Adventist Online

I was listening to the sermon last Sabbath and the pastor was mentioning Sister White and used Rev 12:17 and 19:10 to prove that she was the Spirit of Prophecy, and since she is, then therefore our church is the remnant church. I don't disagree that we have the remnant message, or that Mrs. White had prophetic visions, but what hit me when I read these verses is this,: the spirit of prophecy, the very heart of prophecy, the focus and destination and ultimate purpose of prophecy, not the letter of- but the spirit of, is the testimony of Jesus, the written Word and spoken Word about the Living Word. Does anyone understand this concept? So why do we call sister white the SOP?

Views: 1308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Charlie well well welcome back from the deep sleep. If I had thought James was a person who could become an SDA I would have approached him with more care. But in reality, he is only here to convert us to Happy Clappers. I detest happy clappers. 

Charlie B, I appreciate your comment regarding Elijah's attitudes. Regarding speaking in tongues. I have explained the technical matters about the manifestations of holy spirit (they are not gifts, but manifestations of the spirit that resides in every believer. The holy spirit is the gift, which enables every beleiver to operate as directed by God all 9 manifestations as needed).

Doing Romans 10:9-10, confessing Jesus Christ as Lord and believing that God raised him from the dead results in "Thou shalt be saved."

This is not by works includiing keeping any law, doing any manifestations of holy spirit, or anything else other than grace. Some here have a problem with that, not accepting the great grace through Jesus Christ as revealed by Paul.

The manifestations are beneficial, though many here do not understand or believe that even tongues is profitable, but it is, as "But the manifestation of the spirit is given to every man to profit withal" I Cor. 12:7.

I am not egotistical, but I and others have discovered that the word gifts was added in I Cor. 12, 13 and 14 without textual authority.  In practice those that believe to receive into manifestation the holy spirit as directed by the Lord receive into manifestation the 9 manifestations as needed, to benefit (profit withal). These should be operated by love of God, and in accordance with both the written word as given by Paul and as directed by the holy spriit. To clarify, all born again Christians have the God-given ability to do all nine manifestatoins of holy spirit, as they have already received the holy spirit subjectively, which in scripture the Greek word decomai is used, but receiving into manifestation, an outward manifestation of the spirit into the senses realm, the word lambano is used, though in English KJV etc. both words are translated receive.

Becasue most Christians do not practice nor believe in doctrinally that these are availiable at all (cessationists) or that they don't have the "gift," then they never manifest the power of the holy spirit. That is why The Book of Acts has not been duplicated so far. Great ignorance, fear, misunderstanding and wrong doctrine and practice has clouded the truths given by Paul and the early church. This is most unfortanate, as healings, prophesies, prayers and interpretations (tongues) have not been done that could have been done. The Catholic Church as well as all Asia turning away from Paul and the sacred secrets given to him by Jesus Christ has damaged the church in its operatation and even proper structure, doctrines and potential power of God. The manifestations were part of the sacred secrets given to the church, lost now for most of 2000 years. The sacred or divine secrets are transliterated to the word mysery, which is inaccurate, and should read "sacred or divine secrets."

The sacred secrets cover whole great subject matter not available before revealed to Paul, hidden since the foundation of the world See all usages of mystery in New Testament.

Especially if you can speak in tongues as it seems as told by our happy clapper "prophet".

Judge not lest though be judged, for in the manner you judge, you shall be judged.

Salvation is by grace and nothing else.

Read Paul in Romans about salvation. He was zealous for the law and killed for it. Some of you here (a few) are not too far from Paul before he was converted by Jesus if given a chance with power.

There is nothing worse than a religious zealot (other than a communist or terrorist) given the authority to torture or kill (like the Catholic Inquisition), or to defame and bear false witness, as here. Both Elijah and JasonM broke the commandment in the old testament against bearing false witness by falsely accusing me of being mentally ill, with complete evil-mindedness, with no evidence, no witnesses (all in violation of the law they say they obey), not even being qualified to make such judgments not being trained or licensed in psychiatry or psychology. Even licensed psychiatrists never diagnose anyone without having examined the person in person, called the Goldwater principle or rule.

