Adventist Online

Who are the "true" davidians, are they the shepherds rod or ???

Views: 2661

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Shepherd's Rod, what is that? a drink?

false message!!!!!!!

and the founder is a pedophile 

Peace 

Benico wrote: "The Shepherd's Rod, what is that? a drink?
false message!!!!!!! and the founder is a pedophile "

 From what I've found out, Victor H did marry a young teenage girl, however, if we look at that from the lense of this day in time, yeah, it would be weird and pedophileish. 

Back then and still even today (I think), especially in those southern states, men were allowed to marry teenage girls with their parents consent. 

 Does that make it right? No.   However, the mentality back in those days were different than it is now, well in most places in the USA. Of course, as we come to understand, a young teenage woman hasn't fully developed physically and mentally, so putting her in that situation at that time of her life isn't wise.

 I really don't believe 18 or 19 is a good age to get married neither, but it's perfectly fine by law.... some people might cringe if they see a 50 year old man  married to a 18/19 year old woman, but lawfully it's ok. 

 Like I said before Benicio, I don't focus so much on a individual personal life, but more of what is taught. Not all, but most of what I read seems to harmonize.

Blessings!

Peace 

 Sharon wrote : "What is so wrong with the truth. The Srod is a group of people that are not afraid to accept the WHOLE truth of scripture and the SOP and are willing to pass on the light of truth to those that have the heart and mind to listen and obey the teachings of truth. Be. Houteff was the other half of the prophecy of Zech. 4."

   Hi Sharon, thanks mainly to AO, I was able to get a deeper understanding of what the SR (Davidians) believe. As I've found out, there are many SR groups, they are not one group. The reason being is that they have different teachings on some things, however most teachings of majority of the groups agree. 

 Me personally, from what I have read, I agree with allot of what is taught, and some teachings I don't agree with  and question.  I've had discussions on things on don't agree with, and strangely enough the writer Victor H. didn't agree with some SR groups beliefs and teachings. Perhaps we can discuss those teachings someday. Thank you.

Blessings!

 

The history of the Shepherd’s Rod, what have they achieve in 72 year of the Shepherd’s Rod?

They have achieved a division of 20-30 groups (Texas, California, New York Mountain dale, New Mexico, Salem ect). In the 72 years of the message so many division that they do not even know among them self which one have the original message.
“The Shepherd’s Rod is neither true to simple facts, nor true to the word of God, and it is condemned by the very Testimonies it quotes from.”
If the SR message was a true message of God, I believe that God whole has leaded his church to the message. Like what happen in 1888 with the message of Righteousness and Justification. God had sent the message, and some of the leader (SDA) had problem with it. But at the of end day they has accepted the message. And today the church is preaching Righteousness by Faith! 
The shepherd’s Rod teachings have always been a confusing mass of contradiction. Victor T. Houteff has an imaginings about Scripture were thought by him as the mind of God!

Houteff claimed that he is infallibility without limit.
This is proof; “We must conclude that the ‘Rod’ contains all truth, or NO TRUTH, OR THERE IS NO TRUTH IN IT SAVE THE QOUTATION OF TRUTH (THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY). THEREFORE, IF WE ADMIT ONE TRUTH REVEALED BY THE ‘Rod,’ then we must accept it all as truth….THEREFORE WE TAKE THE POSITION THAT THE THAT THE MESSAGE IN THE’ROD’ IS FREE FROM ERROR IN SO FAR THE IDEA PUT FORTH IS CONCERED.” Victor T. Houteff, August 31, 1931 [Italics]
Here was a man who claimed infallibility without limit. Self Ellen G. White says only God in heaven is infallible. We have many things to unlearn and many this to learn; only God in heaven is infallible.

I will say for 99% of those who are believe in the Shepherd’s Rod message, are those who have problem with their pastor, Elders or with The General Conference.
But the SOP is clear upon this point “We cannot now step off the foundation that God has established. We cannot now enter into any NEW ORGANIZATION; for this would mean apostasy from the truth.” Manuscript 129, 1905 
I’m not denying that we have some sin in administration. That is why we have to sigh and cry under the three angels messages in the church. Not in a new organization, like the Shepherd’s Rod and none!
Benicio

well said Benicia. 

Peace 

Benicio wrote: "They have achieved a division of 20-30 groups (Texas, California, New York Mountain dale, New Mexico, Salem ect). In the 72 years of the message so many division that they do not even know among them self which one have the original message."

I agree with you, if there is a message to be given, I would think it'll be one message. 


Benicio wrote: "“The Shepherd’s Rod is neither true to simple facts, nor true to the word of God, and it is condemned by the very Testimonies it quotes from.”
If the SR message was a true message of God, I believe that God whole has leaded his church to the message. Like what happen in 1888 with the message of Righteousness and Justification. God had sent the message, and some of the leader (SDA) had problem with it. But at the of end day they has accepted the message. And today the church is preaching Righteousness by Faith! "

 I disagree, from most of what I read from VTH, the Testimonies confirms what he teaches in the SR book. 


Benicio wrote: "The shepherd’s Rod teachings have always been a confusing mass of contradiction. Victor T. Houteff has an imaginings about Scripture were thought by him as the mind of God!"

