Adventist Online

Who are the "true" davidians, are they the shepherds rod or ???

Views: 2408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reasoning said

“Do you guys believe the SDA church will have tares in it after the shaking?

Do you believe the shaking that's to take place in the SDA Church happens before, during, or after the Loud Cry?”

Then said

“…It's obvious if you answer the question you would have clearly agree judgment must begin  at the house of GOD, if it first begins with the Church of GOD, then that implies the world will get judged after.

Davidians believe that separation of Wheat & tears in the SDA Church happens just before the Loud Cry/Latter rain. I agree with the Davidians teaching, because it's what the Bible and EGW/SOP teaches.

Everyone agrees judgment starts with GOD'S Church first, so you not answering the question brother Jason doesn't negate this fact.

SOP speaks of a shaking to take place in the Church, Laodicea, the SDA Church.

SOP teaches the tares, the weeds will be weeded out of GOD'S Church , and GOD will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the Latter rain.”

………………………………….

So, you see why I didn’t answer your question? You have not understood what 1 Peter 4:17 is referring to. After mentioning this text, you went on to talk about a shaking and separation “In the Church, Laodicea, the SDA Church.” It is clear that you have not understood what the text is referring to based on your explanation and referencing it in connection with a separation and shaking to take place in this life.

If your mind was open you would remember that this text is referring to the Investigative Judgement happening in heaven, not a separation and shaking. Ellen White in the book Christ in his Sanctuary said:

“In the typical service only those who had come before God with confession and repentance, and whose sins, through the blood of the sin offering, were transferred to the sanctuary, had a part in the service of the Day of Atonement. So in the great day of final atonement and investigative judgment the only cases considered are those of the professed people of God. The judgment of the wicked is a distinct and separate work, and takes place at a later period. “Judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel?” 1 Peter 4:17. {CIHS 116.2}

The books of record in heaven, in which the names and the deeds of men are registered, are to determine the decisions of the judgment.” . {CIHS 116.3}

The only context this verse is used in the SOP is the investigative judgement

You hold a fanciful idea about what the nature and condition of the church prior to the ‘loud cry’, “but, pleasing though it may be, it is contrary to the teachings of Christ and His apostles, who declared that the wheat and the tares are to grow together until the harvest, the end of the world;”… CIHS 50.2}

“In the parable of the wheat and the tares, we see the reason why the tares were not to be plucked up; it was lest the wheat be rooted up with the tares…

…The time of the harvest will fully determine the character of the two classes specified under the figure of the tares and the wheat. The work of separation is given to the angels of God, and not committed into the hands of any man.” {GRC 32.2}

Again, reasoning you don’t understand the quotes you are posting. As you said ‘put on your thinking cap.

Human Activity After Probation’s Close

The righteous and the wicked will still be living upon the earth in their mortal state—men will be planting and building, eating and drinking, all unconscious that the final, irrevocable decision has been pronounced in the sanctuary above.—The Great Controversy, 491 (1911). {LDE 231.1}

When the irrevocable decision of the sanctuary has been pronounced, and the destiny of the world has been forever fixed, the inhabitants of the earth will know it not. The forms of religion will be continued by a people from whom the Spirit of God has been finally withdrawn, and the Satanic zeal with which the prince of evil will inspire them for the accomplishment of his malignant designs, will bear the semblance of zeal for God.—The Great Controversy, 615 (1911). {LDE 231.2}

The wheat and tares “grow together until the harvest.” In the discharge of life’s duties the righteous will to the last be brought in contact with the ungodly. The children of light are scattered among the children of darkness, that the contrast may be seen by all.—Testimonies for the Church 5:100 (1882). {LDE 231.3}

Christ declared that when He comes some of His waiting people will be engaged in business transactions. Some will be sowing in the field, others reaping and gathering in the harvest, and others grinding at the mill.—Manuscript 26, 1901. {LDE 231.4}

Please understand the effect of the latter rain, don’t allow your preconceive ideas confuse and blind you.  

