Adventist Online

I was listening to the sermon last Sabbath and the pastor was mentioning Sister White and used Rev 12:17 and 19:10 to prove that she was the Spirit of Prophecy, and since she is, then therefore our church is the remnant church. I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions, but what hit me when I read these verses is this,: the spirit of prophecy, the very heart of prophecy, the focus and destination and ultimate purpose of prophecy, not the letter of- but the spirit of, is the testimony of Jesus, the written Word and spoken Word about the Living Word. Does anyone understand this concept? So why do we call sister white the SOP?

Views: 1308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is getting beyond a joke James You are a proven Liar and a braggart. The God I know does not like such a person. You call me a blasphemer well you are lying because the God I know has told us to be on our guard for some of your ilks. Do not worry about warning me I know what is true and what is false, how can a lawbreaker be blessed by God? You are satans spawn and remain so until you repent, I hope it will not be too late because time is short. 

Galatians 5:22-23

Leon

"Satan wasn't. telling Eve to rely on God. He was telling her to defy him and gain sinful knowledge. Hardly the way of the Spirit. We must be born again of the Spirit, submitting to Him in order to abide in Christ and obey the will of God."

To tell the truth Leon one can not see a lot of difference between you and Eve. You are relying on the Spirit as was Eve, also Eve's eyes was better than yours newer the less she was led astray. One wonders what makes you superior to Eve.

Ian

I am not superior to Eve, we both sinned, and we are both redeemed by Christ. As a sinner I am often led astray by my own selfish ambition, and I am in constant need of correction. Sadly I don't always listen to the Holy Spirit and I am forced to deal with His correction. I do love him in my Life and seek daily to abide in Christ because for me there is no other way that makes sense. 

Leon

Elijah: your position is that you can call me mentally ill (Borderline Personality Disorder), Satan’s spawn etc., associating me with an un-named church that according to you does evil including sodomy. That is despite the fact that It has been a long time since I have attended physically any church whatsoever, and I am not a practitioner or believer in either heterosexual or homosexual sodomy whatsoever.

With the type of behavior and treatment I have received from you and about five others I would be hesitant to attend any church whatsoever, including SDA. That is not to disparage others here or my former attendees I was associated with previously. In fact it has been three years since I attended any church in person and the last one I attended was an SDA church. If any there were practicing evil including sodomy, I would certainly not approve.

Where did you get your information from, inferring I am a sodomite, mentally ill, a child of the Devil and that the manifestations and testimonies I have related on this site are empowered by the Devil, when in fact you have never met nor witnessed anything I have done? And you call me a liar and a law breaker?

You are the epitome of everything that people object to about religious people; ignorant, judgmental, hypocritical and down right unkind and unloving and accusatory without considering how their words and attitudes hurt others.

In conclusion your attitudes and false accusations speak for themselves and are violative of the 10 commandments you are supposed to be an advocate for. Anyone who is an unbeliever after reading your statements would probably stay an unbeliever.

Regarding my attendance at any church or organization, or fellowship, that is none of your business. But I do fellowship with other believers including SDA by phone, email and texting or other internet means as I am open to different ministries on the internet. That is because unlike you, I am open to the truth which is not monopolized by the SDA or any one organization or person.

Your dispicable and totally ignorant behavior does not deserve any further response.

Here is an article; Why are Christians so mean? Here are 10 excuses why Christians are so mean;

https://redeeminggod.com/10-excuses-christians-give-for-treating-ot...

James said:

"Your dispicable and totally ignorant behavior does not deserve any further response."

Yes, James, you are just like a blowfly that one is trying to swat away you go away for a little while and then you are back just as detestable as before. As I said before you are breaking Gods Holy Law knowingly and think you can because you are saying you have a different understanding, well the light you have is your own kindling. Because as the bible says 

Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Isa 8:21 And they shall pass through it, hardly bestead and hungry: and it shall come to pass, that when they shall be hungry, they shall fret themselves, and curse their king and their God, and look upward.
Isa 8:22 And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

So according to the Bible that you seem to have no respect for points you out as God's enemy. And that is what I have been trying to tell you all this time, but you doggedly insist you are of God but the Bible tells us you are of the Devil. Clearly, there must still be a tiny amount of God in you because if there was not you would not worry about my accusations.  

You accuse me of breaking God's commandments and yes I know I am because I can not love such a detestable person like you, but I do pray for forgiveness for my sins, clearly something you do not. So seeing I can not make you go away I let you play your Satanic games and brag about it to your heart's content about your feats made in the name of  Satan.   

As Jesus said let the wheat and the weeds grow together, for that is what you are a detestable weed. Where you get the accusation of Sodomy from I do not know, I remember one member here said that that sort of thing happens in your kind of church, and I would not be surprised as they are as far removed from God as you can possibly be just as you are.   

Peace,

Hey Brother Charlie, yes, I understand what your saying, even though EGW writings are referred to as the SOP, it's not just her writings and it's not just writings. In short, the Spirit of Prophecy is the Spirit of Christ, the testimony of Jesus.