I am glad that God does the judging and not these two. God has already judged me righteous, sanctified, redeemed, justified, and I have the ministry of reconciliation, to bring people to God by witnessing to them etc. If you two creatures have a problem with that, take it up with God.

Besides, many of the mental illnesses are actually spiritually caused by demonization. Neither of these two individuals is qualified to judge of those matters either; not being experienced or knowledgeable or morally qualified to make or receive such discerning of spirits revelation or other revelation, to which they do not have an interest or desire for. God gives them what they want, no manifestations of the spirit of God. One does not receive salvation or manifestations of holy spirit by the working of the law, but only by grace and faith. That is why the never receive such, but judge others that do. I rely on Paul regarding the keeping of holy days, eating and drinking and such.

You both are guilty before the law you say you keep. Hypocrites! Your pride is disgusting and you are in bondage and apparently know nothing about liberty in Christ, as regards eating, drinking, holy days, etc. Attempting to keep the law and not relying on Jesus Christ as your righteousness is dangerous, and can lead to being not saved, or fallen from grace, especially in judging others while doing evil with hypocrisy.

Those that say they have no sin are liars, and those that have no love of God for others have the spirit of antichrist and are deceived. WE are supposed to be especially good to the household of God (believers).

Ian

Me and Ellen White are and were both sinners. Thus, we have our moments when we both depart from the Holy Spirit.

H. Leon Bryan

Herbert

"Me and Ellen White are and were both sinners. Thus, we have our moments when we both depart from the Holy Spirit."

Does that mean you say EG white was inspired by the Holy Spirit?

Hello Ian

Yes, she was as are all those who preach the testimony of Christ. As I have stated previously I do not believe she was a prophet, and there is truth and error in her work. We need to rely on the holy Spirit for discernment.

Leon

Are you saying that she had to be infallible for you to believe she was a prophet?

No, not for me. However, many others seem to think she was. In my lifetime I don't believe I have ever heard or read about her admitted or witnessed error. A Prophet must meet the test of scripture, which I don't believe she does, for many reasons. Yet, I do think she had insight and can provide guidance in conjunction with the Holy Spirit.

Leon

Herbert

I do not Believe you can have it both ways Either she was inspired and her writings. or she was not you can not have a middle road.

Satan is ... constantly pressing in the spurious—to lead away from the truth. The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. “Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Proverbs 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God’s remnant people in the true testimony.—Letter 12, 1890.{1SM 48.3}

Hello Ian

Black and white thinking about any sinful person is unhealthy. People err, so we must be able to discern truth from error. Ellen White wrote thousands of pages, and lived over 80 years. She made mistakes in her theology and personal life. We must be able to determine the right from the error in order to gain insight from her ministry.

Leon

Herbert

"Mistakes"

The Church was founded on a mistake. The Bible speaks of it.

Rev 10:10  And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. 11  And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Sanctify self

We as a people need to be sanctified unto God daily. From day to day, from hour to hour, from moment to moment, we need to know the will of God concerning us. Constantly we are to be on the watch over self. High responsibilities devolve upon every one who has covenanted to serve God and to fulfill all the obligations of this life. We are to cultivate the mind in a knowledge of spiritual things. The whole being—body, soul, spirit—is to be consecrated to God’s service. As we do our part faithfully, shall not the Judge of all the earth do right by us? We are to be laborers together with God. “Ye are God’s husbandry; ye are God’s building.” Constantly we are to work in harmony with God. In the Scriptures we have the life of Christ before us—a living example in vital, spiritual action. His ministry was marked with keenness of perception. He was always true. His life evidenced inward spirituality. *In the name of the Lord God of Israel, I would say that those who are partakers of the divine nature will have spiritual life and light with which to bless others.* “He that heareth My word,” saith Christ, “and believeth on him that sent Me, hath everlasting life.” It is not an inactive faith, but a living, working faith, that enables us to be successful laborers together with God. My brethren, learn of the great Teacher, Jesus Christ, the only-begotten of the Father. Cultivate His meekness, His lowliness of heart, I beg of you. Labor with the simplicity of little children, and with true loyalty of heart. As you do this, your daily experience will be of a character to make you trustful and brave—valiant soldiers. {20MR 172-173}

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2018   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service