Adventist Online

I was listening to the sermon last Sabbath and the pastor was mentioning Sister White and used Rev 12:17 and 19:10 to prove that she was the Spirit of Prophecy, and since she is, then therefore our church is the remnant church. I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions, but what hit me when I read these verses is this,: the spirit of prophecy, the very heart of prophecy, the focus and destination and ultimate purpose of prophecy, not the letter of- but the spirit of, is the testimony of Jesus, the written Word and spoken Word about the Living Word. Does anyone understand this concept? So why do we call sister white the SOP?

Views: 1725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

" Now scripture put the Holy spirit in this role, comforter (John 14:16), guidance (John 14:26) and correction (proverbs 1:23-30). Yet, many have supplanted the living Holy Spirit, with the writings of Ellen White. The words continuing guide, and authoritative create the idea that Ellen White has complete authority in interpreting scripture, and is is ongoing without change. In my opinion this leads to false religion, and hiders growth in the Holy Spirit."

Indeed Leon as I understand we do not grow in the Holy Spirit I have heard it to be in Jesus. As we see on your comments here you find it hard to reconcile the SOP with The Holy Spirit. Most of us understand that that E G White was inspired by the Holy Spirit. We may see some miss-use of her writings true, but that would have happened even if the writer was someone else. See you are going to the other extreme and discard her writings as useless, that is also wrong I believe.

Not useless, but requiring the discretion of the Spirit.

Leon

Leon

"Not useless, but requiring the discretion of the Spirit."

And I take it you have appointed yourself as the judge and executioner on what is true and right.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

No, not anyone judge. Just leaning on Christ and following the insight that the Spirit gives. Just because I don't find it useful doesn't mean it is the same for your or anyone else. Just be cautions to give more credence to the Spirit and keep an open mind.

Leon

Leon,

You sound like a charismatic (or whatever) constantly referring to the Spirit.  I hope the Spirit you give so much credence to is conforming to biblical principles.

Yes,  it's the first lie ever told. 

For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. Genesis 3:5

In others words when you have this 'spirit' no one or written word or SOP can tell you right from wrong; you on your own have the ability to decide what is good and what is evil; in other words you are God...

Jason

Satan wasn't. telling Eve to rely on God. He was telling her to defy him and gain sinful knowledge. Hardly the way of the Spirit. We must be born again of the Spirit, submitting to Him in order to abide in Christ and obey the will of God. 

I gave them eyes so the could not see.

Leon

First thing done when anyone either refers to the holy spirit in manifesting or anyone disagreeing is an automatic its of the Devil accusation is railed. Unless you have clear plain scriptures to rely on and/or have discerning of spirits by revelation, then you speak presumptuous, especially in having no tradition, practical understanding or experience in receiving into manifestation holy spirit.

You are full of bull's dung. You may think it is some kind of spirit but it is light of your own kindling. If anyone here is presuming on God it would be you James. 

The Spirit of God will lead us in the path of the commandments; for the promise is that “when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth.” We should try the spirits by the test of God’s Word; for there are many spirits in the world. “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” God holds every one of us to an individual accountability, God will not lightly esteem the transgression of His law. “The wages of sin is death.”

Elijah: You have no understanding or experience, you speak as a virgin of the holy spirit in manifestation. Like the Pharisees, you deny the spirit of God and accuse those that walk by the spirit as being of the Devil. You haven't manifested anything of the spirit. I already challenged you to relate any manifestation of the spirit you have manifested and you could not give one instance. 

You are always attacking people here.

You are not a good witness for either the SDA or the Christian body of Christ.

There are many here and in SDA church that I know are good witnesses for Christ, regardless if they don't speak in tongues ever or prophecy etc. They show the love of God and respect others. You should show respect for God by showing respect for others.

I dress you down because you are such a despicable and ill-mannered and aggressively hostile person. Nothing gets you to think beyond your closed-minded ways and reconsider that someone else might be right and you wrong? 

Why should I respect a man who has sold his soul to the devil, there is not one redeeming feature about you? According to the Bible, you are a blasphemer deluded in your own light that you have kindled with the help of the Devil. 

https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-false-accusations.html

"Question: "What does the Bible say about false accusations?"

Answer:
Regarding false accusations, the psalmist says, “For they do not speak peace, but against those who are quiet in the land they devise words of deceit” (Psalm 35:20). This is an accurate description of the motives and results of false accusations. People lie about the innocent in order to stir up trouble. This happens on every level of society, from the halls of your local high school to the halls of the Pentagon. People accuse others falsely as a revenge tactic or power play or when they think they have something to gain. There is no need to state that this behavior is unbiblical in the extreme.

The command against making false accusations is one of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:16). According to Mosaic Law, someone who accused another person falsely was to receive an ironic punishment: “The judges shall inquire diligently, and if the witness is a false witness and has accused his brother falsely, then you shall do to him as he had meant to do to his brother. So you shall purge the evil from your midst” (Deuteronomy 19:18–19). The Law also specified that the punishment of a false witness was to be carried out without pity (Deuteronomy 19:21); it is a serious thing in God’s eyes to make a false accusation.

The folly of making a false accusation is illustrated in the book of Esther. A man named Haman, a nobleman in the court of King Ahasuerus, devised a plot to frame a Jew named Mordecai and have him hanged on a gallows fifty cubits high. Haman sought to ensure Mordecai’s death by means of false accusations. Haman devised this plot because he hated Jews, and he especially hated Mordecai because Haman was jealous of a favor Mordecai had received from the king. But Haman’s plot was found out, and the punishment for Haman’s treachery was poetic justice—he was hung on the very gallows he had constructed for Mordecai (Esther 5:9–14; 6:4).

Those who make false accusations are under God’s judgment (Psalm 5:6). As followers of Christ, we can expect that people will sometimes make false accusations against us, but hear Jesus’ encouragement: “Blessed are you when people . . . falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven” (Matthew 5:11–12). No matter what others say about us falsely, we rely on God’s Word: “Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, I keep your precepts with all my heart. Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, but I delight in your law” (Psalm 119:69–70).

Jesus Himself faced false accusations from the Pharisees and their followers. Isaiah prophesied this when he said of the Messiah, “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth” (Isaiah 53:7). Even Pilate, the Roman governor who oversaw Jesus’ sentence, knew that Jesus had done nothing wrong, but he pandered to the Jews and allowed the false accusations to stand (Matthew 27:22–26).

According to the Mosaic Law, those who falsely accused the Son of God should have been themselves crucified. Instead, Jesus looked down at the soldiers and the rulers who were scoffing at Him and dividing up His clothing, and He said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do” (Luke 23:34). This was an indication that the Mosaic Law had been fulfilled by Jesus’ sacrifice and that a new law of forgiveness and mercy through faith in the Lamb of God was now in place for all who would believe in Him. “For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ” (John 1:17; 3:16)."

I am looking for a "Great reward in heaven (paradise). 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2020   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service