EGW writings are inspired by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, which is the Spirit of Prophecy.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of men: but holy men of GOD spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched dilligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow."

The Bible seems to be clear, the Spirit of Prophecy that was given to the prophets was the Spirit of Christ, the One who gives the prophecies and understanding.

Charlie: " I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions,.."

Great, then it means you believe EGW was given the Spirit of Prophecy, which is the Spirit of Christ. Maybe the mix up comes from saying EGW is the SOP, instead of saying EGW was given the Spirit of Prophecy. Again, which means by the Spirit of Christ, He gives prophecies and understanding to prophecies to certain people... and it's not just through writings.

Charlie: "So why do we call sister white the SOP?"

I call EGW a GOD fearing women, who was given the Spirit to prophesy, and that Spirit is the Spirit of Christ.

Thank you, Blessings!

There is a difference between 'spirit' and 'gift' - these words are not interchangeable.  I believe Mrs White was given the GIFT of prophecy, as were all the other prophets.

My contention is that the Bible plainly says that the SPIRIT, (as in heart, center, breath, goal, force, motivation, purpose) OF PROPHECY, is the Testimony Of Christ. Not as a title, which is how it seems to be used today. 

First and foremost, all manifestations of the spirit are from the spirit which resides in the believer, including prophecy. It is not an outside spirit that comes in (or rather should not be) but rather God energizes it, communicates with the spirit of the believer that resides in the believer in cooperation as the spirit works that way.

The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets, which means God does not overstep freedom of will. People are not possessed to speak etc., and that includes speaking in tongues.

EGW it is on record lost consciousness as well as holding up a Bible for what was it, 5 hours that was huge? A believer should not lose consciousness and have full control of themselves. For example in speaking in tongues and its interpretation or prophesy; the person should never fall down, do crazy things and in fact, a person can scratch themselves or look around with eyes wide open as normal. If I remember EGW closed her eyes when she received visions. Visually revelation can work with the eyes wide open and in the middle of the day even. There is an overlay of the regular vision momentarily, sort of similar to a dream but you are awake and in complete control except for the message spoken, received or perceived. Trances are not of God.

I hear SDA members saying that is proof she was a prophet? EGW's sincerity I do not question, but I have problems with some issues. She forbade speaking in tongues, which is Biblical and of the spirit of God if done with freedom of will, as with all nine manifestations which operate by cooperation with The Almighty.

The problem I have here is that people that have no experience and deep research into the holy spirit and its manifestations are not qualified technically to know the intricacies of nuance in these spiritual matters, which can only be judged by the spirit of God in operation (revelation; discerning of spirits) as well as have an accurate knowledge of the Word in general and specifically in this area.

Many here judge by the flesh and by presumptive opinions or misunderstandings and bias instead of by revelation backed up and in agreement with scripture and God's principles. The manifestations of holy spirit are operated by grace, and should be done with the love of God. The scriptures state that the prophets are to judge what the other prophets are saying, to make sure it is accurate and in alignment with the Word and God's principles. That is why anyone that judges these things should be operating all nine manifestations of holy spirit. Every pastor in the body of Christ should also be operating all nine manifestations of holy spirit .

I eat pork often which is my business, and the spirit works. I used to smoke cigarettes decades ago and the spirit of God worked regardless of that. Religion places rules that presume things. Perhaps some of you should start and eat pork, smoke some cigs ( I am saying this with tongue in cheek), because very few maybe a handful here have ever manifested any manifestation of the spirit to my understanding. There is also great opposition to any supernatural manifestations, even those of God. There is automatic presumption that it is of Satan. This is due to wrong teachings, lack of experience and understanding, fear and ignorance.

Except in the most obvious of cases, judgment should be withhled until known and proven, unbiased and based on scripture, knowledge, and especially discerning of spirits. If one has no experience in that area, they can't judge the nuances of what is going on, only the spirit of God can inform what is going on except in the most elementary ones, such as someone who comes to church drunk and is drunk every day all day, they definitely have a spirit of alcohol at minimun. But a person could have other spirits also which are not obvious such as drunkenness. A person could have a spirit of witchcraft, or be an antichrist dedicated to destroying Christianity, yet be the pastor or leader of a denomination even.

These spiritual matters, especially deliverance such as ministering healing, casting out demons and working of miracles and ascertaining what is going on spiritually require much experience, faith and understanding. These are not for the novice, the ignorant or the person assuming all the time. The demons will surprise even the most experienced, and that kind of work can be dangerous, and demons can retaliate and often do.

Are you trying to convince us to eat pork? Where will this madness end? God told the Jews pork is unclean if you eat unclean food you introduce uncleanness into your body and leave yourself open for the Devil to possess you, as you clearly are. 

So we see you thumbing your nose at God saying I eat unclean food, I disregard Your Commandments, I do whatever I want. And you are saying that God is blessing you? God is not mocked unpunished.    

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service