Adventist Online

I was listening to the sermon last Sabbath and the pastor was mentioning Sister White and used Rev 12:17 and 19:10 to prove that she was the Spirit of Prophecy, and since she is, then therefore our church is the remnant church. I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions, but what hit me when I read these verses is this,: the spirit of prophecy, the very heart of prophecy, the focus and destination and ultimate purpose of prophecy, not the letter of- but the spirit of, is the testimony of Jesus, the written Word and spoken Word about the Living Word. Does anyone understand this concept? So why do we call sister white the SOP?

Views: 1715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Sabbath  brethren , i am a born S D A christian & i also chose to omit E G W writings from my belief  ....BECAUSE Even thou she says everything in line with the bible says , she add things in which we can,t disprove because she alone was privy to it .As certain visions & things    she saw the (spirit or an angel )led her to see .she also adds on to Bible doctrine that could of had a different meaning if she did,nt.    this is just one problem i had there others .Does that mean im not going to heaven :( ?.   

Believing in EGW does not mean going to heaven or not.

It does not say in Romans 10: 9 that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Ellen G. White...

"

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11  For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Be assured Teddy Sandy that if you have faith in Jesus Christ, confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ, believed that God raised him from the dead, "thou shalt be saved." See Romans 10:9-10 below Keith Mack and above this post immediately.

If you have faith in Jesus Christ would you obey His Ten commandments?

I would but our happy clapper "prophet" does not seem to think that is needed. As it says:

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

The "prophet" has a few missing in his heart and he says he is walking by a different understanding. What he is really doing is walking in the light of his own kindling.

Did you obey the commandments of The Lord according to I Corinthians chapter 14?

1Co 14:37  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1Co 14:38  But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

1Co 14:39  Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

1Co 14:40  Let all things be done decently and in order.

Speaking in tongues with freedom of will, the only way true tongues is done, is a sign according to both Jesus and Paul. It also is proof that the person is born again, and is evidence also that Jesus Christ got up from the dead. I know some of you won't like that because you don't like any manifestation of holy spirit.

Brother James, the problem I have with that theology, is that in essence, it sets up the very thing you are against in adventism, which is the mindset of "you are't truly saved if you don't ___." In the case of most charismatics, it's speaking in tongues. In the case of most adventists, it's keeping the Sabbath. Both mind sets are wrong. For the charismatics, the evidence of the Holy Spirit is glossolalia, but the Bible teaches that the evidence is in the fruit, (Gal 5:22-23), not in the tongue. For the adventists, the evidence of being led by the Spirit is keeping Sabbath, however, no where in the fruits does it mention keeping Sabbath. I understand the significance of God's times verses man's,  but the adventist church itself teaches that there will be people in God's Kingdom which never kept Sabbath before. 

I know you didn't explicitly say if someone doesn't speak in tongues they aren't saved, but your comment that it proves a person has been born again, more than implies that, which excludes anyone who has never practiced glossolalia from God's Kingdom, and that my brother, is not Biblical.  

Please explain how your commandments negate the other commandments? 

James do you know the Ten Commandments? 

He does not keep the fouth as well as the ninth I know this for sure 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com