At that time the “latter rain,” or refreshing from the presence of the Lord, will come, to give power to the loud voice of the third angel, and prepare the saints to stand in the period when the seven last plagues shall be poured out.—Early Writings, 86 (1854). {LDE 186.4}

I heard those clothed with the armor speak forth the truth with great power. It had effect.... I asked what had made this great change. An angel answered, “It is the latter rain, the refreshing from the presence of the Lord, the loud cry of the third angel.”—Early Writings, 271 (1858). {LDE 186.5}

The latter rain will come, and the blessing of God will fill every soul that is purified from every defilement. It is our work today to yield our souls to Christ, that we may be fitted for the time of refreshing from the presence of the Lord—fitted for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.—Selected Messages 1:191 (1892). {LDE 193.1}

Again, this is a total waste of time since you will persist in your error

Peace 

Jason wrote: "If your mind was open you would remember that this text is referring to the Investigative Judgement happening in heaven, not a separation and shaking. Ellen White in the book Christ in his Sanctuary said:"

Right, that's why you don't understand, because we are talking about the executive Judgement and not investigative. Of course any judgement starts with the investigative part, then executive. Open your mind to that my brother. 

After the investigative judgement, The shaking in the Church is the executive event of Judgement that will weed out the tares from the Church. How GOD chooses to do that is HIS decision. I understand the investigative judgement, but we are discussing the executive part of Judgement in GOD'S Church first. With that in mind let's read, 

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment [investigative & executive] must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

SDA get judge first, beginning with investigative, then action on what was investigated. 

EGW: "The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed and he will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain.... – {3SM 385.3}

Unfortunately you believe and teach the weeds will remain in the Church until the Loud Cry has ended, but SOP says the weeds will weeded out, weeded out from where? The Church, amongst the people of GOD...  then HE will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry, and they will be prepared to give the Loud Cry during the outpouring of the Latter rain. To be prepared is to be ready before it comes. When GOD'S Church goes and gather the great multitude, they aren't coming into a Church with weeds in it bro.

Why do you want there to be weeds in GOD'S Church during the Loud Cry? the devil would love for you to believe and teach that. 

Blessings! 

Reasoning said: "After the investigative judgement, The shaking in the Church is the executive event of Judgement that will weed out the tares from the Church. How GOD chooses to do that is HIS decision. I understand the investigative judgement, but we are discussing the executive part of Judgement in GOD'S Church first. With that in mind let's read,"  

But the SOP said 

Besides the coming of the Lord to His temple, Malachi also foretells His second advent, His coming for the execution of the judgment, in these words: “And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not Me, saith the Lord of hosts.” Malachi 3:5. Jude refers to the same scene when he says, “Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds.” Jude 14, 15. This coming, and the coming of the Lord to His temple, are distinct and separate events. {CIHS 103.3}

actually everyone knows about the Executive part of the judgement happens when Jesus comes the Second time, not sure why you believe the executive judgement is the shaking.... 

Peace 

Jason wrote: "actually everyone knows about the Executive part of the judgement happens when Jesus comes the Second time, not sure why you believe the executive judgement is the shaking.... "

What do you call the weeds/tares to be shaking or weeded out of the Church just before the Loud Cry starts? What do you call this separation amongst the people (Wheat & tares) in GOD'S Church?

EGW: "The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed and he will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain.... – {3SM 385.3}

Don't you believe the weeds will remain in the Church until the end of the Loud Cry or the second coming of Jesus? 

If so, SOP shows you to be incorrect with that thinking.. To be prepared for the latter rain is being ready before it actually starts. 

Blessings! 

Reasoning you must read the quote in context and read other quotes on the same subject to get the full gist of what the  quote is saying.  

you pay too much attention to one quote you Don't understand and then run with it  like Usain Bolt on a 100 meter track. I thought by now you would have read the context.  Here is the quote in context: 

The Lord appoints and sends forth ministers not only to preach, for this is a small part of His work, but to minister; to educate the people not to be fighters, but to be examples of piety. There are workers in every department appointed to do their work. When Jesus ascended on high He gave some apostles, and some prophets, and some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers. Some have entered the work with a human commission rather than the divine. They have educated themselves as debaters, and the churches under their care show the character of their work. They were not ready, they were not fitted for the work. Their hearts are not right with God. In short, they have a theory, but not true conversion and sanctification through the truth. The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed, and He will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain. {Lt55-1886.24}

she chose not to say a pure church but a pure true ministry. please read the first sentence ( the subject of the paragraph) to understand the meaning and substance the the paragraph  and the true meaning of the lest sentence.

BTW i will provide other quotes to help you 

Not having received the love of the truth, they will be taken in the delusions of the enemy; they will give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils and will depart from the faith.—Testimonies for the Church 6:401 (1900)

I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen, and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this will cause a shaking among God's people.—Testimonies For The Church 1:181 (1857). 

your religion is one of damage control. Reminds me of the JWs. when ever I should them their error they will come up with something else while totally 'forgetting' that they were in error but still they would maintain that they have the truth. It does not matter if you prove 100 of their errors false...   

