Adventist Online

I was listening to the sermon last Sabbath and the pastor was mentioning Sister White and used Rev 12:17 and 19:10 to prove that she was the Spirit of Prophecy, and since she is, then therefore our church is the remnant church. I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions, but what hit me when I read these verses is this,: the spirit of prophecy, the very heart of prophecy, the focus and destination and ultimate purpose of prophecy, not the letter of- but the spirit of, is the testimony of Jesus, the written Word and spoken Word about the Living Word. Does anyone understand this concept? So why do we call sister white the SOP?

Views: 1714

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seems to me that you are trying to rubbish EGW in a roundabout way. I noted this quote from your link:

“There is no excuse for anyone in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed."

I have not seen anyone here saying we have all the truth and "there is nothing more to be revealed." There is plenty of critics out there who are inspired by the devil to do their best to cast a slur on the SDAC. And remember this:

When you find men questioning the testimonies, finding fault with them, and seeking to draw away the people from their influence, be assured that God is not at work through them. It is another spirit. Doubt and unbelief are cherished by those who do not walk circumspectly. They have a painful consciousness that their life will not abide the test of the Spirit of God, whether speaking through His Word or through the testimonies of His Spirit that would bring them to His Word. Instead of beginning with their own hearts, and coming into harmony with the pure principles of the gospel, they find fault, and condemn the very means that God has chosen to fit up a people to stand in the day of the Lord.{1SM 45.1}

You and I have different views on that blanket vilification of one's critics. Let's just say it's not a quote I would use in support of Mrs White.

Well, that is fair enough But I was merely trying to point out where those who are rubbishing The SDAC is coming from and that is not God as far as I understand. And as we know there is no shortage of critics of the SDAC as well as EGW. 

I think a wise response to criticism is to take it seriously until it is found to be of no merit.

No worries have a great day.

I hope we are in agreement there.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com