Adventist Online

yyyyyyyyyy

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the context of Christianity, the Bible affirms that "all that shall live godly shall suffer persecution"( 2 Tim 3:12). This sounds to me like when life is so smooth, we've got to ask ourselves if we are still abiding in Christ. Furthermore, 1 Pet 4:13-19 tells us about the joy we ought to find as partakers in Christ's sufferings. "But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." So, as far as God is concerned, afflictions that accompany ungodly deeds is no much of suffering as it is of the 'wages' of sin.

Second reason is that the Lord chastens those that he loves and receives as his sons(Hebrews 12:5-11). Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Because there is so much SIN!!! That's the short and simply answer to why there is so much pain. Maybe I would ask the question:  How do I cope with the PAIN????

Corrie Ten Boom story

This provides a tiny peice of the puzzle of what  God does in the midst.

My heart is warmed everytime i hear her story

Of a Great GOD despite all the evil in the world

here is the full movie on UTUBE

THE HIDING PLACE

James 1:2-4 My brethen, count it all joy when ye fall into diverse temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. Suffering help us draw closer to God that no matter what circumstances we go through God will always be there for us. It makes us to see where we stand and test to find if that faith we have is genuine. We should never be discouraged but to have patience and endurance to develope a Christlike character which is the product of a cheerful faith. It will help us to do the work God has given us to do. Paraphrased from Bible Commentry Volume 7 page 503-505

ROB amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

and YVONNE SIMMONS!

yes i agre about the PAIN!!!!!!!!

So true, so true! God has it all under control even when we doubt, he is in control!

the bible say all that live Godly shall suffer persecution,even though we will go through persecution God promise that he will never leave us nore forsake us .Sis Yvonne  ask How do we cope with the Pain? Well sis God don't allow situation to confront us if he knows that we cannot bear it,when God breath life into man's nostril he also breath wisdom into us so that we would be wise in making choices.We can cope with the pain by counting the many blessings that we recieved from God then ask the Lord what lesson is there for you to learn from this situation.If there is no PAIN there will be no GAIN .

well there u have it!

in other words

BUCK UP!

i have a feeling when we talk about pain we are reaching out to be heard

not wanting bottled advice

and i say this very kindly:)

I agree with you.  Those who ask the question about pain are not looking for solution.  They just need to be heard.  Sometimes one human acknowledging another's hurt isjust  enough to bring healing to a situation. Thank God he knows all our sorrow!!!

I agree.  Spoken like a true saint. Our Lord does not put more on us than we can bear. He knows our limits because he is loving like that!! Many of us have gained wisdow from the pain we have survived!  Amen!

Because God gave us free will and most of us have chosen to be jerks and make others suffer due to our bad decisions...

yes.........and some of us just don't know any other way of acting because treating others unkind is all we have seen!!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service