Peace 

Jason wrote: "you pay too much attention to one quote you Don't understand and then run with it like Usain Bolt on a 100 meter track. I thought by now you would have read the context. Here is the quote in context: "

Jason wrote: "she chose not to say a pure church but a pure true ministry. please read the first sentence ( the subject of the paragraph) to understand the meaning and substance the the paragraph and the true meaning of the lest sentence."

EGW : "We are to be ready and waiting for the orders of God. Nations will be stirred to their very center. Support will be withdrawn from those who proclaim God’s only standard of righteousness, the only sure test of character. And all who will not bow to the decree of the national councils, and obey the national laws to exalt the sabbath instituted by the man of sin to the disregard of God’s holy day, will feel, not the oppressive power of popery alone, but of the Protestant world, the image of the beast.... – {3SM 385.2}
The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed and he will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain.... – {3SM 385.3}

First of all, you didn't even post the statement from where I posted, I quoted EGW in 3SM p.385, you posted from Lt55...  the statement I posted, there is an issue that will weed out those whom GOD has not appointed, that main issue is the Sunday laws.

EGW : ".. And all who will not bow to the decree of the national councils, and obey the national laws to exalt the sabbath instituted by the man of sin to the disregard of God’s holy day, will feel, not the oppressive power of popery alone, but of the Protestant world, the image of the beast.... – {3SM 385.2}

I did read the context, how does the change the fact that GOD will have pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the Latter rain. I'm just pointing out the weeds will be weeded out right before the latter rain is given.

EGW : "The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed and he will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain...." – {3SM 385.3}

The shaking is connected, what do you believe the shaking in the Church accomplishes? 

It's to shake out who doesn't belong in the Church right? 

EGW : "I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God’s people. – {EW 270.2}
I saw that the testimony of the True Witness has not been half heeded. The solemn testimony upon which the destiny of the church hangs has been lightly esteemed, if not entirely disregarded. This testimony must work deep repentance; all who truly receive it will obey it and be purified. – {EW 270.3}

Jason, we know the Laodiceans is the SDA Church, a shaking is going to happen, and it happens just before the Loud Cry. 

EGW: "During the Loud Cry the CHURCH, aided by the providential interpositions of her exaled Lord, will diffuse the knowledge of salvation so abundantly that light will be commmunicated to every city and town." Ev 694 [1904] 

Brother Jason, the Church during the Loud Cry won't have any tares in it... Do you believe the "the Church" with tares are aided by the providential interposition of Jesus? 

The Wheat will stand out and the tares will be separate from them. 

Why would GOD gather HIS people from the fallen churches and the world into HIS Church mingled with tares?

Blessings! 

Reasoning again you are so blind? why? you are quoting from a compilation called Selected Messages. I gave you the original quote in context but you want the two unrelated paragraphs from Selected Messages. what is a compilation? 

SELECTED MESSAGES IS A UNIQUE TYPE OF COMPILATION, IN THAT IT SEEKS TO GATHER TOGETHER AND MAKE PERMANENTLY AVAILABLE NOT ONLY VALUABLE PERIODICAL ARTICLES AND MANUSCRIPT STATEMENTS BUT ALSO CERTAIN PRICELESS OLD PAMPHLETS AND TRACTS NOW OUT OF PRINT. " 

THE SEVERAL SECTIONS IN THESE VOLUMES ARE QUITE UNRELATED. AN INTRODUCTORY STATEMENT WILL BE FOUND AT THE OPENING OF EACH SECTION, GIVING THE BACKGROUND OF THE ITEMS THAT APPEAR. HERE AND THERE THROUGH THE TEXT, NOTES OF EXPLANATION WILL BE FOUND. 

THIS WORK, SELECTED MESSAGES, HAS BEEN COMPILED IN THE OFFICES OF THE ELLEN G. WHITE PUBLICATIONS UNDER THE DIRECTION OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE ELLEN G. WHITE PUBLICATIONS AND BY ITS STAFF.

In 1958, the publication of Selected Messages, Books 1 and 2, made available in permanent form counsels that had become particularly significant since the last volume of Testimonies for the Church had appeared in 1909. 

