Adventist Online

The average male will produce roughly 525 billion sperm cells over a lifetime and shed at least one billion of them per month. A healthy adult male can release between40 million and 1.2 billion sperm cells in a single ejaculation.

Question

Does God choose which sperm fertilises the egg or do you think he set it up through nature and why.

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He does set it up through the natural occasion of ejaculation. But Christ is also at work making sure the correct sperm fertilizes the correct egg and the developing envelope surrounds the correct egg. There are mutations in nature now and also DNA misreads and missteps because of sin and otherwise unexplainable problems with fertilization. The problem is sin and the wearing out of the DNA because of sin's woeful effect on the human race. Jesus saves. and We must look to Him the perfect example in all things. The sinless One.

Be blessed,
Amen.

More couples are having trouble getting pregnant nowadays why do you think this is?

There are reasons for that The plastic we are using for food containers and drink containers has a slow way of poisoning the body in many ways including the reproductive organs, it seems to affect men more than women. 

ohh wow. I did not know that.

andrew are you saying that nature chooses?

I'm saying God chooses.

We need to be careful to extrapolate the abilities of God on human understanding If you believe gods word is true we will find that God knows us even before we were a glint in our dad's eye.

Isaiah 49:1New International Reader's Version (NIRV)

The Servant of the Lord

49 People who live on the islands, listen to me.
    Pay attention, you nations far away.
Before I was born the Lord chose me to serve him.
    Before I was born the Lord spoke my name.

If Adam was wise he would have called out and ran away from Eve.

Many of the families in the Old Testament were dysfunctional. 

Joseph ran away from Potiphar's wife, he was wise.

Paul says it's better to be single. 1 Cor: 7:8

Jesus never married. 

It is not a sin or wrong to get married and have children, but the Bible shows us it is not easy and probably better to remain single if we have the ability to do so.  

Raymond,

I don’t think the bible teaches its better to remain single. Marriage is a God plan, it’s a human example of God plan for humanity. The Son marries the bride and is brought into the family of the Father; the Elohim God Family. The Son and the wife will bring children into the family, other will be saved after the first resurrection.

Concerning marriage, the bibles says

• And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
  • He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
  • Husbands, love your wives, as The Messiah also loves his church and gave himself up for her sake.

What bible are you reading or are just making things up as you go?

Marriage is Holy just like the Sabbath is Holy, but there is no doubt that if you get married you will have trouble in life.  If you think marriage is bliss and fluffy creamy wonderfulness wrapped in cotton candy your totally wrong. For those who get married and remain married it is a lesson about love and forgiveness and it is hard work.

The apostle Paul talk at length about marriage and remaining single and it is great advice. This evangelical idea that everyone must have a wife and children in the last days is maybe not the greatest advice. There is good reason for people to stay single if they are "ABLE" and willing to do so.  It is good to get married but there is nothing more lonely than laying next to someone who incompatible with your goals or beliefs.  Finding someone and walking with the Lord is not easy if one person is out of step.

The life of Jesus and the Bible teach us that families do not always have the most Godly wants for individuals and sometimes selfishly they seek the worst and most selfish ends for those who are seeking God.

Husbands, love your wives, as The Messiah also loves his church and gave himself up for her sake.

What bible are you reading or are just making things up as you go?

In both cases I have given you scriptures so nothing is made up.  The Bible is clear about this you just have to read and shows how dysfunctional we are due to sin.  Not seeking a wife or husband because you are busy with what God has you doing is not a sin but rather it is a virtue. Getting married because a bunch of busy bodies don't like the fact that you are single is not Godly.  Also I can tell you from experience that there is nothing quite as painful as raising children to find out when they go out in the world they reject God.   Couple this with a family who does their best to pull you away from God because your beliefs causes them to be convicted.  

Spouse and Children are not a blessing unless you have gotten them through obedience to the Lord with prayer and tears and even then it is much work.

I am happily married to a believer but my past life has taught me a few bitter lessons and has had me look at what the Bible has to say.  Tell me Gene did Jesus have anything good to say about families or did he speak to each as an individual.  

I am happily married to my wifey, and we love each other a lot.  

Trials will come, but we hopefully are prepared for the trials.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2017   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service