Adventist Online

Not trying to cause a war here, and if your intention is to hurt/humiliate anyone responding to this post please save all of us the trouble and don't post!. A friend and I were talking and honestly I don't know if there is biblical basis for us not dancing. So, what can you tell me on the subject, why do we as SDA's not dance?

Views: 6286

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Christo, can you tell me what is a "dance ministry", please?
Unless you tell me when you dance, mingled with different sexes, you don't develope any feelings for the other sex..don't you? Not to hurt you I don't think its acceptable to God nowadays esp. that the type of mixed dances that we have these days, though in the olden days, God called them to.
I hope you will get gennuine answers because there are different feelings on this issue.
Gabriel, you are Hispanic and you don't understand the correlation between dance and sex? I am really surprised.
Exactly, dance and sex go together. Doesn't that give you cause to pause and think what you have been saying through this thread?
Um, no, everyone should be like Jesus. So perhaps we should do what Jesus would do... whatever that is. And I somehow doubt it would involve the topic of this discussion.
So God lied. :(

I just feel awful now. :(
I do have to correct you Gabe. In a friendly way. Not everyone can be like Jesus here on this earth. But once we are in Heaven we will be made new and then and only then .... we will become like Him for we shall see Him as He is. Praise God we are saved by HIS merits and not anything that we might accomplish by His power here on this earth.
What did it accomplish?

Salvation for me .... a sinner.
Um... what exactly are you trying to prove with the whole tree worship thing, Gabriel? O_o
I understand simple English, but your comment simply seemed out of place in this discussion. I'm not sure what the significance is of there being many different religions.

And if you worshiped a tree, I'm sure all of your loyal AO friends would band together to get you the appropriate psychiatric help. Right, everyone? ;-)
I would have thought that the point was obvious: you understand the corelation between dance and sex. Considering that we, as Christians are supposed to be a light unto the world I would assume that we would want to project the right image of Christ.

I'm not judging you Gabriel, merely observing what you have said. No judgement needed.

A single (or married) guy can enjoy himself - I don't see what your point is unless you are suggesting that the only way that you can enjoy yourself is through dance and sex.

As to whether you should be like me, I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you mean, married, then perhaps you should. I would certainly recommend it.

If you mean it in any other sense then I would be tempted to ask, what do you know about me that would enable you to make a fully informed decision? Much better to look to Christ rather than to man.

Don't let anyone tell you that you, or anyone else, cannot be like Jesus. That is the refuge of the one who wants to maintain his sin. We are given a perfect goal in the example of Jesus Christ. If we say that we cannot overcome any sin then our spiritual growth will stop right there and we make God out to be a liar. I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me. Remember, it is the overcomers who are granted to sit on His throne, not those who were overcome by sin.
Moving down...
"Actually it does have a point in this discussion. Why? On my previous post I mentioned, everyone or I doesn't have accept, jesus, mohhamed, buddha, the hindi gods, etc. anyone can chose to accept jesus, Mohamed, Buddha, the hindi gods, a rock, tree, etc. that's why implied the U.S. Constitution with the tree worship example.

It would take more than a therapy session for me to stop worshiping a tree. Trees are awesome, we must save the trees. LOL."

Of course anyone is free to worship whom/whatever they wish, but that doesn't really have anything to do with being like Jesus/sanctification/Jesus' death and resurrection/whatever we were talking about back there. But since nobody knows what that was, I guess I'll let it go. :P

We must save the trees, but the trees shall not save us.

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service