Adventist Online

Why do we worship God? Do we do so to have heaven? or for a different reason. If we argue that it is not for heaven, will we love and worship him if we were sure that there will not be heaven?

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen Sister. God's love alone is indeed a Heaven
Installed in each man is the urge to reconnect back to a supreme being that he came from. We naturally worship. HaShem commands us to worship Him, because He knows the human urge and tendency to worship. He created us that way.
Hammer,

I am a Nazarene.
Is that a name of a church? Or is that just what you call yourself?
Hello my Brother
I have a question did you state the word as GOD as being the word HaShem? Was this a TyPo or where did ( This word) it originate from? I Look forward to your reply!

Sincecerly
Shalom Em,

HaShem is Hebrew for "The Name." We do not know the original look or sound of God's name. So, we say HaShem.
Hello my Brother
I know so far as our Doctrines as Seventh-Day Adventists we don't use the word for GOD as the WORD " HaShem", so that's why I questioned the pronunciation. I'm well identified of all of the Other names that the BIBLE /Greek & Hebrew has listed as names for GOD. Thank's for the Clarification. I Hope you enjoy the Topics thar are being Discused here.

Shalom James
We have also taken another form, after sin entered this world. Men are naturally prideful now etc. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. -Psalm 51:5

I guess we do have a natural tendency to "worship" greater things. This is commonly found in celebrity worship and people making a big deal about so many insignificant things. So, we may naturally want to worship something, though naturally and automatically, I dont know if thats God anymore, generally speaking.

Why worship God? It seems like every time I look into any reason pertaining to the things of God, it comes back to genuine love. I would say, we worship God because we love Him.

We love him, because he first loved us. -1 John 4:19
Will we (that includes you) continue to worship him if there was no reward (heaven)?
Shalom Ach, Dont you think that there are some people who do not worship Yehwah at all? What about them?
That is from EG White.......
I worship because the goodness and beauty I see in the world find their source in Him and I am amazed at what I see....... His wisdom astounds me, His gentleness for one so great draws me, and His love blows my mind! "Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God......." 1John 3:1 It is quite something, given the fact that we don't all bear His image although we may bear His name. And as to heaven, it's where I want to be because He's there. For Someone who has enriched my life in so many ways, what comes after cannot diminish what has already been. And if "seeing in part" has brought me such wonder, it would be worth it no matter what comes hereafter!

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2019   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service