV for several years now. This week, your question popped out when I read the Lesson 10 Quarterly memory verse. 

Rom 8:26 (KJV)

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. {KJV — Romans 8:26} 

Rom 8:26,27 (NKJV)

The Spirit also helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The difference is striking especially in view of the trinity discussion in the thread you started.

Dan God Himself does not usually deal with human beings directly. So God has delegated the HS to search men's hearts and translate their hearts innermost desires to God Himself. I would have thought that the HS would need to have a personality to be able to work away from God? What you are promoting is a force of God that has no personality. I can not see it working in this setting you are discussing here. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service