Adventist Online

Why dont Adventists celebrate/take part in: Christmas, Carnival, Easter etc ?

Why dont Adventists celebrate/take part in: Christmas, Carnival, Easter etc ? any ideas?

Views: 2331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think "carnival"  necessarily belongs in the same category as Christmas and Easter unless your Christmas and Easter takes on a carnival atmosphere. There is no spiritually productive potential at a carnival unless you only went there to hand out literature. I doubt this ever happens. Then there is the defining of what it means to celebrate. We do not celebrate Christmas and Easter in our home but neither do we work at an occupation on those days. We either work around the property or gather with friends to read together, study, or do whatever.

I don't think someone who rejects the SOP as manifested through EGW would have light on appropriate observations of feast days.

Do you understand what the mark of the beast is  and who the two beasts of Revelation 13 are ?

I don't think someone who rejects the Torah would have much light on who is a prophet of Yahweh.

Remember the law of Moses, the statutes and judgements... Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.

If you abhor the Torah we read that Yahweh abhors you.

Read the Torah. The scriptures teach that it is truth and also that the truth will set you free.

Will, you are calling people back to what you consider lost or neglected truth. Do you accept the prophetic work of EGW as an Inspired for the church ?

I arrived at the point I'm at now through the aid of her writings.

That is no longer a Baptismal requirement. :)

It is not difficult to narrow down the time our saviour was born. He was born a specified time after his cousin John. The time Elizabeth got pregnant can be determined by the course of service of her husband in the temple. While it is not an exact science I am satisfied that he was born late September to early November. I actually would point to a specific date on the Hebrew calendar because it seems likely but I shan't as it is not easily demonstrated.

Maybe.  Maybe not.  The climate is a lot like that of New Mexico, exceptionally cold in the wiinter, and arid and dry durring the warmer months.  September and November was probably pretty cold for shepherds to be out at night with their flocks.

Remember that this was the time ordained by god to dwell in booths for a week.

The average daily high in October is 82°F
The average daily low in October is 70°F

I think that this would be quite nice weather to watch the flocks in the fields at night. In fact I keep my house at 70°F.

These average temperatures were For Tel Aviv

To all you Feast Keepers.  The laws are not inseparable as you misinterpret the scriptures.  Read the following to see:

2 Kings 21:8
(8) Neither will I make the feet of Israel move any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them.

2 Chronicles 33:8
(8) Neither will I any more remove the foot of Israel from out of the land which I have appointed for your fathers; so that they will take heed to do all that I have commanded them, according to the whole law and the statutes and the ordinances by the hand of Moses.

God commanded them them to keep 10 commandments and God commanded Moses to teach the statutesa nd ordinances (ceremonial laws that were against them).

Deut. 4:12-14
(12) And the LORD spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
(13) And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
(14) And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

Here is the thing.  This teaching that there is no separation is NOT SDA teachings and never has been.  Satan has led others to teach some of our people and it is a wind of doctrine in our midst that some I know personally are obviously now rejecting Ellen White as a True Prophet of God because she rightly shows there is a division.  May God help those Adventists that are being led away from the Truth as it is found in God's Word.

@ mindbender, Sister Ellen never gave such a straight answer yes, as u have. If u find it hard to let t pass that way u can, do something without extravagance and sinning.

Calling them as she did in the herald, z 4 those who jst overluk t bz of the uncertainity of date. Yet the church hasnt taken a stand in that.

Elen herself, in the first place said if God had seen it of importance, would have told us thru the prophets, whatsoever
It is interesting to see that the scriptures teach plainly on this subject. We are not to observe the times of other no gods. It is pretty easy to show that the dates selected for this to festivals, Christmas and Easter, have at there very basis pagan roots. They are "high days" in pagan calendars. The traditions common for each of the festivals are also steeped in pagan tradition. For example, there is usually a ham served at Easter (now I know this is not done in Adventist homes). This tradition comes from the pagan mythology that Tammuz was killed by a wild boar and was raised back to life on Easter. To celebrate they roast a pig. Women would "weep for Tammuz" for forty days prior to this. This weeping for Tammuz is recorded in scripture.

If you want to see if the traditions you follow are honouring to god or his adversary you can check out:
Truth or Tradition: Should Christians celebrate Christmas and Easter?

Just google the above line and watch the presentation. If you do not have broadband Internet email me and I will try to send you a copy in snail mail on DVD.

Willandtina.anderson@gmail.com

No amount of time or good intention can make an abomination to god into something pleasing to god.

Also. Check out the golden calf story in the scriptures. Aaron presented the calf as the LORD who brought them out of Egypt. NOT as the Egyptian god who brought them out of Egypt. A sort of "christianized" heathen deity is what Aaron presented. This is akin to presenting god with our christianized pagan holidays.

well said brother ..AMEN

RSS

Site Sponsors

Adventist Single?
Meet other Single
Adventists here:
Join Free

USA members:

Support AO by
using this link:
Amazon.com

© 2021   Created by Clark P.   Powered by