Adventist Online

I was listening to the sermon last Sabbath and the pastor was mentioning Sister White and used Rev 12:17 and 19:10 to prove that she was the Spirit of Prophecy, and since she is, then therefore our church is the remnant church. I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions, but what hit me when I read these verses is this,: the spirit of prophecy, the very heart of prophecy, the focus and destination and ultimate purpose of prophecy, not the letter of- but the spirit of, is the testimony of Jesus, the written Word and spoken Word about the Living Word. Does anyone understand this concept? So why do we call sister white the SOP?

Views: 1714

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WELL SAID JAMES.  THANK YOU.

Thank you Rick. I hope you are doing well?

YES, HI.  LOTS GOING ON WAS OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND BACK AGAIN.  YOU?

I KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING ELIJAH, BUT THERE IS SOMETHING THAT RUBS THE WRONG WAY WHEN WE HOLD HIGH AND ESTEEM A FELLOW MORTAL BEING TO THE LIKES OF GOD.

MY PASTOR AND OTHER PASTORS SOMETIME QUOTE EGW MORE THAN JESUS / BIBLE.  WHEN WE REGARD HER SO MUCH THAT SHE IS ELEVATED, WELL THEN SOMETHING IS OFF.

Yes Rick, its also called idolatry.

Idolatry, Let me tell you what idolatry is:

All men have been bought with this infinite price. By pouring the whole treasury of heaven into this world, by giving us in Christ all heaven, God has purchased the will, the affections, the mind, the soul, of every human being. Whether believers or unbelievers, all men are the Lord’s property. All are called to do service for Him, and for the manner in which they have met this claim, all will be required to render an account at the great judgment day. {COL 326.1}

When you serve self you are not serving God but satan. 

NO, some men and women are the Devil's property, They are called the children of the Devil, Luciferians, Satanists, and a host of other names of organizations and infiltrations.

They have committed the unforgivable sin, which is not just rejecting the salvation and spirit of God on one particular day, but going all the way and crossing the line and making Lucifer (directly or indirectly through another name) their God, and receive the spirit(s) of the Devil and/or fallen angels dwelling and communing with them on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, the Devil's people walk with their false God better than most Christians walk with the true God. They are not afraid to operate all the powers of darkness and wicked devices, even to the committing of the most evil acts of murder, child sacrifices, torture, mayhem, genocide on a mass scale, brain washing-mind control, introduction of poison in the air, water, food, objects, genetic alteration and destructions of all kinds including wars, economic distress, weather weapons, bombardment with dangerous frequencies of cell towers and wifi and smart meters and rolling out of the most dangerous 5 generation which will be like a mouse in a microwave oven.

I have studied these people for 33 years, their plans, accomplishments, and current events as they happened. I studied them in the scriptures also to know their characteristics and devices.

In your manner, you shall probably accuse me of being again a child of the Devil. Go ahead, you will have to answer also for that?

Ellen White is dead, how can she be the spirit of prophecy? The SOP ie not a human being ....

Well well JasonM, for once I agree with you. All ministries end (other than Jesus Christ's) at the death of the person.

People may be inspired by, follow, read about etc. certain ministries, some of which are in the Bible. But these are supposed to be examples for others to follow.

Glad you asked, Charlie B. Maybe this might help answer your question.

Wow

This was insightful found these paragraphs particularly interesting;

No matter how long we have been saying it, Sister White’s writings are not what Revelation 19:10 refers to as “the spirit of prophecy.” Like all other divine messages brought to us by human instrumentality, they may have been inspired by that spirit. There certainly is ample evidence that they indeed are, as Uriah Smith declared them, a manifestation of that spirit. But our practice of assigning to them that title or others like it is excessive to say the least. It’s a wonder we haven’t added titles like Her Holiness to the mix.

Our boast of having it all and needing no further light is so unmistakably Laodicean. It is this very delusion that the Lord finds so nauseating he warns he will have to spew us out of his mouth: “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked” (Revelation 3:17).

Leon

So, how was Mass today?  I noticed you were gone pretty much all day, I spent the day laying cement.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service