Peace 

Jason wrote: "Reasoning again you are so blind? why? you are quoting from a compilation called Selected Messages. I gave you the original quote in context but you want the two unrelated paragraphs from Selected Messages. what is a compilation? "

That is true, but it doesn't change the fact that before the Latter rain the weeds will be weeded out. Also, the quote I gave with talking about Sunday law enforcement was connected with the quote of weeding out those whom GOD has not appointed. 

Why do you believe they put it there?

EGW : "We are to be ready and waiting for the orders of God. Nations will be stirred to their very center. Support will be withdrawn from those who proclaim God’s only standard of righteousness, the only sure test of character. And all who will not bow to the decree of the national councils, and obey the national laws to exalt the sabbath instituted by the man of sin to the disregard of God’s holy day, will feel, not the oppressive power of popery alone, but of the Protestant world, the image of the beast.... – {3SM 385.2}
The great issue so near at hand will weed out those whom God has not appointed and he will have a pure, true, sanctified ministry prepared for the latter rain.... – {3SM 385.3}

do you believe they just decided to put it there for no reason? 

Do you believe the shaking in the Church is to separate those who don't belong in GOD'S Church with those who do ? 

When do you believe the shaking in the Church happens?

bless! 

Human Activity After Probation’s Close

The righteous and the wicked will still be living upon the earth in their mortal state—men will be planting and building, eating and drinking, all unconscious that the final, irrevocable decision has been pronounced in the sanctuary above.—The Great Controversy, 491 (1911). {LDE 231.1}

When the irrevocable decision of the sanctuary has been pronounced, and the destiny of the world has been forever fixed, the inhabitants of the earth will know it not. The forms of religion will be continued by a people from whom the Spirit of God has been finally withdrawn, and the Satanic zeal with which the prince of evil will inspire them for the accomplishment of his malignant designs, will bear the semblance of zeal for God.—The Great Controversy, 615 (1911). {LDE 231.2}

The wheat and tares “grow together until the harvest.” In the discharge of life’s duties the righteous will to the last be brought in contact with the ungodly. The children of light are scattered among the children of darkness, that the contrast may be seen by all.—Testimonies for the Church 5:100 (1882). {LDE 231.3}

Christ declared that when He comes some of His waiting people will be engaged in business transactions. Some will be sowing in the field, others reaping and gathering in the harvest, and others grinding at the mill.—Manuscript 26, 1901. {LDE 231.4}

Please understand the effect of the latter rain, don’t allow your preconceive ideas confuse and blind you.  

At that time the “latter rain,” or refreshing from the presence of the Lord, will come, to give power to the loud voice of the third angel, and prepare the saints to stand in the period when the seven last plagues shall be poured out.—Early Writings, 86 (1854). {LDE 186.4}

I heard those clothed with the armor speak forth the truth with great power. It had effect.... I asked what had made this great change. An angel answered, “It is the latter rain, the refreshing from the presence of the Lord, the loud cry of the third angel.”—Early Writings, 271 (1858). {LDE 186.5}

The latter rain will come, and the blessing of God will fill every soul that is purified from every defilement. It is our work today to yield our souls to Christ, that we may be fitted for the time of refreshing from the presence of the Lord—fitted for the baptism of the Holy Spirit.—Selected Messages 1:191 (1892). {LDE 193.1}

Many will be in heaven who their neighbors supposed would never enter there. Man judges from appearance, but God judges the heart. The tares and the wheat are to grow together until the harvest; and the harvest is the end of probationary time. {COL 71.3

The tares are permitted to grow among the wheat, to have all the advantage of sun and shower; but in the time of harvest ye shall “return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not.” Malachi 3:18. Christ Himself will decide who are worthy to dwell with the family of heaven. He will judge every man according to his words and his works. Profession is as nothing in the scale. It is character that decides destiny. {COL 74.4}

The Saviour does not point forward to a time when all the tares become wheat. The wheat and tares grow together until the harvest, the end of the world. Then the tares are bound in bundles to be burned, and the wheat is gathered into the garner of God. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father.Thenthe Son of man shall send forth His angelsand they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offendand them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” {COL 75.1}

Peace 

Brother Jason, I believe I know what the latter rain is about, you don't have anything I wrote to show I'm wrong in what I think about the Latter rain., do you?

do you believe the Loud Cry/Latter rain is the time of the harvest? 

If so, when it's over, do you believe the wheat and tares will be separated? 

Bless! 

search for a quote on the purpose and function on the latter rain 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com