Adventist Online

Why dont Adventists celebrate/take part in: Christmas, Carnival, Easter etc ?

Why dont Adventists celebrate/take part in: Christmas, Carnival, Easter etc ? any ideas?

Views: 2335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wish I was good at knowing which books were used... But I remember reading about how Ellen White is okay with Christmas... sure maybe not with santa decs etc but I read she was okay with the Christmas tree but just personally preferred it decorated with money offerings for the poor. and I read she was okay for the Christmas tree placed in the church. I have so many Ellen White books, but unfort hard to rem book, page number etc... if anyone knows where its found - feel free to mention here thanks :)

I have two athiest young adult children - i know they will be turned off God even more if I did not even do some nice simple things for Christmas. I don't spend heaps of money on it. But just do the tree dec, and have a meal for lunch, send out cards esp to non believers as they do the christmas card thing... naturally if I believe God does not want me to do this anymore I would stop regardless about my kids and others because God comes first! am not really sure yet if have to stop doing it altogether. I mean - surely we can still send a card - as its really just saying Happy Holidays at this time to people we care about. and what is wrong with having a meal with them for that day if they celebrate it. I think damage will be done and put non believers off God even more if we can't even do simple things like this. 

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2022   Created by Clark P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service