Adventist Online

I was listening to the sermon last Sabbath and the pastor was mentioning Sister White and used Rev 12:17 and 19:10 to prove that she was the Spirit of Prophecy, and since she is, then therefore our church is the remnant church. I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions, but what hit me when I read these verses is this,: the spirit of prophecy, the very heart of prophecy, the focus and destination and ultimate purpose of prophecy, not the letter of- but the spirit of, is the testimony of Jesus, the written Word and spoken Word about the Living Word. Does anyone understand this concept? So why do we call sister white the SOP?

Views: 1585

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keith

I believe the Bible yes but those who do not believe SOP probably also have problems with the Bible.

Elijah, another ridiculous statement based on your own uninformed preconception.

I agree with you whole-heartedly there Charlie B.

A figment of his own mind. Uninformed indeed.

Elijah stated:

"Charlie all I understand is if you have problems with SOP you have problems with God."

That statement is not Biblically true unless you mean ALL prophesy by the spirit of God by all prophets?

By your word structure it does not appear to mean ALL prophesy, just EGW prophesy?

"Rebuking disbelievers." There we go again with the exclusivity club of end-time remnant. Denying the one body of Christ. Judgment Judgment Judgment.

I Corinthians 12:27 "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular."

James, you claim to be of the body of Christ, explain to me how you can do that and disregarding most things Jesus said. All you do is quote a few passages of Paul that suits your paradigm. Here is a quote from sis White that describes you very well.

Through the devices of the great apostate, man has been led to separate himself from God, and has yielded to the temptations of the adversary of God and man in committing sin and breaking the law of the Most High. God could not alter one jot or tittle of His holy law to meet man in his fallen condition; for this would reflect discredit upon the wisdom of God in making a law by which to govern heaven and earth. But God could give His only-begotten Son to become man’s substitute and surety, to suffer the penalty that was merited by the transgressor, and to impart to the repentant soul His perfect righteousness. Christ became the sinless sacrifice for a guilty race, making men prisoners of hope, so that, through repentance toward God because they had broken His holy law, and through faith in Christ as their substitute, surety, and righteousness, they might be brought back to loyalty to God and to obedience to His holy law. Christ came not to destroy the law or the prophets, but to fulfill them to the very letter.

Elijah, that is a ridiculous statement,and one of the reasons people consider adventists a cult. Whether you comprehend it or not, (and it's sad either way) you have just equated EGW with God. And using Mrs. White's writings to show that if you are against her writings you are evil, is very close to the Mormons using Joseph Smith's writings to prove the same.

Excellent Charlie B. We have some real excellent thinkers here that have come out of the woodwork sort of speak, as I have not seen you here before Charlie B? Perhaps there is still hope for change in the SDA?

And what do you think needs to change SDA James?

Leon

You claim you have a close relationship with the "Spirit" if so you would with ease be able to understand what she meant. As your answer indicates one would wonder what is the real truth.

Ian 

I am not sure what you are referring to.

Herbert

"I am not sure what you are referring to".

By necessity the Holy Spirit Guiding You and EG White would be the same if not, we have a problem do we not.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service