Adventist Online

I really not some clarity as regarding if Jesus is still interceding on our behalf or if our names are coming up before the judgement bar since we are living in the day of atonement she the since of the people are blotted out.  Please use scriptural references.

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Leslie Ann,

To answer your question, looking at Hebrews 9:15 which says

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

It is the church that is that is called and predestined. The church is of course comprised of people, and those people of the church is also predestined as the church, as the bible have declared in Romans 8.

…29 For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those He predestined He also called, those He called He also justified, those He justified He also glorified.

I do agree with James on the justification of those who are called. Those of the church “He also justified”. They are not being judged in the manner suggested in the investigative judgment. They have already been justified, and glorified.

Revelation 1:5 says

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, …

They have been washed from their sins. Some texts say, “To Him who loves us, and released us from our sins” or freed us from our sins.

If as 2 Corinthians 5:21 says,

God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

Then, the those who are called are not being judge on sin. I believe the church is being judge on faithfulness to the word of God. Revelation 17:14 seems to attest to this point.

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

The church is called and chosen of God having been found faithful.

Romans 8: 1 reads

There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

If there is no condemnation, then there can’t be a judgment based of what investigative judgment speaks of; not for the church.

Salvation by faith, without works. Rewards are by works that God recognizes, not God works. This is a very fair system, everyone who believes receives holy spirit and is saved. But those who do more for the Kingdom according to what God wants receives rewards; there are 7 crowns if I remember correctly?

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Great, then you will be judged by your works according to you. What kind of works have you done lately?

You say my works are evil, including praying against the Valley Fire where I live and for rain, and it rained for 9 hours straight, which allowed the firemen to eventually put the fire out. So according to you, these are evil works of the Devil, as you said previously in another thread that "The Devil caused the fire and the Devil stopped the fire." So perhaps we just all should have let it burn everything and everyone up according to you?

You have and continue to judge my beliefs, faith and works as evil, and imply that salvation requires works, while I work not to get saved, but because I am saved. What faith do you have, SDA faith? Are you sure you are saved? Do you have any evidence that you are saved? If you need works, you better do the work that God wants. How do you know what God wants in a given situation not covered in the scriptures, or for a mission that God would want you to do? 

James is written by James, the half-brother of Jesus, and is addressed to:

James 1:1  "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." IT IS ADDRESSED TO THE TWELVE TRIBES, WHICH TO WHOM IT APPLIES, WHICH WE CAN LEARN FROM, BUT NOT ADDRESSED TO THE GENTILES WHO WERE SAVED.

James contradicts Paul who said that salvation is by faith and is by grace. You and James imply works as necessary for salvation, You and James were zealous for the law, as James was written in the early history of the church, when Jewish early Christians still went to synagogues, which fits with SDA doctrines, but does it fit with the sacred secrets Paul was given and to which he addresses in his letters later in the history of the church?

IT DOES NOT. NEITHER DOES YOUR JUDGMENTS FIT EITHER. THEY DO NOT MAKE SENSE.

WHY WOULD SATAN START A FIRE AND PUT OUT A FIRE, AND WHY WOULD PUTTING OUT A FIRE NOT BE IN GOD'S WILL IN THAT CASE, SINCE THE FIRE IF CONTINUED WOULD HAVE KILLED MORE PEOPLE, DESTROYED MORE HOMES AND EVERYTHING PEOPLE OWNED?

You judge my works as evil, but what the Hell have you done of significance for the Kingdom of God, give us your testimony? Tell us how your works are righteous compared to mine, and how you base your judgment on such? I really would like to know?

YOU CALL ME MENTALLY ILL, WITH YOUR ILLOGIC?

Martin Luther did also have a problem with the Epistle of James but he did not condemn it as not relating to Christians like you do. Tell me the difference between a Christian Jew and a Christian Gentile I see no difference. But if you O holy one has something to point out let me know.  

For your information, Christians who are not possessed by demons do not Brag about what they have done. It is quite possible for the Devil to make a fire and let you think you have put it out with your prayers. It seems to me you are trying to make your works a competition with others. The Devil is behind a Braggart while Christians are humble. Did you Know Bragging is a fruit of the flesh?    

Testimonies and telling of God's deliverance is not bragging. You have not told us of what you have done for the Kingdom of God and other people other than judge falsely and accuse and condemn anyone who operates any power of God you immediately call Satanic. You blaspheme the spirit and teach unbelief. You oppose all of God's power and manifestations and apparently have never manifested anything but false accusations and ridicule. You are full of vile and constant opposition of anything of the move of the spirit of God and deliverance of People from the works of the Devil.

"Judgment is at the door and evil works and opposition against the soirit of God will be recompenced in full. Religion does not cover for unbelief and opposition to the spirit of God."

Repent of your wickedness or at the least get out of the way.

Spirit of God; not soirit (typo above).

This darn iPad messes my typing; "not God works" is error

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com