Adventist Online

Which bible versions will benefit for salvation?   Please let me know what you think about the translations of the bible.

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly. I some times wonder if other languages have something that is equally poetic in their own language. The story behind the King James Bible is also very interesting and has a great deal to tell about our Protestant roots. The King James Bible even helped to standardize our Bible.

Why not, at least you can enjoy reading about Unicorns.

Andrew I have used KJV for several years now. This week, your question popped out when I read the Lesson 10 Quarterly memory verse. 

Rom 8:26 (KJV)

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. {KJV — Romans 8:26} 

Rom 8:26,27 (NKJV)

The Spirit also helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The difference is striking especially in view of the trinity discussion in the thread you started.

Dan God Himself does not usually deal with human beings directly. So God has delegated the HS to search men's hearts and translate their hearts innermost desires to God Himself. I would have thought that the HS would need to have a personality to be able to work away from God? What you are promoting is a force of God that has no personality. I can not see it working in this setting you are discussing here. 

I have studied the topic to the best of my ability and I have also queried what the experts in the field have to say.  Added to that I have even seen part of the original Isaiah scroll from Kumran and Syriac Bible at St. Catherine's Monastery.  All Bible's fall into an accuracy range of 95-98%.  There is no perfect Bible, but whatever fault you may find it will not cause the loss of one soul.  The Bible is the oldest most accurate document in existence and if one considers the history it is only because God maintained it.

The problem arises that people very often do not understand the translation mindset that we find.  Some Bible are translated word for word, which helps in certain cases, but verry often makes clarity and readibility difficult.  NKJV, NASV and the ESV are some examples of this method.

Others translate the thoughts, which make reading easier but may sound a little different, Good News Bible, NIV are some examples of this method.

The problem is not the differnt versions of the Bible, but that people do not read and study the versions they do have.

i think the most ideal version to use is KJV. most theology use this to avoid conflict in explaining the meaning..:D 

Hello! Vryant!

Nice to meet you. :)

Actually most theology(at least the credible ones) studies  with the original greek and hebrew.

The KJV is a very old old old  English and what  we have is not even the original KJV.  :O  This version has been changed three times thru the centuries and the last one  updated was in the 1800's ..British of course. :)

I am in the America and do not speak the British Kings English of the 1800's ..only the QUEEN's
:D

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by