 Again, from I've read in the SR book, it seems to harmonize on what the Bible teaches and with what EGW wrote.

Benicio wrote: "Houteff claimed that he is infallibility without limit.
This is proof; “We must conclude that the ‘Rod’ contains all truth, or NO TRUTH, OR THERE IS NO TRUTH IN IT SAVE THE QOUTATION OF TRUTH (THE SPIRIT OF PROPHECY). THEREFORE, IF WE ADMIT ONE TRUTH REVEALED BY THE ‘Rod,’ then we must accept it all as truth….THEREFORE WE TAKE THE POSITION THAT THE THAT THE MESSAGE IN THE’ROD’ IS FREE FROM ERROR IN SO FAR THE IDEA PUT FORTH IS CONCERED.” Victor T. Houteff, August 31, 1931 [Italics]
Here was a man who claimed infallibility without limit. Self Ellen G. White says only God in heaven is infallible. We have many things to unlearn and many this to learn; only God in heaven is infallible."

 It don't sound like he (VTH) believed he believes he's was infallible, but had confidence that the SR book he wrote was the truth.... That's not the same as saying or believing he was infallible. 

Benicio wrote: "But the SOP is clear upon this point “We cannot now step off the foundation that God has established. We cannot now enter into any NEW ORGANIZATION; for this would mean apostasy from the truth.” Manuscript 129, 1905 .. I’m not denying that we have some sin in administration. That is why we have to sigh and cry under the three angels messages in the church. Not in a new organization, like the Shepherd’s Rod and none!"

 Again, from what I read in the SR book, I didn't see where he step off the foundation that GOD has established. As far as a new organization, from what I read, VTH was disfellowshiped from the SDA Church because of what he taught in the SR book... and because of that and because the Government was drafting people to fight in war, he started the DSDA to avoid being put in a position to fight in war. 

 What was his options, stop teaching what he thought was truth and be refellowshiped into the SDA Church and avoid war, or continue to teach what he believed was the truth and get protection by starting the DSDA. 

Blessings! 

My advice to you is go and join them.

My God bless you.

p.s.; unmask the wolf 

reasoning says; "I don't believe V.T.H to(be) the last prophet before the day of the Lord. I believe it's someone (else),

 

For a guy who never has read a track or a book of the Shepherd's Rod, it is very amass that you call Victor T. Houteff a prophet!

 

With your words you have admit that V.T.H. is not the last prophet. In under words he is a prophet for you, and you accept him as a prophet.

 

This are your words!!

Benicio

Do you remember this words Reasoning. What you are saying right is now new revelation for me.

You know my position  and I know yours. If you won't pretend, keep on pretending.

My God bless you.

p.s.; unmask the wolf

check through any thread on the 144000 or any of their doctrines and you will know the  true reasoning 

Peace 

Jason wrote: "check through any thread on the 144000 or any of their doctrines and you will know the true reasoning "

Yes, the true reasoning will be seen.... People will see a person without prejudice, a person that hears the other side before believing what other people tell me. That's how I became a SDA, despite the people saying the SDA Church is a cult.

 Yes, check the threads on the 144,000 brother Jason, the crazy thing is you believe the same as the SR (Davidians).

 How do I know, because you believe the same as pastor Doug B. in regards to the 144,000, and the Davidians teach the same thing. Do you even realize that or are you blinded by prejudice that you can't see where there is agreement? 

Blessings! 

Peace 

 Oh brother Benicio, I don't believe VTH is the last prophet, now, do I believe he was a prophet? I don't know. I haven't read it all, but I do find most of what VTH writes in the SR book to be correct, I have read some tracts, etc... But to imply I'm saying VTH was a prophet is a stretch. 

I wrote these statements in June of 2016,

 Reasoning:  'Again, I haven't read all of what VTH wrote, but there are things I have read and agree with, like the 144,000, and the shaking out of the tares that must happen in the church before the Loud Cry. If that's part of the Elijah's message then I'm saying it's found in the Bible and SOP..'

 Reasoning:  'your view believing VTH is the person(Elijah) to come means he's the last prophet to come and he has all the truth needed within his message, that the scroll has fully unrolled.. I guess you believe all is needed now is that people see and understand the fully unrolled scroll message found in VTH writings?'

 Reasoning:  'You believe Victor H. Was Elijah to come, which we agree whoever this Elijah is, that he is the last to come. So I asked, If that was the case, with your view that Victor H. Is the last prophet(Elijah) to come, I ask, How can he be the last prophet to come if there is one more prophecied prophet to come?'

 I was having a discussion with a Davidian, now,  where exactly do I call VTH a prophet Benicio? Are you lying on me?

 Don't get me wrong, I won't rule it out though.... I said this in 2016, 

 Reasoning: ' I will say this, I haven't read much, but most of what I've read from Victor H. Is back up by the Bible first and foremost, and the writings of EGW."

 

 I believe your so blinded by a bais, and destine for the Davidians you say this,

Benicio wrote: "I mean the Rod message have no drop of truth in it, accept the qouted of the SOP!"

 That is a false statement Benicio... how do I know? Because I have read things in the SR book to be truth. 

Blessings! 

good morning 

A full glass of water with one drop of poison, is the water still good for drink? 

RSS

Site Sponsors

 

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free


USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

 

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service